Is this for real? Please read

Off-Topic Discussions
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Re: Is this for real? Please read

Post by cjthor »

This is getting pretty crazy. We as a world community must keep the world safe from oppression and terrorists. I hope everyone on this board can stick together in this time of great need. The only reason I started this post was due to the story about us firing dozens of missiles at Iraq. If we cannot keep our personal issues off this thread it will be close. This is not meant to be canadians against americans. Lets be civil guys.
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

The bottom line in my opinion is that this war is unavoidable now. If it is because the Mid-East is pissed off at the US for protecting Isreal or because the US feels the need to police the world. The people who are anti-war in this discussion have yet to respond to what another solution would be.
We are all screwed if Sadam decides to attack Canadians and Americans and Europeans alike. This will not be resolved without force, look at Desert Storm we went in and cleaned out a country but didn't finish the job and now the same person is back to haunt us. I don't know about any of you but I am not comfortable with a trigger happy madman that is spreading his anti-US message. <p>This arguement is pointless. Everyone will believe what they want. A lot of innocent people are going to die for reasons they don't even understand have any of you thought of how sad that idea is??? I went to Ground Zero last October there is a memorial wall there with 100,000's of signatures of people from all over the world giving their deepest of sympathies to the families that were torn apart on that day. There was a numbing feeling that spread for blocks no one spoke just 100's of people shuffling by the hole that was created by a senseless act of religious/political stupidity.<p>All and all people need to come together to defeat this before it happens again. Look at what happened when Hitler was left alone...
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)

Post by Guest »

There was some talk about America puting men on the on the moon and its dominance in aeronautics. This may be true but its basically the only country that can afford such indevers, but dont forget that while your putting men on the moon and flying missions, you also have thousands of starving, homeless, and unemployed citizens, wheres the greatness in that. I understand the importance for scientific development, but does the ends justify the means. And this isnt just an American problem, but its an important point. And I think you could give Japan a little more credit, the world owes them alot of graditude, we wouldnt be were we are now without there technical superiority.<p>Reading through alot of these statements its easy to see who uses there head and who watches to much news. Watch any news program and its all just pro US half truth propaganda, trying to justify this war. I dont recall seeing a decleration from Iraq saying they're going to attack, and its quite evident that Korea has no hostile intent, they are a war torn country that can't afford a conflict, its just rediculous. <p>These UN inspectors have been in Iraq for months and still no hard proof, I dont think people relize how difficult it is to hide these weapons, there are trace elements easily picked up if weapons have been made or transported in or out of certain areas. Thats not to say they aren't there, but it leaves reasonable doubt. And thats not to say Sadam shouldn't be eliminated.<p>Also if the US had some sensitivity to the Islaamic faith most of what has happened in the last few years could have been avoided. Obviously 9/11 and other terrorist events could never be justified, but they could be reduced.<p>I made a comment about mexico having a dictatorship, its not a dictatorship by definition but by opinion. The current government is highly influenced by the US and is kept in power by the US. The states has a free-trade agreement with Mexico and stands to loose alot if a new government comes in and breaks that agreement. Also the mexican government is taking away the rights of the people, like free education, and garaunteed land. <p>In all I'd have to say I hope this conflict ends soon. Id like to see a new power in Iraq. The US as a super power does come under alot of world pressure and I know alot of great thing's come out of your country but with a spokes person like Bush it makes you an easy target for debate and critisism.
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by sureshiit:
There was some talk about America puting men on the on the moon and its dominance in aeronautics.<hr></blockquote><p>That quote was actually taken from a late Canadian. Not American. Maybe we're not the only people that think USA is doing a DAMN good job helping others in which we recieve no support from when we are in need.<p> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>This may be true but its basically the only country that can afford such indevers, but dont forget that while your putting men on the moon and flying missions, you also have thousands of starving, homeless, and unemployed citizens, wheres the greatness in that. <hr></blockquote><p>You need to read previous posts my man. It has been stated that the US has an extremely low rate of unemployment. (US 4.8% while your country has 7.2% as of 2001) Not really prudent to comment on our "excessive" unemployment rate when we're doin a lot better than most.<p> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Reading through alot of these statements its easy to see who uses there head and who watches to much news. Watch any news program and its all just pro US half truth propaganda, trying to justify this war. I dont recall seeing a decleration from Iraq saying they're going to attack, and its quite evident that Korea has no hostile intent, they are a war torn country that can't afford a conflict, its just rediculous. <hr></blockquote><p>I'd like documentation and further proof of these comments. I don't think our government would be worried about a country that can not prove harmeful. What is this "pro US half truth propaganda" you speak of? Please, show information as to the validity of these verbal assaults you present against our media and our country.<p> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>These UN inspectors have been in Iraq for months and still no hard proof, I dont think people relize how difficult it is to hide these weapons, there are trace elements easily picked up if weapons have been made or transported in or out of certain areas. Thats not to say they aren't there, but it leaves reasonable doubt. And thats not to say Sadam shouldn't be eliminated.<hr></blockquote><p>No need for that. We already have proof. We had proof BEFORE the UN went in looking for it all. You guys sit there with your head burried in your *** and don't realize the information put right in front of you.<p> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Also if the US had some sensitivity to the Islaamic faith most of what has happened in the last few years could have been avoided. Obviously 9/11 and other terrorist events could never be justified, but they could be reduced.<hr></blockquote><p>I don't recall the US showing insensitivity toward the Islamic religion. Proof would be in order here also.<p> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>I made a comment about mexico having a dictatorship, its not a dictatorship by definition but by opinion.<hr></blockquote><p>It's not smart to start stating oppinions as fact. You can piss of a lot of people that you don't want to with that.<p> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>In all I'd have to say I hope this conflict ends soon. Id like to see a new power in Iraq. The US as a super power does come under alot of world pressure and I know alot of great thing's come out of your country but with a spokes person like Bush it makes you an easy target for debate and critisism.<hr></blockquote><p>A smart statement f-cked up by another one of your bullheaded opinions. I'd LOVE to see you become the head of your country and bring this world out of this travesty brought on by our president.....er wait. I don't recall George W flying planes into the WTC. Oh well, you continue to believe that for some reason Bush is responsible for all this. :shrug:
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr> You need to read previous posts my man. It has been stated that the US has an extremely low rate of unemployment. (US 4.8% while your country has 7.2% as of 2001) Not really prudent to comment on our "excessive" unemployment rate when we're doin a lot better than most. <hr></blockquote>
Its actually 5.7 right now
http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.nr0.htm
Thats from the US Department of Labor, just so people know the facts, and thats Jan 2003.<p>Just as a fact not as grounds for being egotistical...
http://www.statcan.ca/english/Subjects/Labour/LFS/lfs-en.htm<p>Im hearing alot of people say the US shouldnt goto war that arent American. I knowits anopinion, but the non-americans that have anopinion against it should talk with those in the countries we are having confrentation with. Listening to the radio this morning on my way to work, they had an interview with a reporter that had actually went to Afgahnistan and Iraq. He stated that the people in these countries truley want the americans to get rid of Bin Ladin and Hussein. Propoganda or not, I could see this being truthful. If you knew your president was launching terrorist attacks or planned it and KNEW it would cause your countries downfall, would YOU want the Americans to get him out of power?
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

-------------------------------------------------
[QUOTE]Originally posted by sureshiit:
[QB] This may be true but its basically the only country that can afford such indevers, but dont forget that while your putting men on the moon and flying missions, you also have thousands of starving, homeless, and unemployed citizens, wheres the greatness in that.
--------------------------------------------------
Were not still going to the moon, we haven't been to the moon in over a decade, almost 2 if not more.<p>
-------------------------------------------------
I Reading through alot of these statements its easy to see who uses there head and who watches to much news. Watch any news program and its all just pro US half truth propaganda, trying to justify this war.
--------------------------------------------------<p>
Not true here, I live in a VERY liberal state and there bias is just the opposite of what you said, that may be true where you live, but not everywhere, and thats for sure. Tell me this, how is it supporting the war when a local news crew goes to a rally thats supporting troops and says its an anti-war rally?
:shrug:
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Custommx3:
Im hearing alot of people say the US shouldnt goto war that arent American. I knowits anopinion, but the non-americans that have anopinion against it should talk with those in the countries we are having confrentation with. Listening to the radio this morning on my way to work, they had an interview with a reporter that had actually went to Afgahnistan and Iraq. He stated that the people in these countries truley want the americans to get rid of Bin Ladin and Hussein. Propoganda or not, I could see this being truthful. If you knew your president was launching terrorist attacks or planned it and KNEW it would cause your countries downfall, would YOU want the Americans to get him out of power?<hr></blockquote><p>Just look back to 1990-1991 at the Gulf War. Saddams troops were surrendering faster than we could take them in. They didn't want to fight. Saddam's own army didn't want to fight against the US. They knew he was full of piss and wind back then. I have no reason to believe they will change their stance. The only time they fought back is when we were on the offensive. They just didn't want to die. The only people that WANT this war is Saddam, Osama, and the few thousand Al Quida (sp?) supporters and sympathisers. We in America do not want this war anymore than any of you non-americans. We do want the threat of innocent people, American or otherwise, dying for no reason. We WILL do what is required to neutralize the threat, and calm the situation.<p>Also, think about this. When America takes a POW we treat them just as well as we would ANY american citizen. We don't torture them and starve them. A little extra food for thought.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
Paragon

Post by Paragon »

i hear a lot of people whining about how we should help our economy and unemployment instead of help other countries. think about the big picture guys. we import a ton of other stuff from many countries. when their economies go to crap, they will jack up the prices of the goods that we import from them. how is that gonna help our economy? i believe that if iraq and north korea are a real threat, then they should be dealt with as such. americans nor anyone else should have to live in fear of either of these countries. this country was based on the beliefs that people should be free, and if those same people are afraid to even leave their house, how is that freedom? <p>also, as i believe it was barry said, this entire thing is based on religion. i totally agree. however, i don't know if any of you have ever compared the Bible to the Qu'ran...but i have, and i firmly believe that our God and their Allah are one and the same. for those that have read the bible, you'll understand where i'm coming from. Everything that is happening between the US and Iraq is simply a continuing fued between the sons of Abraham. Ishmael's beliefs are upheld by the Arabs, and Issac's beliefs are held up by Judaism/Christianity. <p>one of my fav. qoutes:
"Let them label us. For the only label that finally matters for followers of the Prince of the Peace is the one that He offers us: “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God."
(cited from http://www.opmh.org/sermons2002/sermon021006.htm great sermon, i recommend reading it)<p>America is simply trying to keep peace amongst the world. how can that be done, if we allow ourselves to be threatened and terrorized?<p>on a final note, the day i turn 18 i plan on enlisting. i want to help my country stand up for it's beliefs the best i can. thanks to the US, i have the freedom to own my own car, do what i want when i want, say what i want to say, and i'm not oppressed or cast out for anything i do. I can't think of many 17 year old kids in other countries who can say the same.<p>[ February 15, 2003: Message edited by: Paragon ]</p>
TedLeeper

Post by TedLeeper »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Paragon:
the day i turn 18 i plan on enlisting.
[ February 15, 2003: Message edited by: Paragon ]
<hr></blockquote> <p>Just so you know, you dont have to be 18 to enlist, you just have to get your parents/legal guardian to sign a form. i suggest signing up before you turn 18, the more time you spend in DEP (delayed entry program) the more you learn and the more ready you get. you can spend up to 1 year in DEP so if you need to finish shcool/spen 1 last summer at home you can (i assume your a senior) just some advise
Hmm. what to do now..
....maybe a VTEC for lunch.

Post by Guest »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by VizualXTC:
<p>A smart statement f-cked up by another one of your bullheaded opinions. I'd LOVE to see you become the head of your country and bring this world out of this travesty brought on by our president.....er wait. I don't recall George W flying planes into the WTC. Oh well, you continue to believe that for some reason Bush is responsible for all this. :shrug: <hr></blockquote><p>Im Sorry I missed the headline that said Sadam Flew the planes into the WTC and lets not forget the Pentagon and attempt on Camp David. And its not Bush, its his party, advisers....basically its not him at all, but he is the spokes person so its easier to just say his name.<p>If you have any sort of insight on the whole situation you wouldn't be asking so many stupid questions. Do you watch your news programs there, entitled "target Iraq" for example and see the "bullheaded" crap they say to try and win over the general impressionable North American public including Canadians. As for the the proof of Iraq having weapons it isnt substancial enough for the UN to aprove war. Thats why this debate is going in the first place. This entire f**king conflict was started in saudi when the US "discrased" the islaamic holy land after being warned by Islaamic groups.Who am i going to piss off about the Mexico statement? All the Mexicans fleeing the country? It must be great if they wanna stay there so bad? Anyways whatever,<p>[ February 16, 2003: Message edited by: sureshiit ]</p>
therealstasman
Supporting Member

Post by therealstasman »

Last edited by therealstasman on February 17th, 2009, 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
therealstasman
Supporting Member

Post by therealstasman »

Last edited by therealstasman on February 17th, 2009, 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
therealstasman
Supporting Member

Post by therealstasman »

Last edited by therealstasman on February 17th, 2009, 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Off-Topic”