Interesting Pictures You Guys Might Like...

Off-Topic Discussions
rsroadkilla

Post by rsroadkilla »

i just read this post. I've been missing out!!!!!

Would it not be easier to just flatten the place though, rather than pay a gaurd to be their 24/7.

Gotta be a pretty freeky job though! All on ya own in a ghost town, in the middle of the night!!!

That would be sooooooooo cool having a big meet their though. Mx3's from all around the world lining the streets!!!

Make our own fasr and furious!! :P
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

rsroadkilla wrote:i just read this post. I've been missing out!!!!!

Would it not be easier to just flatten the place though, rather than pay a gaurd to be their 24/7. Crown property - you should know how they like to hold onto that stuff
Gotta be a pretty freeky job though! All on ya own in a ghost town, in the middle of the night!!! Fry probably had his ugly stick with him .... LOL

That would be sooooooooo cool having a big meet their though. Mx3's from all around the world lining the streets!!! I'd much prefer to do something like that in one of your old castles, now that would be sweet.

Make our own fasr and furious!! :P Could probably do that at the other site where the runways are ... who knows. If a RC club can rent it out, why not a car club for a psuedo meet/slalom. That would be very do-able considering it's within 1 hr of Toronto.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
cdngrl420

Post by cdngrl420 »

time for a car meet out there im up for one regardless of the long drive up, seriously a meet out there would definately bring our meet numbers up haha
^orignal post

ok i was really hyped about the find then i read the last of the pages and realized we are not gonna get in, here are my questions->>>>
*have you checked where the fence ends see if theres any signs on the fence prohibitting entrance, government signs, is there barbwire anything on the fence making it hard to scale?
*If the crown really cared so much about protecting this land they would have fenced it all in either the gaurd told you a phony story to get you away from there or theres something else going on.
*I'm sure the gaurd would have came after you if he seen you snooping around (im sure there is cameras in some spots) something just doesn't seem right to me
*Why have running water/electricty if no one lives there?
*The grass in the pictures looks like its maintained, why if no one lives there?
*Ask the gaurd if the general public are allowed in there as a tourist attraction.
*Did you check every building, if you go back check around the outskirts not in the core if theres something going on I think it be in buildings along the edge, along the forest or whatever as most wanderers would think like u and try to find a city hall or something in the core of the town

My theories are:
Government land for producing medicinal marijuana, see if it smells like skunk around there
Private property for some crazy rich bastard
Government land that has no meaning and im crazy
_-Night-Shade-_

Re: Interesting Pictures You Guys Might Like...

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

Bump to revive an old, intersting topic (yes, this is what happens when I'm bored :) goes to show you there's plenty of interesting info on this forum).
All the pics are down now and I'm dying to see what this place looks like. Is it still there? I would love to sneak in through the forest just to check it out.
Also my heart skipped a beat when I saw that airfield, if it's accessible that means racing with no consequences :D I wanna hear more details about this espeically considering there are still some active members from back then (Mike and John).
Great thread in general, was a very interesting read. I'm gonna look into this ontario ghost town business now :)
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Usually it's an issue of hazardous contamination. Rock fracture releasing natural gas, radon contamination, possible infecious agent but not ususally. Lastly, primevil spor creature living in the towns sewer system waiting to consume human flesh.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

I would like to visit as well... the pics aren't gone just the linking...

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v479/fry_81/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

i wanna go raid all the houses.

things to bring :

gas mask
rubber gloves
(2) .22 caliber pistols with plenty of clips
hockey bags to carry all the free stuff
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

there are no decent satellite maps of this area :?
tripleMX-3chicMS
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by tripleMX-3chicMS »

BE carefull.... there might be some underground flesh eaters living there or a kids only no adults like on star trek... LOL!
92 GS automatic (WHITE w/ full on Zebra interior) My Morning DD
93 GS SE 5 spd manual (RASPBERRY) My Evening DD
93 GS SE 5 spd manual (RASPBERRY) Working On (pics soon)
93*4 GS SE's for parts ONLY*
Every day is a good day to be a girl.... hehehe
my feedback: http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f= ... 50&start=0"
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I'm so jealous! I love a mystery lke this.
I broke into the Oregon State Hospital (Looney Bin), where they filmed "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's nest", and got some souvenirs.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Flyer

Post by Flyer »

IT's all good until you find the town covered in thick fog...if you hear an air raid siren, run...
MrMazda92 wrote:I find Honduh forums more helpful, typically more pleasant too.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Probably a military property and anyone who enters is terminally contaminated with agent XXX toxic bioagent. :(
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Return to “Off-Topic”