ABS or not?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Sparky75

ABS or not?

Post by Sparky75 »

How can you tell if a MX-3 has ABS ? mines a jap car (Presso Eunos) and ive got a ABS fuse in the engine bay, and an icon in the dash that does not light up. but i cant find a hydraulic unit, but looking for anything in that V6 engine bay is a nightmare.
My MX-3 (Presso Eunos) 93 spec Right hand drive.<BR>Mods..<BR>Sullivan racing Alluminium Race Pedals.<BR>17x7" MB Molini Alloys with 215/40/17 tyres.<BR>Glass headlight/one smashed :(<BR>PRM Intake Kit.<BR>Front Strut Brace.<BR>Erebuni Bodykit & GTR Rear Spoiler on the way.
Maddbuck

Re: ABS or not?

Post by Maddbuck »

The ABS control unit is under the passenger side seat in the US models, if that is there then you have ABS. Under the Drivers side is the seatbelt control module module so don't get them mixed up. I have all the fuses and stuff like you said but no control module so I don't think I have ABS.<BR> :roll:
Sparky75

Post by Sparky75 »

Things get confusing when reffering to drivers or passenger sides because mines Right hand drive :) hehehe cheers for the info i will take a look.
My MX-3 (Presso Eunos) 93 spec Right hand drive.<BR>Mods..<BR>Sullivan racing Alluminium Race Pedals.<BR>17x7" MB Molini Alloys with 215/40/17 tyres.<BR>Glass headlight/one smashed :(<BR>PRM Intake Kit.<BR>Front Strut Brace.<BR>Erebuni Bodykit & GTR Rear Spoiler on the way.
Maddbuck

Post by Maddbuck »

Yeah I know. It took me a while to stop hitting the door with my left hand when I wanted to change gears when I moved here. :D <BR>I'll take a stab and say the drivers side then. But you never know.<BR>Cheers<BR> :roll:
Nickie

Post by Nickie »

Mine was retro fitted with ABS, so there's no badge on the back. The best way to find out is find a nice quiet bit of straight road and do an emergency stop. If you hear an electronic whine, and you don't skid all over the place, you've most likely got it! :D
Always ready for a race
Sparky75

Post by Sparky75 »

Yeah but it dont work and im trying to see if it has failed or not there
Sparky75

Post by Sparky75 »

OI OI !!! someone else from the UK :D

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”