Hatch rattling

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Gruneun

Hatch rattling

Post by Gruneun »

Anyone have a problem with their hatch rattling?<P>Most times slamming it shut will solve the problem until I open it again, but obviously that's not a perfect solution. Usually when it starts back up I'm already moving and don't want to stop.<P>If anyone knows it to be a typical MX-3 issue, or has had the same problem, please let me know how you fixed it (or even if you didn't). I haven't taken a day to look close at the latch, yet, but I will. I definitely don't need any extraneous rattling if I ever get my subs in the back.
MAZDASPEED STEVE

Re: Hatch rattling

Post by MAZDASPEED STEVE »

The other half of the hatch, on the car, is held by 2 bolts. Loosen them, push that piece down as far as it will go, tighten back up. If that doesn't work go get some thin foam weather stripping at your local hardware store and line the trunk where the hatch and car meet, or wherever plastic is touching metal. hope that helps [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
THANX
MAZDASPEED
STEVE
white fish

Post by white fish »

Try looking <A HREF="http://mx-3.com/tsb/s047-93.gif" TARGET=_blank>at this</A>
Gruneun

Post by Gruneun »

White Fish, you rock. I assumed it was the latching mechanism and it hadn't even occurred to me that it may be the hinges. I'll take a look this week. Thanks.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”