Failed Lambo door group buy...

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
magiccowinuse

Post by magiccowinuse »

may as well dispute through paypal and try to get what ever money u can...we probably wont get anything anyways so might as well get something.
1994 1.6L White MX-3 - Daily Driver
1995 Red MX-3 -Project
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

magiccowinuse wrote:may as well dispute through paypal and try to get what ever money u can...we probably wont get anything anyways so might as well get something.
I would reccomend against this only because if you open a dispute nobody gets their stuff.
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
OROutdoors
Supporting Member

Post by OROutdoors »

HINGE KIT RECEIVED

Hi. I thought that I'd let everyone know that I received a partial kit today. As far as I can tell, it has the hinges, the mounting plates and the arms. They were packed in newspaper and a cardboard box., which was taped a lot. The areas of the box with the tape were pretty sturdy. The areas without the tape were rather beaten up. I didn't fully unpack the items, which I will do tonight, take some pics and post them.

Not included: instructions, wires, shocks, mx-3.

Man, am I ever disappointed -- I thought the kits included a free car.

Now, I just need to find some shocks...
Oregon Outdoors
92 mx-3 GS lowered, CF hood
2013 Mazdaspeed3
93_4Banger

Post by 93_4Banger »

ya let me know about the shocks im going to try and find some aftermarket shocks when mine shoes up because i know down right hes not gunna send those.
OROutdoors
Supporting Member

Post by OROutdoors »

93_4Banger wrote:ya let me know about the shocks im going to try and find some aftermarket shocks when mine shoes up because i know down right hes not gunna send those.
What!?!?!?!?!??? But you're a Canadian. I thought he gave bad service just to us Yanks.

:lol:
Oregon Outdoors
2013 Mazdaspeed3
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Ok.. I might be able to help you guys out here. Recently one of my machines here at work needed new struts. When I ran the manufacturer.. I discovered that they make "Gas Springs" as they call them.. or struts.. same kind of thing we use on our hatchbacks. They were VERY reasonably priced for our application at only $50 shipped for the 2 struts we needed. So.. with out further delay.. here is the website link to their company.

http://www.guden.com/

You will likely need to do a bit of research there.. might even have to call the company direct and tell them what your needs are.. but they do mention that they do custom work.. ;) Hope this helps you guys.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
93_4Banger

Post by 93_4Banger »

i havent receieved my kit yet im just saying thats whats gunna happen.
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

93_4Banger wrote:i havent receieved my kit yet im just saying thats whats gunna happen.
I think you were second to last to pay so you will get your kit second to last as kyle previously stated.
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
93_4Banger

Post by 93_4Banger »

yep thanx jarid i wasnt complaining what soever when ever it gets here it gets here probably wont be till the new year by the speed hes going.
OROutdoors
Supporting Member

Post by OROutdoors »

Suggestion for packing hinges.

I received my hinges and the newspaper that they had been packed in were shredded and much of it had turned to dust. The hinges had considerable dings, scrapes, etc. So, here is my suggestion on packing hinges for better transportation.

Have you ever used "Great Stuff" -- polyurethane insulating foam sealant? It is, well, great stuff -- light weight and durable. If I we to pack these hinges, I'd get a box, line it with Saran Wrap or other flexible plastic sheeting, squirt some foam on the bottom of the box. I'd let it set a bit to expand fully. Let it set more until it gets somewhat firm, then put another sheet of wrap over the foam, and smooth it out. Then press one piece of the hinges onto the wrap, cover the hinge with another piece of wrap, and squirt some more foam on there, smooth it out, etc, etc.

This would make a nice custom fitted foam case for the heavy metal, and thereby immobilize the pieces. As long as the sheets of wrap completely cover the foam, then the different layers of foam should be able to separate fairly easily, and keep the foam off the hinges. Of course, run a test box first to make certain the foam doesn't disolve the plastic sheeting, and to find out how long the foam needs to firm up before putting the metal on it -- wait too long, and it'll be too hard, wait too little and the foam will just squish away.
Oregon Outdoors
2013 Mazdaspeed3
OROutdoors
Supporting Member

Post by OROutdoors »

Tunes67 wrote:Ok.. I might be able to help you guys out here. ... here is the website link to their company.

http://www.guden.com/

Tunes67
Tunes, You are awesome. I checked out their site. They have a lot of great info and products at their web site, including locking gas springs (locks in the extended position), and rubber boots for the ball hinge ends. The rubber boots look great in addition to protecting the ball joints form dust and water.
Oregon Outdoors
2013 Mazdaspeed3
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Their prices are very reasonable too. I checked at napa for rear hatch struts for our cars and were told they would be $80+ EACH :shock: I havent ordered the hatch struts from Guden yet.. but I bet they would be 1/2 that or less. I was impressed with their products and service too. Hey when you find a good thing.. share it :)

Tunes
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

I have emailed kyle yet again to get tracking numbers on the kits he said he was shipping out at the end of last week and to also get specs on the struts for these kits...no response of course. I would say screw it and have everyone....and I mean EVERYONE open paypal disputes since none of us have a complete kit....However if we do this i can GUARANTEE nobody will get anything else...and with no contact number, or address I cant find them. OROUTDOORS and everyone else who got kits please email me the return address on your kits.
JP
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
93_4Banger

Post by 93_4Banger »

i say you guys can say screw it after everyone gets there hinges at least because i dont even have that yet if you guys open disputes now ill receive nothing and you guys will have hinges
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

I emailed kyle again today and asked why no progress has been made in over two weeks. I also told him people were thinking of reopening paypal disputes until "complete" kits were received by all members. After not hearing from him in over a week I bet money that I hear from him in less than 24 hours....
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)

Return to “Appearance”