ganue (daughter and sons) 1993 MX-3 GS-SE

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Surgeonasst222
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: ganue (daughter and sons) 1993 MX-3 GS-SE

Post by Surgeonasst222 »

gahh

damage aleart!!!

you got a major rust problem my man and michigan is not the place to have that problem...

i will post picks on my rust problem, but i going to get mine fixed and it very localized. also like i said before it will only be a summer car as well, i don't feel like putting money into something that is just going to rot to crap from salt. that is what my new focus is for....

hate to see this SE like this... if you ever want some help with her PM i can get you my cell! as your the only other michigan person close to me i kinda want to keep in touch with ya while i am doing my build in case i need to pick your brain!

still a nice car thoe :(
Mazda3 2012 - my NEW DD :mrgreen:
Mazda MX-3 RS 1992 - my project
Ford Focus SE 2010 - sold
Ford Focus SE 2003 - sold

Mazda MX-3 RS 1994 - sold :(
ganue
Supporting Member

Post by ganue »

What are the build plans? I tried to fill in, in this worklog, what I did not see in other's blogs when we put the ZE in. Little things like repositioning the knock sensor wiring to align with the LHD wiring. Big things like a REAL LSD trans.

This car sat in mud in the "thumb" (if you are reading this and you aren't from Michigan - THAT may not make sense to you - haha) until I yanked it out and did the build. As far as rust, last winter was a non-event while this winter has been absolutely horrendous on moving pieces of metal so, yeah - shes starting to show her age. Goes like stink though - has a great heart and great lungs.

Life at the house is changing so there may be no teen to drive her anymore so we may be saying good bye very soon as we regroup the family "fleet".

Stay tuned.

She really owes us nothing. We'll miss her when she's gone.....
1993 GS SE - "slow" (Stock) - SOLD
1993 GS SE - "fast" (Curved neck KLZE, OBX headers, custom 2.5" exhaust, KL36 ECU, Exedy Probe GT clutch, KL36 LSD - the real one, Lantis Type R lefthand halfshaft - unfortunately worth mentioning)- SOLD

1993 GS SE - acquired 4/28/2013, SOLD February 28, 2015

1985 RX-7 GSL-SE - SOLD
2003 VW GTI 1.8T
2009 Mazda5 Grand Touring
ganue
Supporting Member

Post by ganue »

This car has been sold to another forum member!!!! Great person, the car has gone to a great user!!!!
1993 GS SE - "slow" (Stock) - SOLD
1993 GS SE - "fast" (Curved neck KLZE, OBX headers, custom 2.5" exhaust, KL36 ECU, Exedy Probe GT clutch, KL36 LSD - the real one, Lantis Type R lefthand halfshaft - unfortunately worth mentioning)- SOLD

1993 GS SE - acquired 4/28/2013, SOLD February 28, 2015

1985 RX-7 GSL-SE - SOLD
2003 VW GTI 1.8T
2009 Mazda5 Grand Touring

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”