Poll: What do you guys do for a living?

Off-Topic Discussions
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

There are people I have worked with for almost 20 years and they still don't know exactly what I do. Basically I fix other peoples technical issues both internally and externally. At least I don't disappear at lunch and re-appear at the office 4 or 5 weeks later anymore. 8 years of Jet lag was a killer.

On the side I design aftermarket autoparts for various individuals and companies. I also do T & E's for many others before they decide to put a part or accessory on the market. I've never been directly employed in the automotive industries although I have had many companies have made me offers.
Typhoonk

Post by Typhoonk »

I went throught school to be a microsoft certified professional - but just got stuck in call centres and not hands on types of jobs. Not who I am.

So I jumped out of it after spending all that money on all those useless certifications and peices of paper and swapped it for one peice of paper - the ontario AEAT cert.

Now I work at FutureShop in ontario (like the other guy on here) as a Automotive Accessory installer. Mainly working on college students cars and trucks - but I get the odd job where I get my hands dirty with fibre glass and all that sweet stuff.

I'm a younger guy but I still got some tricks up my sleave and more to come..........
-------------------------------------------------------
Got to sell one of my cars to cover the bills
2002 Mazda Protege 5 - Manual, Blue colour fully loaded
PM for info
sinhron

Post by sinhron »

In the last year, I worked as a computer technician, Wash Bay Lead Hand,Parts Person, Plumber Helper/Apprentice. As of now I am a self employed computer tech. which pays very little, and I need to get a job out @ tar sand mines, so I can afford that waste of money called Rent ;)
Or get a woman with a Syncrude Job
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

for the last year and a half ive been an apprenticing automotive mechanic :D
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
Fergy_97

Post by Fergy_97 »

I'm a student, and I have a part time job delivering pizza in my mx. :)
93 GS SE Mazda MX-3
mindy2627

Post by mindy2627 »

I am a photographer...of all things Sexy or atleast that can be made sexy with Photoshop
precidian

Post by precidian »

used to have a job... until I was layed off. I also do some freelace work. Photography from people to motorsports and even some graphics(incl. web design, graphic, vinyl graphics, etc.)
Tom S. - '94 MX-3 GS-X Sparkle Green

I say, Ahmed. What is that thing you do when you're about to assassinate an infidel?
Bochek

Post by Bochek »

work @ canadian tire.

Bicycle mechanic / assembler.

make a whopping 7.90 a hour

yay!?

Bochek
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

I used to do Frech tech support for Microsoft consumer products (Windows 98-XP, Office, Games, Keyboards and Mice and Networking products) . I did it for over a year until i got laid off in February for 3 weeks...fortunately the hiring agency was able to transfer me to the Microsoft Exchange support, in which I have no background or prior knowledge in Exchange or Active Directory. I'm currently in the 4th week of 6 for training..it's rough but I'm managing.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Meep

Post by Meep »

Primary job is key lab technician/sales associate for a camera store. In the past month and a half, I also worked for a flower shop. I also do some photoshoots on the side. In addition, I'm looking to start a new job in 2 weeks with another company.
Legato626

Post by Legato626 »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:I used to do Frech tech support for Microsoft consumer products (Windows 98-XP, Office, Games, Keyboards and Mice and Networking products) . I did it for over a year until i got laid off in February for 3 weeks...fortunately the hiring agency was able to transfer me to the Microsoft Exchange support, in which I have no background or prior knowledge in Exchange or Active Directory. I'm currently in the 4th week of 6 for training..it's rough but I'm managing.
Was with you on that one screw microsoft but hell I had a CRAP LOAD OF FUN IN GAMES SUPPORT!! worked for them for 2 years till they pulled out to.

But right now IF anyone has a program called zone alarm its a firewall. I would be one of the people that you might get a hold of when you call us. :lol:
1994 toyota supra single turbo
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

If god owned a car... It would be a supra!!!
Macen

Post by Macen »

I work as field tester for Vodafone Sweden. Drive a 2006 Saab 9-5 2.3T SW with lots of GSM/WCDMA test units in. 220hp. Nice car to drive for long distances. :)
Black '93 GS-RL KL-DE
White '95 RX-7 Type R Bathurst
http://macen.nullnet.com
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

pelado wrote:I'm an instructor at a nuclear power plant.
You must know Homer Simpson?
ovendenk wrote:no job right now because of school. 4th year mechanical engineering at ottawa university. will be working in kamloops for the summer as an engineering coop student.
Don't get conned like the rest of the summer co-op students and doing the annual - "Let's suspend a VW beetle from the bridge project" in Vancouver. Every year it's the same thing.
mindy2627 wrote:I am a photographer...of all things Sexy or atleast that can be made sexy with Photoshop
:shock: :oops:
Macen wrote:I work as field tester for Vodafone Sweden. Drive a 2006 Saab 9-5 2.3T SW with lots of GSM/WCDMA test units in. 220hp. Nice car to drive for long distances. :)
Can you hear me now?.............

Can you hear me now?.............................

LOL, sorry, TV ad joke ......................well it is!!!!, or was.
Last edited by jschrauwen on March 20th, 2006, 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I live off of a small residual income of a company that I started. We made Yoga meditation products (videos, books, etc....) Had a 4 year vacation in Hawai'i, but got bored. Now I'm making pipe organs with a friend in Portland, OR. I've probably had the strangest jobs of anyone (Bike taxi, Fire juggler, Guinnea pig......).
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
happyclown

Post by happyclown »

Can you hear me now?.............
:lol: :lol: :lol:
http://www.compfused.com/directlink/950/ :wink:
1993 RS Teal

Return to “Off-Topic”