Arthur's 1993 mx-3 rs

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Re: Arthur's 1993 mx-3 :]

Post by MrMazda92 »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:Same, my Mx-3 seats were done with tie wraps since I couldn't find the the rings, nor the tool to do them

I did heated seats in my Xterra, both front and back (and installed them in the front seats of friend's truck), and used tie wraps for those too. They work great, you just gotta think ahead to where the head of the tie wrap will sit, and have it on the backside so it's not going to be poking out.
I know it's a little late, and you may not ever see this, but they're called hog rings, and the tool "hog ring pliers" :D
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
racycle
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by racycle »

Haha Thanks! I have had friends consider bringing there old car seats to me to make them a computer chair. :P If I ever get my hands on a spare set of leather back seats, I plan to make a love seat/mini couch type deal.

hog ring pliers =o I never knew, but if I ever need to redo those I still might try the zip tie idea first. Thanks for the info though! It never hurts to learn about the little things in your car. =]

racycle's Worklog!
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=76991
-RIP

Current Toy
http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=80470

Please don't tap on the hood. It disturbs the gerbils.
racycle

Post by racycle »

OH! also when you go to make them, be sure to over secure them to what ever you use as a base. Mine is sitting a little over a foot off the ground , but I had to add in extra support in order for the base to handle my weight when fully reclining back.

racycle's Worklog!
-RIP

Current Toy

MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Honestly, I would use the zip ties as well; I just see a lot of people who can't name the rings, I felt like sharing :lol: I've used them for years, while working on boats during the summer :lol:
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
racycle

Post by racycle »

Oh nice , I haven't really worked on anything that moved until my car besides minor work on friends cars. :P Yea zip ties sounds a lot better then using needle nose pliers to get the rings back on haha. Took me forever =[

racycle's Worklog!
-RIP

Current Toy

racycle

Post by racycle »

Keep me updated with your chair also! I'm curious how your gonna pull off the rails with them being angled at the ends and all :P

racycle's Worklog!
-RIP

Current Toy

racycle

Post by racycle »

So thanks to mooneggs's work he did to his center, it made me wanna try something with mine. I had a extra center double deck housing and I figured why not put my CD drive there for when ever I finally go to start my car-puter. I still got to figure out what I am gonna do about a screen but here is my progress.

Also I don't own a dremal or anything of the sort (sad face) so I had to cut everything with a knife lol.

racycle's Worklog!
-RIP

Current Toy

MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Solid work on that! You can get other rotary tools(different brands) for a lot cheaper, in case you were wondering :) Buying tools on a budget isn't a bad thing, just make sure you research brands before you spend the money. That will keep you happiest in the long run, believe me!

As for my chairs, I'll cut the bent sections and re-drill for the mounting. This is a ways down the road, since I still need an extra set of seats :lol:
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
racycle

Post by racycle »

Ok so I know this isn't directly related to my car but I started testing the capabilities of car audio. After some good fun. Here is what i ended up with.

I used a 1000watt amp , a 250watt PC power supply , a jet styled toggle switch , and 2 12" 1200watt subs but as anyone in the audio industry would tell you, the watts don't really matter. If you guys want a step by step on the process I took to adding this to my laptops sound system, I have no problem writing one up. However I am not responsible for you over-killing it, damaging your property , or burning your house down.

Also ignore the thick stream of cords running along the top and down the side of the amp. Those are only there for a expansion project I got for this in the future. It is actually a lot less wiring then it looks.

racycle's Worklog!
-RIP

Current Toy

Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

racycle wrote:lso ignore the thick stream of cords running along the top and down the side of the amp.
Should we also ignore the bear with the heart? :confused2: :freak:
racycle

Post by racycle »

Naaa , my gf bought it for me like 2 years ago haha.

racycle's Worklog!
-RIP

Current Toy

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

I have a 12v power station in my basement like that!

I also use it to power a much too large stereo.

If you hook a spare (junk) 12v car battery in parallel with the power supply, you won't over-draw and cut it out. You just need to install a battery interrupter so the battery doesn't keep the power supply on when you try to shut the whole thing down.... I used a relay and a switch, but you could just use a SPDT switch.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
racycle

Post by racycle »

Ah thanks Ryan! that is how I wanted to try the setup , but I don't have a spare battery :[.

So today I went out to my car , got in and noticed the entire left side of my car was not putting out sound... My first thoughts were my crossovers pooped out on me. Come to find out my head unit is not putting out anything for the left side.. I ended up wiring my left side with the right. Sure I will lose a few sounds from songs but it will due until I can replace it.

Also the head unit is a JVC multi color one from walmart. Maybe someone else here has had the same issue and could save me 100$ :D

Yea they are just sitting on the seat until I figure out what I want. I'm leaning more towards 4 12"s and making the hole trunk into a box.

racycle's Worklog!
-RIP

Current Toy

ethand

Post by ethand »

I've never had the time to read this whole worklog until now (only ever read bits of the very last page here), and I gotta say, awesome work!
I actually came across it as I was thinking of painting some of my interior plastics... now I'm wanting to transform the whole interior!! hahaha
Now my thoughts are that I should wait until I get back from my student exchange & can spare some cash, buy something in more rough condition than my car, and transform that ones innards before I have a crack at my car's (currently very tidy) interior hahaha...
Awesome work mate, really diggin the over all look, and rate your direction with this car is looking amazing. +1 for the black lip & sides, not 100% bout a black wraparound, but I'm sure it will look sweet once done! If not, you can always re-paint it anyway! (Wraparound is my fave spoiler on these, too!)
I look forward to seeing what you do with the seats & seeing the final look once you get your projector lights & (maybe) black kit on it! (oh, and the rims, too!)
'92 JDM Eunos Presso - Zeke
racycle

Post by racycle »

=o Thanks man , I actually need to touch up the interior. :P I can't wait to do some seats ether. I Just bought door panels from mx3_4evr!! When they come in I will put fabric in the inserts to match the back seat and panels along with cutting some proper tweeter holes. For the "looks" of the car, Just the lip and sides that mooneggs has (where i got the imgs from) in black , black 17" rims, black vertical led projectors and the black spoiler. I agree to wait till you get a trashed one. No need to risk your interior:P If you checked the link in my first post of this thread, my interior was at its worse so anything was better.

I started fiber-glassing my old panels and quickly gave up once I took into count the cost of everything it would be to restore them was close to the cost of buying new ones. :P

X-mas I will be getting a car tent :] Not as nice as a car garage but better then nothing.

racycle's Worklog!
-RIP

Current Toy

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”