Sam's 1.6 MX-3- LT Turbo project.

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
WestcoastSpeeder
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Sam's 1.6 MX-3- LT Turbo project.

Post by WestcoastSpeeder »

where did you but the mirrors and was it easy to install?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
youdirtyfox
antispam: No

Post by youdirtyfox »

ebay, and yes screw straight up and just a few wires to the fender indicator for the mirror flasher and to the control unit to make the mirrors move up and down left and right.
youdirtyfox

Post by youdirtyfox »

Had a nice delivery from Oz. this morning, my adjustable wastegate bracket>
fits like a charm! Just the downpipe to make now and some more purchases, ie clutch and injectors and the kit is pretty much all there!

Had a quote for mapping the AEM piggyback of just under £400, so that's another expense to be factor in to the conversion, will be seriously looking into a street tune though using the laptop maybe depending on how difficult it looks to do.

mx3matt

Post by mx3matt »

those brocks are a great look, but holy positive camber batman!!!!
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Oh weird, so they do have signals but only from the rear view? Would you plz post a picture from that angle? :D
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
youdirtyfox

Post by youdirtyfox »

mx3matt wrote:those brocks are a great look, but holy positive camber batman!!!!
Thanks, but positive camber, what?!?!

@ Mrmazda like this:
http://www.mamotorworks.com/corvette-c5 ... -7125.html
mx3matt

Post by mx3matt »

youdirtyfox wrote:
mx3matt wrote:those brocks are a great look, but holy positive camber batman!!!!
Thanks, but positive camber, what?!?!

@ Mrmazda like this:
http://www.mamotorworks.com/corvette-c5 ... -7125.html

yay i just looked again and the poke made it look postive, looking closer that sheit is just about perfect lol.
youdirtyfox

Post by youdirtyfox »

Haha I knew would see it eventually. Im going to stick with the 215/40's and add just a flick of negative camber just so that tread
pattern tucks under the arch and with another -10mm off the coilovers I think she will be there :D

Tires are coming off the weekend then the wheels can be prepped for some refurb edges and paint!
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Damn, I like this mirrors... I'm honestly thinking about getting a set of them now.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

You saw them on my car.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
youdirtyfox

Post by youdirtyfox »

3SGE 315cc Toyota MR2 pink top injectors bought. Part no. 23250-74080.
Will want them to go for an ultrasonic clean before installing though. They are plug & play on the Miata, so here's hoping!

fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Fingers crossed for ya!
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

fowljesse wrote:You saw them on my car.
I totally thought they were different :o I'll have to look closer when I see you again Jesse.
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Sam they should be plug and play since your car is B6DE you should already have oval injector plugs. Worse case is swapping the injector plugs :)
youdirtyfox

Post by youdirtyfox »

Had not seen your reply Josh as I didn't get a notification weirdly. Injectors have oval plug sockets so its all good :)

Pretty much decided on the downpipe flange now, just waitng for them to come into stock again.

Plan is to weld a plate over the oval hole, then ovalised one end of a 180 degree 2.5" pipe, then cut that exact oval shape out of the plate.
Although I think these type are made to take a 3" transition pipe ( oval to round in a very short distance)
Could do that but then it would need a cone reducer (which I have made just for the fun of it) down to 2.5"
which might push out the distance too much...

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”