Favorite cars ?

Other - General Mazda Discussions
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Favorite cars eh.. 67 Nova SS 327 / 6 speed vette MTX. 4:11 gears in the back.. 150 shot of NOS.. make it bahama blue with a nice silver metalflake with sliver & blue GT Stripes.. That would be sweet.. 66 olds 442 convertible.. nuff said. And to round things out.. one of those newer cars thats not even on the market yet that runs on Hydrogen.. just so I would have a daily driver that I could use to stick it to the big oil conglomerates :D

Tunes67
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Favorite cars eh.. 67 Nova SS 327 / 6 speed vette MTX. 4:11 gears in the back.. 150 shot of NOS.. make it bahama blue with a nice silver metalflake with sliver & blue GT Stripes.. That would be sweet.. 66 olds 442 convertible.. nuff said. And to round things out.. one of those newer cars thats not even on the market yet that runs on Hydrogen.. just so I would have a daily driver that I could use to stick it to the big oil conglomerates :D

Tunes67
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

The last year that the Triumph GT6 came out 73 I think. Very low, very light, very sleek, very fast, very affordable. I settled for a 69 MG Midget instead, couldn't quite afford the GT6+. Kicked myself in the a-- years later when they stopped making them.

http://www.triumphspitfire.com/images/cars/dcole.jpg
Last edited by jschrauwen on March 6th, 2005, 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
matt_fulghum

Post by matt_fulghum »

the Tzero is soooo kewl

what's the 0-60 on it again? 4.1 seconds or something?

Ever see the eCycle (not exactly a car)? http://www.ecycle.com/powersports/hybrid.htm
xNeuspeedx

Post by xNeuspeedx »

Aside from the MX-3, I only have one other favorite car: Mitsubishi 3000GT Twin Turbo...now there's a car that goes VRROOOM. :2thumbsup:
One for me, one for dirt lickers.
prototype

Post by prototype »

RX7. Don't care what year, but mainly the 95 ish style...
Supra!!!
And for christs sake.... I want a SRT-4 neon...
I mean, 20k and it gooooeeesss. plus it's cute. Can't go wrong with it...

But yah mainly I want the rx7. Someday I will have it....
snellgrove

Post by snellgrove »

I must say, I really *really* like the Mazda MX-6

a real candidate for my next car really, same silky smooth V6, but a 2.5 litre which pumps out around 170bhp iirc, and if you can keep the traction there, lol.. it'll do 0-60 in 7.4 :shock: not bad for an overweight car (around 1250kgs lol)

and they look, absolutely gorgeous IMO!! love the way they look, theyre somewhat weird looking just like the MX-3, very curvy and real nice 8) brilliant styling IMO!!
1997, Silver, V6
mazdubber

Post by mazdubber »

snellgrove wrote:I must say, I really *really* like the Mazda MX-6

a real candidate for my next car really, same silky smooth V6, but a 2.5 litre which pumps out around 170bhp iirc, and if you can keep the traction there, lol.. it'll do 0-60 in 7.4 :shock: not bad for an overweight car (around 1250kgs lol)

and they look, absolutely gorgeous IMO!! love the way they look, theyre somewhat weird looking just like the MX-3, very curvy and real nice 8) brilliant styling IMO!!
Just keep the mx3 and drop that 2.5 in! Or move up to the ZE! :P
92 GS
'Stock'... :twisted:
matt_fulghum

Post by matt_fulghum »

or get a 323 GTR.... and kick a KLZE's a-- :P
snellgrove

Post by snellgrove »

ahhhhh but you gotta admit, the MX-6 is a beautiful lookin' car - I certainly think so!

the ol' 323 GTA or whatever, they're very cool 8) boxy, old skool Jap niceness!

but I do love the styling on the MX-3 and 6.. not so much the 5, roadsters aint my cuppa tea.. prefer the Coupe look.. very sleek, and the driving position :shock: its just,, like...totally amazing isn't it!!

I enjoy every minute of my MX-3, its so reclined.. and low.. and just, amazing ! what a position to drive, it really is.. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh I love it :oops: :lol:
1997, Silver, V6
Thunderstorm

Post by Thunderstorm »

Funny you should mention the MX-6.
That was my first choice of next car to replace my aging 160hp DOHC PGM-Fi Honda Accord (circa 1988) :shock:

While looking at pictures of this beautiful car and dreaming, I came across the Mazda 323 (Flying Saucer on wheels) and subsequently the MX-3!
The only thing that put me off the MX-6 was UK Insurance for a 2.5i V6 engined sports car that could definitely give a standard Porsche a run for it's money. It was Group 17! Gadzooks!!

So crest-fallen, down I went to the MX-3 - for practicality & economy, cuteness, good looks, that squat wide flat shape, those bug eyes, that pilots reclining cockpit, those ....oh, so, sexy curves.....<drool!> :shock:

Enuff said. :lol:
1998 MX-3 RS 1.6i DOHC "Blackbird". Totally Stock.

The 21st Century is a con; where is my Hovercar?!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2058708
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

I wished they had of put a GT6 motor in my '72 Spitfire because it was sooo slow ... at 50 mph it sounded like it was about to blow up ... LOL ... well eventually it did ... LOL
New owner of a "2008 Tiburon GT"
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

mymx.3 wrote:I wished they had of put a GT6 motor in my '72 Spitfire because it was sooo slow ... at 50 mph it sounded like it was about to blow up ... LOL ... well eventually it did ... LOL
'72 Spitfire, I'm impressed. Only had my MG Midget for about 1 year before trading it in for a Fiat X19.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

After the knocking noise came in the Triumph's motor I traded it in for a '73 Mazda 808 Coupe ... after that I always wanted another Mazda .. red too!
New owner of a "2008 Tiburon GT"
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

mymx.3 wrote:After the knocking noise came in the Triumph's motor I traded it in for a '73 Mazda 808 Coupe ... after that I always wanted another Mazda .. red too!
Sounds like you've had the "Sporting" bug for quite some time. Something I think I'll always have.

Was it something like this;
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... otohosting
or
http://forums.mazdaworld.org/index.php?showtopic=4738

Return to “General Mazda”