My 1.6 16v

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
nightstalker
antispam: No

Re: My 1.6 16v

Post by nightstalker »

Did me a new boot install, took me hours, actually months. I had the back seats out for 3 months measuring up and preparing for this. A couple of trials and fails and I decided on this set up, it really kicks out and I think I'll be entering some pro ICE competitions.

Oh, no, wait.... I actually just put a brown furry rug in it and some household speakers in it....
AaronTietje

Post by AaronTietje »

Holy shag rug Batman. :shock:
We all want to be fast and look cool. Cool changes but fast never does.
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

Rednecks are to Americans as you are to Europeans? I'm actually curious.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
nightstalker

Post by nightstalker »

Ryan wrote:Rednecks are to Americans as you are to Europeans? I'm actually curious.
I think you'll find that I am far from "redneck". It is my understanding of the "redneck" culture that they are highly racist, extremely homophobic, incredibly stupid and more than likely to marry within the family and also not to work an honest day (forgive me if I am wrong, this is the picture we are painted over here) obviously you take life too seriously, take sometime out and relax, hey, it's only fun you know, what would the world be like if we were all the same, my god, Hitler would have loved it wouldn't he?

RAT is quite a huge culture and has been going for a very long time (a lot longer than the MX3 will ever be remembered for I can bet on that) involving Cars, trucks, bikes, etc.
nightstalker

Post by nightstalker »

You poor guys haven't seen enough yet have you? No-one has sworn at me yet.....

Check this Sh1t out, you will cry/laugh/hate

So, tonight has been interesting. A few drinks and a bonfire and I got a little loose on the car.

(this is a mascot for a small car in the uk that all the kids drive and think it's the fastest thing in the world by the way)
Yes.......

Now, I found myself some flammable liquid and a lighter...... What could REALLY go wrong?

Hehehe.

After some fire a much needed beer (okay, to the guy who said I was a Redneck, you could be right from this picture)
(but I have a sense of humour eyyyyyy).
And some vids of the ghetto/pikey install in action

Worst thing is, now my car smells like fire and Brut.......
Vecia

Post by Vecia »

At the initial beginnings of this work-log I was quite interested; things were looking good and I was gaining some good ideas and what not... but.... now... I am just speechless :(
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Your definition of redneck is a little different than mine, but I've got a good grasp now. I did not mean to call you homophobic or offensive in any way... you're just carefree to the extreme. Probably in some attempt to make yourself feel better about some past trauma.

Even if you hate the car for being rusty, it still gets you from A to B... no reason to ruin anything of value for fun.

Green GS - Sold.
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
Feedback
nightstalker

Post by nightstalker »

Ryan wrote:Your definition of redneck is a little different than mine, but I've got a good grasp now. I did not mean to call you homophobic or offensive in any way... you're just carefree to the extreme. Probably in some attempt to make yourself feel better about some past trauma.

Even if you hate the car for being rusty, it still gets you from A to B... no reason to ruin anything of value for fun.
IT'S JUST A CAR, jesus. Who said I hate it? I made it rusty on purpose for the rat look I am doing.

Seems some people have had a sense of humour bypass :freak: :crying:
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

If its "just a car" why do you spend time on a forum? To show off that you don't care about it?

Sounds a little hypocritical to me, but I guess I'm just too serious like that.

Green GS - Sold.
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
Feedback
nightstalker

Post by nightstalker »

Ryan wrote:If its "just a car" why do you spend time on a forum? To show off that you don't care about it?

Sounds a little hypocritical to me, but I guess I'm just too serious like that.
Who's being hypocritical? I never said I don't care about it! Do you actually know how much effort and time (and money) goes into keeping a RAT car on the road legally? (well in the UK anyway, we have regulations) Obviously not?

Maybe I should just forget everything, make my car look like every f**ker elses in the world eyy, oooooh, JDM, it's so in!
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Whatever bud.

You're right, its your car, you'll do as you please. As long as you are getting what you want from it.

Green GS - Sold.
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
Feedback
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

yup, setting your hood on fire makes you one of a kind. If that's what you were going for, good on ya. If not, maybe you should cut back on the fo-tees and blow. Like many others here, I happen to like my car and the time I've invested. I won't hate on you, but your ride does deserve better.
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

Alright so I might not be into the whole rat scene on modern cars but this pretty interesting. I think most tuner crowds now are aimed at perfection so this one is obviously against the grain but I kind of like it, specially the construction tape borders. Also as a designer I can appreciate you showing the technique you used, my only question b/c I have a few friends with older rods that did that look is that they always cleared over top of it, maybe it can save you some maintenance.

Secondly, ship me that bumper!!!!
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
Vecia

Post by Vecia »

RS_OBD'oh_2 wrote:Like many others here, I happen to like my car and the time I've invested. I won't hate on you, but your ride does deserve better.
Amen...
nightstalker

Post by nightstalker »

RS_OBD'oh_2 wrote:yup, setting your hood on fire makes you one of a kind. If that's what you were going for, good on ya. If not, maybe you should cut back on the fo-tees and blow. Like many others here, I happen to like my car and the time I've invested. I won't hate on you, but your ride does deserve better.
I have no idea what the hell you're on about? Fo-tees? As for deserving better, in the hands of anyone else this car would no longer be here anymore! Despite what it looks like I am actually saving this car from the heap they call "scrap".
Sleeper6 wrote:Alright so I might not be into the whole rat scene on modern cars but this pretty interesting. I think most tuner crowds now are aimed at perfection so this one is obviously against the grain but I kind of like it, specially the construction tape borders. Also as a designer I can appreciate you showing the technique you used, my only question b/c I have a few friends with older rods that did that look is that they always cleared over top of it, maybe it can save you some maintenance.

Secondly, ship me that bumper!!!!
Thank you. Secondly, you wouldn't want it for the price it would cost (it is bashed and bent and doesn't hang correctly-not by me, by a previous owner).

I like the fact that some people are "hating" what I am "doing to my own car" so much that they are obviously glued to the conversation going on here. Hey, I'm not doing it to your car so what does it matter to you? Damn, if you had dropped your car off to me and said I want it to look immaculate and I had done this, then I could understand, but I'm not, I'm doing it to my car, NOT YOURS!!!!!

So people, chill, it's not like I'm bangin your Mum....

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”