Turbo MX3 mods - List yours

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

UPDATE!!! My car has been running for a couple weeks now...its been 2.5 years since I took it of the road. We've been boosting a STOCK B6T (small rods, not GTX) to 22-25psi for two weeks now. The only internal mods to the engine are ARP Head Studs and Web Cams...she is still holding putting down around 400WHP (it spins through 4th gear all the way to 7500RPM). My old ACT clutch setup was rated at 290lb/ft. and we were slipping it at 8psi. After removing it for replacement found the clutch was fine...we are just making that much power! Now with a SPEC setup including Alum. Flywheel it is holding...so far. Putting it on the dyno soon, putting new 245-50/16 rubber on the wheels today and the LSD shortly. If it wasn't for the initial lag I'd be snaping stuff left and right. I can't wait to put the race motor in...I'm bringing the compression up to 9:1 and the boost to 30-35psi. Currently the car is projected to be pulling low 11's faster if I had the LSD and work on my 60' times (haven't set the boost for gear specific yet). :twisted:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Post by nos92mx3 »

:D If the stock bottom end lets go (knocks on wood) you better post carnage pics of what you can find :D
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

03' WRB wrx Wagon - Current
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

Will do...if...it happens...lol. I've got Pauter Rods and Wiesco .20 over pistons sitting on the shelf w/ a Mazdaspeed High Volume oil pump, Cometic HP MLS Head Gasket, ARP Main Studs and about to order ACL Race Series Bearings in a couple weeks. I've got 2 complete B6T engines and possibly a thrid bottom end along with 2 Pro LX transmissions, 2 sets of axles and a Mazdaspeed LSD. Just put 245/50/16 Falken 512's on the front...we had to do some chopping to get them in and it raised the front end up 1". I'm going to put 245/50/16 Yokohamma AVS ES 100's on my other two rims later. Then I can switch between the two depending on taction needs (Falkens are UHP All Season, Yoko's are UHP Summer only).
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Post by nos92mx3 »

So youre saying that there is hope for my small rod bottom end?

:D
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

03' WRB wrx Wagon - Current
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

I'm looking at putting it on the dyno soon with the Haltech E6K and picking up a AEM EMS to replace the E6K. The place I'm going to dyno it is http://www.arfabrication.com That is also where I'm getting the AEM from. We are pretty darn sure the car is upwards of 400WHP and yes my motor is using the small rods (Capri XR2 B6T). My J-Spec engine in the building had the really beefy GTX rods (88-89 323 GTX). Its all about the tuning....keep your EGT's low and the engine will amaze you at what it will take! My car currently doesn't even break 1200*F at WOT even after repetative 3,4,5 gear runs WOT back to back (22-25psi of boost).
osargeant

Post by osargeant »

Hey any new turbo MX3 entries to the list? What about existing members that have changed their setup? What would be nice also is if members could post their best 1/4mile time along with their mods or maybe we should just start a new 1/4mile post for 2006.
JSpec Turbo MX3 (1.6 DOHC)
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/310985

Port and Polished Head, Ported Intake Manifold, Valve Job, GTX Manifold, Hybrid Turbo, Cone Filter, 2.5" Exhaust, 2.5" Downpipe, ACT Street Clutch, Lightened Flywheel, MSD 6A Ignition, Boost Retard and SS Coil, Magnecor Plug Wires, Denso Iridium Plugs, UR Lightened Pulley, Spearco FMIC, Turbo XS BOV & MBC, BEGI RRFPR, Supra Injectors, Walbro 255 Fuel Pump, Autometer Gauges, Pivot Shift Light
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

Well....proof of power to come....I'm scheduled to make 3 pulls on AR Fabrications Dyno, 03/38/06 at 4:45pm , in Winchester, Va. We are predicting 400WHP with the Test engine (Stock small rod B6T w/ ARP Head studs and Web Cams).
osargeant

Post by osargeant »

Good luck on the dyno run JWMotorsports, it is guys like you, Josh, Jarid and a couple others that inspire me to keep modding my turbo MX3.

Port and Polished Head, Ported Intake Manifold, Valve Job, GTX Manifold, Hybrid Turbo, Cone Filter, 2.5" Exhaust, 2.5" Downpipe, ACT Street Clutch, Lightened Flywheel, MSD 6A Ignition, Boost Retard and SS Coil, Magnecor Plug Wires, Denso Iridium Plugs, UR Lightened Pulley, Spearco FMIC, Turbo XS BOV & MBC, BEGI RRFPR, Supra Injectors, Walbro 255 Fuel Pump, Autometer Gauges, Pivot Shift Light
nolig2278

Post by nolig2278 »

BPT Jspec
BPT ECU and VAF
BPT Boost Controller
TurboXS Bypass Valve
2.5 Front Mount Intercooler
2.5 Exhaust Mandrel bent
BPT injecotrs
9 psi daily and occasionally 15 psi

Stock BPT setup with large piping kicks a-- and really can handle the fuel requirements. i just want to work on daily gas mileage a little and a speed sensor.
94 RS to BPT
2.5 FMIC
MicroSquirt
2.5 Exhaust
[url=https://gilon.levinsonltd.com/mx-3.html[/url]
osargeant

Post by osargeant »

Bump 8)

Question guys, what sort of boost levels are you running on your turbo setups, I am running around 10/11psi on mine currently.

Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

JWMotorsports wrote:I'm looking at putting it on the dyno soon with the Haltech E6K and picking up a AEM EMS to replace the E6K. The place I'm going to dyno it is http://www.arfabrication.com That is also where I'm getting the AEM from. We are pretty darn sure the car is upwards of 400WHP and yes my motor is using the small rods (Capri XR2 B6T). My J-Spec engine in the building had the really beefy GTX rods (88-89 323 GTX). Its all about the tuning....keep your EGT's low and the engine will amaze you at what it will take! My car currently doesn't even break 1200*F at WOT even after repetative 3,4,5 gear runs WOT back to back (22-25psi of boost).
Curious.. Where do you have your egt probe put in?
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

24-26psi most of the time for me. Some times 30psi ...still same stock b6t bottom end even after having put over 10,000 miles of torture to it!!! (I drive about 35mile each way to work everyday).
Minimonster

Post by Minimonster »

Months after I built Ma-Ze's car, It was distroyed in an unfortunate accident. I like the car so much that I dedided to build one for me. I will try to keep my list short and sweet.

BP head, built
BP block, Built
turbo kit with 67mmP-trim BB turbo, tial wg and bov 2.5 inch piping 31x3x12 i/c
1000 cc injectors on a custom rail
aeromotive regulator
TEC 3 R ecu
stock axles, LX trans
custom intake manifold
3 inch exhaust
EVC 4 boost controller
twin disk clutch and alumi flywheel

The goal is set for between 650 and 700 hp. so far it ran 12.7 at 10 psi on the stock bp long block and smaller none bb turbo. I still have not gauges in it yet and its not tuned at all. too dam busy with other people's projects.
Proud builder of
455 hp Miata 10.98@125mph
MX-3 RS 25 psi 451 hp
MX-6 F2T 12.8 @ 112 mph
(Current Project) A 700 hp MX-3 now at 475 hp
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

My mods

KLZE
T3 turbo (40 sumthing trim)
custum turbo plumbing
custum intercooler plumbing
intercooler of a saab
MSnS
HKS super sequential BOV
internal OEM wastegate
Millinina manifold and TB
280cc millinina injectors

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
osargeant

Post by osargeant »

Hi XxantwawnxX,

That is a pretty small turbo that you are running on the ZE engine, that turbo is more suited to 1600cc cars, you must be running out of power at high rpms. I would think a T3/T4 or pure T4 would be more suited to your application.

I am looking at changing to the T3 Super 60 sometime soon with my 1600cc MX3.

Return to “Forced Induction”