Offical Spyder MX3 Halo Projector headlight (Black / Chrome)

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Re: Offical Spyder MX3 Halo Projector headlight (Black / Chrome)

Post by fowljesse »

MX-3zoom wrote:sooo i got a really non-smart question. there's two light set up's in the lamp. wats the second one for? can ya run two hid set up's? :oops: :dunno:
The inner lights are the High beams. I don't know if you can run HID in them.
I got my 2nd set of lights a few days ago, and am looking forward to putting them in!
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

UPS tracking says my lights are "Out for Delivery"

sooo stoked.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Meade

Post by Meade »

YESSSS i got my lights!!!!! LOL so it looks like i didnt have to rush to get home. the bastards didnt even knock on my door. they arrived at 10:45 without me knowing. they put my lights on the porch and left........ it freaked me out. i checked online to see what was going on and ups.com said that my package was delivered. i freaked out.....
MX-3zoom

Post by MX-3zoom »

fowljesse wrote:
MX-3zoom wrote:sooo i got a really non-smart question. there's two light set up's in the lamp. wats the second one for? can ya run two hid set up's? :oops: :dunno:
The inner lights are the High beams. I don't know if you can run HID in them.
I got my 2nd set of lights a few days ago, and am looking forward to putting them in!
oooo... i got hid's now, and im gettin my projectors on ebay, dual halo black. you cant use hid in em??? i-i-i cant go back to stock head lights..... :crying:
[What can you say, I have a fetish for 3's]
mikeetown wrote: Do what you want to do dude cause in the end, your mx-3 is all about you.
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

MX-3zoom wrote:oooo... i got hid's now, and im gettin my projectors on ebay, dual halo black. you cant use hid in em??? i-i-i cant go back to stock head lights..... :crying:
Yes you can get HID kits for highbeams but there is really no point since you don't use them that offten... Stick with HIDs in the projectors and they will make a world of difference.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Just got mine, packaged real well. Did someone say to caulk the lights to insure water ingress dosen't happen. Mine seem to be sealed faily well but there are a few inconsistant spots.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

:love:
got mah lights!
Shipoopi!
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

Regardless of WHO's lights you get I highlly recommend them if you drive at night!!! It was 10 C out this evening so I figured I would take my car out of the garage and test them out, Although it was only for about 40 min they are a world of difference and I have no HID's!!
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Daninski wrote:Just got mine, packaged real well. Did someone say to caulk the lights to insure water ingress dosen't happen. Mine seem to be sealed faily well but there are a few inconsistant spots.
In my opinion, and experience, you don't need to silicone them. I live in rain, and fog.
They are sealed well, and if you put in HIDs according to my write-up, they'll still be sealed just as well. I haven't had any fog inside the lights.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Sh*t man my gold fish were conunting on leakage. Back to the aquarium for them.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I are with the headlight.

Scookum.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Mazdaspeed96743

Post by Mazdaspeed96743 »

I like the color of the 6000K. I didin't adjust the beams yet.. Noone flashed my yet so I guess im alright. Seems okay to me thats why. I like how it reflects signs especially the white speed limit signs. I could even see someone jogging on the side of the road, it reflects their shoes. Muuuch better than my stock lights. At least I can see where im going in fog and rain worked well. But yeah, Shall we start a projector pic thread when everyone installs their projectors? :)
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

Well, so I got antzy and installed my lights. The stock aiming was pretty far off.... the lights looked like the guy's from greece. I aimed them a lot, and they look ok. But, one of the LED's doesn't work... when I jiggle it, it will come on. So I took it out, and the LED wiring was all messed up, looked like someone just litterally shoved it in there... But I love the look. Maybe I can get a new LED.... or something!
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

Get your lights
Put them in
Take some pics
Go here:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=69030" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Post them up.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
Mazdaspeed96743

Post by Mazdaspeed96743 »

BuGS wrote:Well, so I got antzy and installed my lights. The stock aiming was pretty far off.... the lights looked like the guy's from greece. I aimed them a lot, and they look ok. But, one of the LED's doesn't work... when I jiggle it, it will come on. So I took it out, and the LED wiring was all messed up, looked like someone just litterally shoved it in there... But I love the look. Maybe I can get a new LED.... or something!
Yeah same here about the leds.

Return to “Appearance”