MX3 Targa

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
teb

MX3 Targa

Post by teb »

O.K. scrap the idea of an mx3 convertible, I am neither rich or insane. I do like the sound of a targa though. Any one got any pics or info like cost? or how would the doors look - presumably the door frame round the window also be removed?
shawnm

Re: MX3 Targa

Post by shawnm »

Nice idea,<P>just think it would be veryyyyyyyy expensive to do this, <BR>i just think the better idea to buy convertible,of course mx-5<P>best<P>------------------<BR>shawnm<BR>MX-3 red blaze...POLAND<BR>UIN 21934953<BR>shawnm@wp.pl
shawnm<P>miata 1,6 <BR>UIN 21934953<BR>shawnm@wp.pl
RanMan

Post by RanMan »

Any modification that involves removing part of the roof will make the body twist more. I had a Supra Turbo targa top and when the top was removed, you could feel the body twisting because the roof was not there to help prevent the twisting. It is awesome to have a targa and I think an MX-3 targa would be a sight to see (and fun to drive). Perhaps if anyone did decide to make this mod, they should probably have some subframe connectors created to help reduce body twisting. Just a suggestion.
drehabz69

Post by drehabz69 »

my crazy idea for my mx-3 was to remove the hatch and take the back seat out... put a trunk on and a back glass... then t-tops<BR>so basically the car would no longer be a hatchback or a 4 seater.... it would be a mazda del sol<BR>picture what that would look like Image<BR>
Rather ride d!ck then ride a CIVIC!!
RanMan

Post by RanMan »

That's interesting! I had the same thought. Of course not serious about doing it, but it was more of a "Wouldn't it be COOL if?" things....you know? I think the car would look pretty damn cool (and like a Del Sol for sure..only better).
fieval79
Supporting Member

Post by fieval79 »

There has already been somebody to make a "Mazda Del Sol". His name is Dan Sohl. He did all the work himself, and it looks pretty damn good. Haven't seen any updates on it in a while. He removed the hatch, and put in a trunk and a back glass. He removed the backseats too I think....not to sure. He even made a custom spoiler for it. There were some pics of it on yahoo!groups....but I don't know if they are still there or not. Just thougth I would through in my .02 cents............<P>John Van Camp<BR>94 white RS
SE-Man

Post by SE-Man »

I've seen a MX Targa, It was at a shop in Louisianna. They told me it would cost about $500 and the use the original top and mold it to fit the OEM windows. If you have a moon roof it is sealed shut. But that was over 6 years ago, Idon't even remember the name of the shop, but my bud went home so I'll get him to see if the shop still their.<P>------------------<BR>Thanks,<BR>Teri<BR>'93 MX-3 SE

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”