easy no bake way to remove headlight grime.

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
kudkudniyog

Post by kudkudniyog »

mazdamx3sohc wrote:i think i just wanna buy some jdm glass lights.
Where can you get them? Do they look different?
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

There was a big discussion in another thread about glass headlights, about how they're illegal, imported from europe, and illuminate the wrong section of the road...

Someone did mention in that thread aftermarket plastic headlights (available in US?)

If I find that thread, I'll point it out... if someone else knows where it is, mind a link?
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

nothings illegal in florida lol, i been driving around straight pipe'n it.
kudkudniyog

Post by kudkudniyog »

mazdamx3sohc wrote:nothings illegal in florida lol, i been driving around straight pipe'n it.
FL, I think is not that strict re stuff on cars. I've lived here since 1996 and I think I've seen a lot from cars w/o mufflers that sound like a big lawnmower, smoke belching trucks and cars to cars that should not be on the road.

I maybe wrong though :wink:
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

mazdamx3sohc wrote:nothings illegal in florida lol, i been driving around straight pipe'n it.
I just think you havent gotten caught yet :P
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

nah, i am a smart a-- just about everytime around cops i rev it up pretty loud to see what they think, so far nothing. plus theres like monster trucks here that sound like open headers.
MazdaManiacMx3
Supporting Member

Post by MazdaManiacMx3 »

The cops not caring and something actually not caring are two completely different things... Why would you want to Drive around with no muffler anyways .. It's downright annoying if not to you then innocent bystanders.
There is a point where you must be considerate of others. I'm not trying to be a giant jerk , but just look at it this way , say you were trying to sleep because you had work the next morning and some kid with his 145db no exhuast car is driving up and down your road .. How would you feel ? My guess is that you would throw projectiles at his car ..

My point is Being stupid in the means of disturbing the neighborhood gives tuning a bad name ..
93 Kandy Tangerine Mx3 GS-DE
05 Saab 9-2x (Wrx power plant)
02 Subaru Impreza OBS
05 Subaru forester Xt - sti mods
04 dodge ram - toy hauler -FOR SALE
& Lots of Toys to haul :D
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

I would change the word "tuning" to "removing"

... there's not much tuning involved straight-piping it.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

you guys might as well get out of the friggin car business....you care about innocent bystandars, you should care about the ozone too getting poluted driving any type of car then...to me looks like your just trying to find something to complain about. and i dont give a crap about "innocent" people down here. every time i park my car in a parkinglot i come out of the store and it has new scratches on it. and yes superk straight pipe is part of tuning, just like test pipe is. gives it more horespower although i DO want a more silent muffler. sounds to me like you guys should stop tuning your cars....
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

and also hundreds on top of HUNDREDS! of people around here have loud cars, why should mine be the p.o.s. quiet one out of the bunch.
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

if everyone else is jumping off a bridge, why should you be the only one that doesn't?
listen, the least you can do is get a straight-through muffler like a glasspack or whatnot. In fact, the very very least you can do is get a little 30 dollar straight-through off of ebay. if you're looking for the performance increase, there you go. But it sounds to me like you're just trying to be noticed, wanting everyone else's attention. I don't understand where you get the idea that just because your car is quiet, it's a pos, but you look in these forums and you'll find many people that are trying to make their cars quiet. Do you think they're trying to turn their cars into a POS?

Tune your cars, but do so with respect to the law, respect to your fellow people. If your tuning is causing harm to someone else, you should consider your actions.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

well first of all having straight pipe was not my choice my exhaust fell apart and the cat was rotted, so the cheapest way for a temporary fix was to put on straight pipe, and if you can read i said that its too loud, i plan on going 2.5 header back high flow cat with a magnaflow, not because i want to respect the law and everything, im doing it for me. and having a bigger exhaust ( the ones that are usually loud) is the ones that give you more hp, thats why i wouldnt want a quit stock muffler. besides, stick to the topic ok? or i can have it closed.

Return to “Appearance”