[GI] CARBON FIBER HATCH BB

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: [GI] CARBON FIBER HATCH BB

Post by Mooneggs »

colinsmx3 wrote:hmmmm since I am at work here (Mazda)..... From the looks of the North American inventory there is only 2 rear windows left of the NON Canadian Window which I belive comes no wiper for a nice $849.67 List price
is that the mazdaspeed lexan version? I was thinking it was around that price...
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

Noooo thats the OEM glass not the lexan, you need a Mazdaspeed racing account to get the Lexan window from them. I belive Mike is working on seeing if he can get them, I have already tried from my dealership!
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

Check it out, I updated it again.

Wait until I can confirm all final costs before sending any money. I´d say by the end of the first week of September.

There are 10 guys plus donor which is great!!!
OSKY
95 MX-3 GS ZE Turbo: MSnS-extra, AEM WB, Blitz boost controller, MSD 6A w/ Blaster2 Coil, ZE disty, Redtops @ 550, Walbro 255, Garrett T3/T04E 60 Trim w/ .63 A/R, 38mm Deltagate Mark II @4psi, FMIC, Apexi BOV, CM Dual friction, 4-6.25 Kickers, 2ch Alpine V12. That's Alll.

http://www.pakfeifertuning.com
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

Wait for it....
OSKY
95 MX-3 GS ZE Turbo: MSnS-extra, AEM WB, Blitz boost controller, MSD 6A w/ Blaster2 Coil, ZE disty, Redtops @ 550, Walbro 255, Garrett T3/T04E 60 Trim w/ .63 A/R, 38mm Deltagate Mark II @4psi, FMIC, Apexi BOV, CM Dual friction, 4-6.25 Kickers, 2ch Alpine V12. That's Alll.

colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

I don't get it..... What you gettin at Oskar?
ImageImageImage
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

Just an 'ism on my part. A day or two more and I'll have some updates..
OSKY

shameem
Supporting Member

Post by shameem »

sorry for the threadjack
[offtopic] is it possible at all to modify the mold to to look like an FD hatch? I am cashtrated (financially castrated) so i may not be able to get in on this - but a man can dream ........ [/offtopic]
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

I second the FD hatch idea. He's referring to this thread.

http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.ph ... 20#p475720" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'd be in 110% if you could something like that to fit the mx3. If necessary, I could make arrangemtns to get my FD hatch to you.
92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
NSCRA 2009 FWD Drag Radial Finalist
HIN/NOPI Supershow Class Winner - Miami 2010 - Street-Sport Compact-Mazda
Links: Pretty Pic, GoFast Pic, Timeslip, Track Video
As of July 2011 the MX3 has been retired and sold.
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

WOW that looks very ugly on the MX3, the back end looks way to long. In other words... NO it will not look like the RX7 hatch... it is the OEM MX3 hatch end of story.
ImageImageImage
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

Honestly, I don't see what the point would be to make the FD hatch for a couple of reasons:

1: It doesn't fit

2: Its doesn't fit

If it didnt require further fabrication, then maybe it could be considered but what would be the point of making a part that doesnt fit?

Furthermore, the mold cannot be modified once it is made...

The CF hatches I'm making are lighter than the FD hatch by 40% easily.
OSKY

hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

Man, you guys missed the point totally.

Oscar:
I was seeing if you could make make the necessary modifications for it to fit the MX3, not just make an FD CF hatch. CF FD hatches are readily available from many suppliers. If there was enough support I was hoping you might be able to make a second mold for an FD style MX3 hatch and do another run.

I'm sure an MX3 CF hatch would be lighter than a metal FD hatch. :confused2: But an FD style CF hatch for the MX3 would weigh less than an oem style MX3 CF hatch. CF anything will be light, it's more about making the car look a little different and getting rid of the bubbly look of the car in the process.

Colins:
I know it won't look like an FD. That's not the point. The point was taking an opportunity to make the car look a little different and not like a giant bubble. At first I thought it looked a little weird, but it grew on me. And the FD hatch easily weighs half as much as the MX3 hatch because of all the glass. I say this from experience since I have both sitting in my garage.

If it's too much of a project for this bulk buy, no big deal. It was a shot in the dark that had a little support behind it. Maybe if a few more people show interest it will be worth someone's time to look into it.
92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I think properly modified, the FD hatch would look really cool on the MX3. And coming from me, the stock MX3 guru, that's saying something.

I could care less about the weight.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

As we were discussing in the other thread, the best option would probably be just to modify an MX3 hatch to accept FD glass. It would get the look of the FD hatch without the incredible amount of fab needed to turn an FD hatch into an MX3 hatch.
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

[quote="hppwdn"]Man, you guys missed the point totally.

Oscar:
If there was enough support I was hoping you might be able to make a second mold for an FD style MX3 hatch and do another run. quote]

Someone would have to make a complete metal finished hatch b4 a CF one could be made since they need a mould of it first! And I don't think ANYONE would step up to the plate to make a fully finished metal one with only 4 ppl interested.

NO MORE CLUTTER THIS IS THE CF BULK BUY THREAD! :love2:
ImageImageImage
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

Exactly... we don't need another scare to frighten this already fragile group :roll:
If you want to discuss another type of CF hatch BB keep it in the other thread!!

Those already signed up for this BB I'm assuming like how the mx-3 looks and don't want the hatch to be modified in any way.

to those considering... nothing has changed with this CF OEM mx-3 hatch BB and is still the same as in the first post!

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”