Josh's AWD Worklog

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Savin

Re: Josh's AWD Worklog

Post by Savin »

From what I remember seeing on the Facebook page, yes he did part it out, sort of. He scrapped the shell and kept all the goodies for a new project. I'm sure Josh will chime in with all the facts eventually.
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
Demonic1

Post by Demonic1 »

Here's one of the last images of it before the scrapyard. He's currently building an RX-2 and planning on putting the engine in that.

I live like 10 miles from him, I can go take pictures of the empty spot if you'd REALLY like. My car is wearing the silver hood that belonged to the legend.

This was December last year.
Wings on an MX3? What are you thinking?

92 RS BP05
93 GS KLZE
(Previously owned by 2Fazed and then mrMazda92)
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

So... umm... yeah. I parted and sold it :( She was at my folks while I was going through flight school and was in a storm that messed up a rear quarter, hatch and parts of the roof from the near perfect paint job. SO, I was already re fabbing the rear end to re do some things that I was unhappy with when I originally did the swap. I weighed my options, and at the end of the day it needed a lot of work. So I figured I would get something that would appreciate in value. I spent some time looking around for a Mazda that's not an MX-5 that I could drop my BP into I would be happy with. I wanted a late 70's 626 but they are scarce. So I found a nice little 72' RX2 Coupe that I was able to pop on for super cheap. Like low enough I could turn around and sell it and make three times the profit on. Picking up a 6 speed for it this weekend. So the heart of the MX will live on, and most of the parts have gone to dedicated members of the forum.

That being said, I have the 94 GS, and that is getting some pretty cool things coming real soon. I will post some things on that in the coming weeks. Like the ZE rebuild, the 3000 GT mitsu turbos, and who knows... it seems to have a Toyota 4Tec drive train in its future... ;)

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”