Mazdaspeed MX-3

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Well, i doubt ever that one existed, here's my reasoning

MazdaSpeed has no direct affilication to Mazda Motor Corporation until 1983, but even then, they were a seperate group of tuners, basically Mazda's racing division. They built and tuned cars specifically for racing. In 1992, they started making aftermarket parts and accessories. So upto this point, unless they made a Mx-3 for racing, there would be no official MazdaSpeed Mx-3, and would be a racing only vehicle, but they're making aftermarket components for them at this point.

In 1999, after the Mx-3 was discontinued everywhere, Mazda Motor Corporation took full control of MAZDASPEED, further developing the factory-supported and warranted parts program as well as launching a line of limited-production factory-built vehicles.

http://media.ford.com/mazda/article_dis ... e_id=15170
http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/display ... ory&bhcp=1

Even then, because MazdaSpeed wasn't really part of Mazda back-in-the-day, Mazda would have little-to-no-idea on a MazdaSpeed Mx-3, so trying to get information though them would be useless.
Last edited by Nd4SpdSe on August 18th, 2005, 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Famine

Post by Famine »

atlantamx3 wrote:What bugs me is that you keep posting back here with your useless findings like they are really a big deal after everyone here has told you the answer you are looking for.
I believe I've posted "findings" twice, in 6 pages. I'd scarcely call that "keep".

I have, on the other hand, kept replying to those who would wish to insult me, belittle me or dissuade me from my course, by simply restating my reasoning.

atlantamx3 wrote:Just because we are in North America doesnt mean that we dont know about what other models/options were available in other markets. If one Mazdapseed version was sold, this board would know about it. If 24 mazdaspeed versions were sold, this board would know about it.

Really?

I'd say "should", rather than "would". There's 5,495 active (1 post or more) MX-3 enthusiasts here. I'd expect one of them to know for sure whether it exists or does not. But whether or not I expect it, put simply, not one person yet replying to this thread has been able to show, without doubt that the car never existed. Though, as I cover below, that's not surprising given how hard it is, and given that no-one has yet looked in the right place (from the respondants here).

You should also note the limited number of respondants here. Why haven't many of the site's big hitters weighed in?

atlantamx3 wrote:Why come to an MX-3 forum for advice on your quest and then deny all of our knowledge?
On this matter, what knowledge?

It's "I'm not aware" and "I've never heard of...". The few people who have stated "NO" clearly have no actual information to work on, and are using that lack of information as a logical basis to deny existence. That isn't actually a logical argument. Absence of proof is not proof of absence.

You yourself have said that the sum-total of your investigations involved asking other people here. That means that the "meme" (unit of knowledge) hasn't changed, save for the fact that one person extra "knows" it - the same people have been answering the same question with the same answer and nothing new has actually been learned, rather that the existing information has been passed around. cjthon has, at least, introduced new information into that meme - in the form of two people who have positions which would allow them key information on the subject, one of whom is "adamant" that Mazdaspeed "never thought of" making a Mazdaspeed MX-3 - which directly contradicts your own information that clearly they DID think of it because of the picture up top - and the other says she is, similarly, "unaware". That didn't exactly fill me with confidence as far as definitives go.

This means that this meme is still stagnant - no-one knows for sure, but guesses on the side of the non-existence based on a couple of, without wishing to cause offence (as you've seen thus far on this forum, I have no wish to cause offence), flawed logical suppositions - that they have no evidence of the existence and that surely someone from a pool of people would know about it by now, even though they're working off the same information (it reminds me a little of the monkey/ladder puzzle - I'll elaborate if asked, though it's slightly off-topic). The third supposition is more accurate - that Mazdaspeed didn't go in-house until 1999 anyway. In fact I've already stated this myself. The MX-3 itself left production in 1998 - along with the NA model MX-5. Mazdaspeed DID produce a Mazdaspeed MX-5 variant of the NA. I wouldn't be hasty enough to say that this proves anything, because it doesn't. However it also means that Mazdaspeed's ownership at the time isn't proof against anything either.

As I've said, I agree entirely. I'd err on that side too. But until I can be absolutely sure - which means only the people who would have made it would know - I'm keeping my mind open. Open-ish. Perhaps.

So we're still at square one. A rumour I heard, but don't really believe, has yet to be shown to be incorrect. And, for some reason, some people are trying to put me off from finding out.

Ask yourself something. Wouldn't you just love to be wrong about this? I know I would.

*Incidentally, if I post in indigo, I apologise in advance. My usual font color is indigo, but my usual forum haunts are lighter in background than this. It's a force of habit and I'll edit it out if I spot it.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

If there's a MazdaSpeed Mx-3, than there would be the possibility of other MazdaSpeed's including MX-6, 626, 323, etc...there would a trend/pattern of around that era of other MazdaSpeed from cars that were not racing bred
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
Famine

Post by Famine »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:If there's a MazdaSpeed Mx-3, than there would be the possibility of other MazdaSpeed's including MX-6, 626, 323, etc...there would a trend/pattern of around that era of other MazdaSpeed from cars that were not racing bred
Now that's an incredibly good, constructive point.

Of course manufacturers aren't always the most logical folk out there.

Incidentally, I have heard of a Mazdaspeed MX-6, though from the looks of the car that claimed to be one, it was horse****. Had the JDM option of powered 4WS though (not that it's an indicator of anything, I just mention it in passing).
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Famine wrote:Incidentally, I have heard of a Mazdaspeed MX-6, though from the looks of the car that claimed to be one, it was horse****. Had the JDM option of powered 4WS though (not that it's an indicator of anything, I just mention it in passing).[/color][/b]
The 1st Gen Mx-6, 88-92 (as well and the 626 of the same platform) had the options for 4WS or ajustable suspension, neither of which my 626 has (the Mx-6/626 book was universal for both cars), so you may be mistaken it for that one.
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

I want the Mazdaspeed toothbrush pictured above.

Oh wait- there was never a Mazdaspeed toothbrush.... just like Mazda never sold a Mazdaspeed MX-3.
Last edited by atlantamx3 on August 18th, 2005, 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

Famine wrote:
You should also note the limited number of respondants here. Why haven't many of the site's big hitters weighed in?

Because they know its a damn waste of time and would say the exact same thing I am saying. Why repeat what others have said? Perry has already told that guy the right answer, I dont need to tell him....

I am at least nice enough to reply to you and give you the answer you are looking for, however, you seem to not want to hear it and are using big language to make you seem smart.
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

atlantamx3 wrote:
Famine wrote:

Because they know its a damn waste of time and would say the exact same thing I am saying. Why repeat what others have said? Perry has already told that guy the right answer, I dont need to tell him....
what he said. this thread is long for nothin. NO mazdaspeed mx-3 period.

http://www.histomobile.com/histomob/int ... /somm2.htm
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
Famine

Post by Famine »

atlantamx3 wrote:
Famine wrote:

I am at least nice enough to reply to you and give you the answer you are looking for, however, you seem to not want to hear it and are using big language to make you seem smart.
Oh dear. We've reverted to that again.

I will say again - and I'll keep it real simple for you. I do not believe the car existed. However I do not have any proof of this. Neither do you - you're merely using some very flawed logic to justify repeatedly having a go at me. Until such a time as I get an answer from the Far East, I am keeping an open mind.

What I'm looking for and want to hear is irrelevant. Though what I'm actually looking for is a definitive answer from people who actually KNOW rather than guessing. I don't care whether that answer is a defiinitive yes or a definitive no - I just want a clear answer. You are clearly not able to give it to me, because you're guessing and, I might add, repeating all the same arguments to form the basis of your guess that I have already stated and agreed with.

Incidentally, I'm using my normal language. Search a few forum sites for "Famine" and find the person that types in indigo. If plain, clear English seems to you like someone trying to make themselves "seem smart" then heaven help you.

wud u prfr it if i tipd lyk ths? No - you'd have a pop at me for being stupid. Oddly, I've never seen someone get a low flaming for good vocabulary before, but I guess, for some reason, I'm really getting to you for simply having an enquiring mind.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

A difinitive answer as to whether an actual MazdaSpeed MX3 actually existed, regardless if it was a factory or subsidiary produced creature. Hmmmm, I believe ... BELIEVE, that a difinitive may never come. Based on that belief, would I put on hold indefinitely, any future plans wrt upgades or mods so as to be vehicle / insurance inspected compliant. Only you can decide that. I always hold final decision for myself, who wouldn't. In light of the overwhelming evidence and statements provided, it seems abundantly clear that such a creature did not exist. There may have been stories, there may have been rumours, there may have been a preponderance of information that supports it, but I nor this BB has either seen or heard of it. Does this ultimately prove it did not exist - NO. But I revert to earlier in saying I BELIEVE to the contrary. That there was no such creature. They say there's no breathable oxygen in space, but not having been there will I simply dismiss it until I can physically or undeniably prove otherwise? If someone told me they saw Elvis alive would I hold onto that slightest possibility that it may be true - not this kid. I'd like to believe and trust in my fellow man to all extents possible and to that end, my fellow BB members have made this point very clear and very believeable - no such creature. I was to some degree, a "Doubting Thomas" once, but somewhere along the way I found a reason to believe and trust. Life is so much better this way. Good luck with your quest and I hope you don't have to wait too long.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

I posted a link to every car that existed..even in japan..mazdapeed mx-3 isn't there
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
Famine

Post by Famine »

babyblueMX3 wrote:I posted a link to every car that existed..even in japan..mazdapeed mx-3 isn't there
Yes, I read it. It's a fascinating place and a useful reference, thank you.

It is, however, shockingly vague on special editions - scarcely "every car that existed". Let us, for example, take two of my brother's last cars.

1999 Subaru Impreza RB5. Built, by Prodrive, for Subaru (to commemorate Richard Burns winning the world rally championship) and sold officially through Subaru dealerships, carrying Subaru warranties. Quick check - there's no 1999 Impreza on there. Well, it's the classic shape, as introduced in 1993, so let's click on that. Find the engine - yep, it's there... 2 litre, Boxer 4, 210hp. Hold up... 210hp? The RB5 shipped with 237hp... According to that site the only options were 210hp or 280hp (which roughly corresponds with EU market turbo and JDM turbo specs). I know that car existed, because I've driven it. Hmm. Let us move on then.

2004 Subaru Impreza WR1. Built, again by Prodrive, for Subaru (to commemorate Petter Solberg winning the world rally championship) and, again, sold officially through Subaru dealerships, carrying Subaru warranties. Quick check - 2003 Impreza only but, seeing as it's the same shape, that's just quibbling. Find the engine - there it is again, 2 litre, Boxer 4, 218 or 265hp. Hmm. Here we go again - the WR1 left the factory with 321hp, as did the JDM Spec C (with a kooky twin-scroll turbo). Both of these cars existed - been in one, seen the other, yet that site misses the engine off completely.

Now, it has to be said that these are both special edition cars and severely limited runs (444 of the RB5, 500 of the WR1), though the Spec C is a full production model. But isn't that what we're trying to find? A limited run JDM car?

Nonetheless, it's a good reference tool. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

(incidentally, their information on the Lotus Esprit S2 is incorrect and they overlap it with, but do not mention by name, the Lotus Esprit S2.2, nor do they cover the official JPS edition, but I digress. Suffice to say it's expansive, but not complete).

At this point, I feel I should reiterate, but emphasise:

I do not think the Mazdaspeed MX-3 existed.

Other than the weird guy who said they did, I've never thought they did - there's much which just doesn't lend itself to the car's existence (Mazdaspeed's non-factory alliance until after the car was discontinued and the fact no-one's ever heard of it being amongst the major ones). Nevertheless, I will. still endeavour to find out, either yes or no, from the people who, if they did, would have made it.

Why this is hard to grasp escapes me. I don't think they made it either, but I don't know for sure. It is apparent that no-one here (of those respondees) knows, for sure, either but are making exactly the same guesses I am to reason that it probably didn't.

Continually posting responses here to say things akin to "zOMfG! Car n0t made! lololol 1!!!11one!" will neither help nor hinder. If you don't like the thread, I'm not forcing you to read it or post in it. If you really don't like it, tell a moderator or administrator and stop bumping it to the top with your replies. In any case - reply or don't. Insult me or don't - there's not an awful lot which will stop me from pursuing my course, short of someone posting a reply direct from Mazda or Mazdaspeed themselves, from Japan, with a definitive answer.

Feel free to post ancilliary data, but I think we've established by now that no-one in North America or Europe has ever heard of or encountered a Mazdaspeed-branded MX-3.
bmwm3guy

Post by bmwm3guy »

this post could've been answered with one simple reply.

NO

If MazdaSpeed only joined Mazda in 1999 (after the MX3 was discontinued), I think it is safe to say that MazdaSpeed never sold an MX-3. MazdaSpeed would have been sued by Mazda for violating many many Intillectual Property rights that Mazda has over the MX3.

Sure there is no proof, thats because it NEVER EXISTED.

Next discussion: Was there ever a MazdaSpeed Pathfinder (you know.. those SUV trucks that nissan makes)?

I want PROOF

Dude... all sarcasm aside, you've gotten your answer by many many 'big hitter' posters from this forum who have been around their fair share.
Famine

Post by Famine »

bmwm3guy wrote:If MazdaSpeed only joined Mazda in 1999 (after the MX3 was discontinued), I think it is safe to say that MazdaSpeed never sold an MX-3. MazdaSpeed would have been sued by Mazda for violating many many Intillectual Property rights that Mazda has over the MX3.
Outsourcing. See Prodrive and Subaru. Also see the NA model Mazdaspeed MX-5 (or rather Eunos Roadster).
bmwm3guy wrote:Sure there is no proof, thats because it NEVER EXISTED.
That's a false syllogism. As I've quoted, repeatedly, "Absence of proof is not proof of absence".

I agree, nothing points to the car's existence. How many times must I state this? I've even posted it, underlined in font size 24.

bmwm3guy wrote:Next discussion: Was there ever a MazdaSpeed Pathfinder (you know.. those SUV trucks that nissan makes)?

I want PROOF
I'll ask them, if you'd like.
bmwm3guy wrote:Dude... all sarcasm aside, you've gotten your answer by many many 'big hitter' posters from this forum who have been around their fair share.
And, as I've said, repeatedly, I agree with their logic. Also, as I've said, repeatedly, their logic doesn't necessarily behove fact. Simple fact is, though everyone including me thinks the car didn't exist, no-one here can (as of yet) say for sure because no-one here (as of yet) actually knows for sure. No-one it seems, until cjthor in this thread, has bothered investigating outside this site. They've asked the people on this site, who've said "No. If there had have been, we'd know about it, wouldn't we?", and that has become the accepted line - exactly like the monkey/ladder analogy I drew earlier.

So, I apologise if I don't rely on accepted fact and wish to actually find out a definitive answer for myself. Clearly this upsets some people, though I'm unsure why.
mx almere

Post by mx almere »

I really like this thread. It is an excellent chance to brush up my english vocabulaire, but I do not think anyone else is getting much out of it.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”