Traction bars --- KL & BP

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
RobMinhas
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Traction bars --- KL & BP

Post by RobMinhas »

Hey Ryan, what do you think about using some lower grade bolts? The black bolts are 10.8 grade which makes them great and hard and tough but it also makes them pretty brittle.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
bpt323

Post by bpt323 »

Considering the application the black bolts are used in. if for some reason you are breaking them or stripping threads you've far over tightened them to begin with. the goal isn't to crush the control arm afterall....

short of that. spit it out :P what did ya do???
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Nothing yet, I'm just feeling giddy and can't wait for my last exam tomorrow to install them.

Makes sense I guess.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
bpt323

Post by bpt323 »

BUMP for installed pictures!!! come on guys! show em
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

One side of the bars doesn't line up, I'm assuming my frame is bent although it looks straight and the tow hooks were fine.

Gonna try installing them again once I get my crossmember taken care of, will post pictures if I can have them fit.
bpt323

Post by bpt323 »

how far off are you talking??? within being able to slot the bolt holes? or are you talking certain frame damage?

when installing the bar are you leaving the bolts semi loose until both sides are up?
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

bpt323 wrote:how far off are you talking??? within being able to slot the bolt holes? or are you talking certain frame damage?

when installing the bar are you leaving the bolts semi loose until both sides are up?
I slipped the passenger side top bolt in a couple threads then tried to slip the other side in to place, was a tight fit and once I got the opposite side lined up I slipped in the top bolt on that side, then i tilted them forward and tried to get the two lower ones lined up but I couldn't get the other two bolts in on both. I then took got an AC compressor to the face so I stopped and pulled it off so maybe I could've coerced them into position but my nose was bleeding so I stopped.
bpt323

Post by bpt323 »

ouch.. Try aligning the 4 front most bolts first.
but steer clear of the AC compressor this next round!
feel free to give me a call when you go back to tackle it. And try to get some pictures up
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

The engine is out now so I'll have more room, I'll take pictures when I get under there tomorrow.
bpt323

Post by bpt323 »

Free bump!!! a couple left here folks!
shadowmx3

Post by shadowmx3 »

Here mine :) bad phone picture thou.

bpt323

Post by bpt323 »

^^^^ now that its installed. how do you like it????
shadowmx3

Post by shadowmx3 »

Love it man, my car feel more stable with some toe in i put in the front wheel.
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

lol i painted mine silver as well, looks good.

hey shadow how did you chop up you under covers to fit the bar? Or did you just leave them off?

I want to get new undercovers and cut them different this time and im looking for ideas to copy :D
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
shadowmx3

Post by shadowmx3 »

lol all my undercover was all broken off already.

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”