Protege-mx-3 bumper buyers

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
maldo

Re: Protege-mx-3 bumper buyers

Post by maldo »

I will need to wait for a paycheck but I am in for sure. I have to pay tuition at the end of the month but I have a check coming shortly after that. I may be able to scrap some together off of my Visa(s) ;)
I_love_my_MX-3

Post by I_love_my_MX-3 »

I got a job now so I may be in on this soon. If not ill get it down the line.<P>I think some M# style sideskirts would look good. Nice and simple yo keep the simple lines of the front.
1992 MX-3 handed down to my sis :)
1992 MR-2 Turbo sold and missed :(
1995 Integra GS-R :)

EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

Hey Guys!<P> Sorry to keep you waiting on a reply, but I have alot of schoolwork to attend to. <P>So far I have received a commitment from the following:<BR> -Myself :D <BR> -Tim Dawson<BR> -Chris Malden<BR> -Michael Bracamonte<BR> -Hank Rode<BR> -Matt ???<BR> -Tiffany<P>That seven people, I need three more to start production of the mold.<P>Unfortunately, I don't know how to post a god damn pic from my email on the thread here, :D<P>Either way, what I thought of was why not design the first proposed drawing without any turn signal and the emblem in the middle.<P> this way, we get to custom design our own signal, be it from a Porsche or a Hyundai All Onderground-Design would do is cut a hole where we tell them too anywayz right? [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img] <P>That's all for now!<P>Until the weekend!
OSKY
95 MX-3 GS ZE Turbo: MSnS-extra, AEM WB, Blitz boost controller, MSD 6A w/ Blaster2 Coil, ZE disty, Redtops @ 550, Walbro 255, Garrett T3/T04E 60 Trim w/ .63 A/R, 38mm Deltagate Mark II @4psi, FMIC, Apexi BOV, CM Dual friction, 4-6.25 Kickers, 2ch Alpine V12. That's Alll.

http://www.pakfeifertuning.com
Shades

Post by Shades »

I don't know if this is helpful or not but...<P>Why don't the people who have paid take a vote on what picture they like and then go from there... Just my opinion...<P>I wish I could get in on this bumper... I hate money.
JoN - Ex-Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Apprentice
1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica

RACING BP fully built with Twin Scroll GT3071R TURBO @ +30psi - Specs and Pictures

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"
I_love_my_MX-3

Post by I_love_my_MX-3 »

I think the plain w/ no signals is the best idea. That way people can do what they think looks best. Good thinking.

cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by I_love_my_MX-3:<BR><STRONG>I think the plain w/ no signals is the best idea. That way people can do what they think looks best. Good thinking.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR> I dont want to have to deal with cutting into the bumper to fit lenses. I would rather just bolt it on.
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
2.5mx3

Post by 2.5mx3 »

I agree. I really don't want to have to do any major modding to get aftermarket lenses to fit, as much as I'd like to do something different. If something can be designed where the modification would be fairly simple, I might be a little more willing. But for $450USD, I want to be able to just bolt this thing on with no problems, ya know?! Just my 2 cents. :p <P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cjthor:<BR><STRONG><BR> I dont want to have to deal with cutting into the bumper to fit lenses. I would rather just bolt it on.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hank
'92 MX-3 ZE *SOLD*
'05 RX-8 Touring

--All those who wander are not lost-- JRR Tolkien
I_love_my_MX-3

Post by I_love_my_MX-3 »

:roll: just incorporate the stock turn signals in then. Side markers are ugly.

Post by Guest »

we already tried doing that and everyoe said it was ugly! they are curved so basically the only place they can go is where they where originally. If it where up to me we would just do it that way because in the end it will probablly look pretty good, keep in mind all we have is a photoshop representation of the bumper, the finished product will probably differ, so whats it going to be the original? I say we have 1 of 2 choices, everyone who is getting one, either gets it with the signal holes or no holes at all, so yo decide if you want something really custom then go to the trouble of molding in a different signal, if not just order it with the holes pre-done. So what im saying is say 3 people dont want holes, then 3 bumpers are made with no holes and 7 with, the only problem there i think is that the holes are in the mold arent they? so it might not work, i dont know just let me know what ya think of that.
patapouf

Post by patapouf »

I wish I had MONEY... this summer guaranteed!!<P>As for the blinkers, the Integra light would look really sweet; matches the lines of the bumper!

Post by Guest »

OK this is a question for onderground design, do you guys have an mx3 or the dimensions of the front end of an mx-3? my concern is ground clearence, will you have ome sort of reference to make sure it not too long on the bottom, im sure you do its just something i was thinking about":P anyways looking forward to seeing the finished product!<P>Tim Dawson

Post by Guest »

ok i did another little pic using the signal, it gives ya a better i dea of how it will look, i put in backards on purpose cause i think it might fit the curve better, not positive though so it might not have to be that way, another plus to be backwards is the part that lights up is pointing towards the front, anyways just an idea!<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/sureshot2012/blinker" TARGET=_blank>BLINKER IDEA</A>

Post by Guest »

sorry us this one<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/sureshot2012/blinker.jpg" TARGET=_blank>BLINKER IDEA</A>

Post by Guest »

ok im retarded, i just read the geocities thing and it said you cant link pics to message boards and s---, sorry about the dead links, go here and it better f---in work <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/sureshot2012/index.htm" TARGET=_blank>web page</A>

Post by Guest »

I dont know why this shi* has to be so complicated, its just a damn blinker. The first pic is the best, right above the fog light, just tell Onderground to stick it there and move on with it so we can get our shi* started. At this rate we'll be getting the damn things for Christmas presents.

Return to “Appearance”