[FS] SRD Reproduction Parts - Crossmember, Tie Bar & E-Brake

New product ideas and status of new product development postings.
Nd4SpdSe

Re: [GI] Aluminum Crossmember & Rear Tie Bar - SRD Reproduction

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Your RS doesn't have it. I'm not sure about fitament, but what I believe is missing would be the nuts welded inside the frame.

2 - Transverse (cross) member
3 - Engine mount member

http://www.mx-3.com/manuals/photo.php?f ... B2-047.gif
Last edited by Nd4SpdSe on November 6th, 2008, 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

That tie bar looks good. I will buy one.

As for the turbo pipes confusion.. Like I stated before earlier in this post, I have no idea what you guys are talking about. This crossmember goes from the drivers side if the car to the passenger side. Simply for frame strength as it ties the driver side and passenger side frame together. The actual motor crossmember goes from the front of the car the back and THAT is what needs to be modded for a turbo setup. This crossmember has nothing to do with it nor would it be a good idea to make one of aluminum as it would not be strong enough to basically carry your entire motor and tranny (as the front and rear mounts are mounted to the crossmember).
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

On th RS models, could they put a bolt through with a nut?
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Wouldn't the nut have to be inside the frame? I don't know if it could be done. What you could do is weld a 3/8" plate over the holes and drill and tap to receive the bolts for the cross member.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

wytbishop wrote:Wouldn't the nut have to be inside the frame? I don't know if it could be done.
yes or you would have to swap a GS subframe...
mx3boyze

Post by mx3boyze »

Has there been any mention of a price on these?
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Not yet...last I asked him he said $5 Million, lol. Not sure how he'll figure it out.

One thing I'll mention is that I'll need someone to test out the parts. I'd like to do a fitament test and a driving test but as you guys probably know my car is off the road. I could do a fitament test just to make sure, but I want to make sure everything is A-OK before the batch gets started.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

any update on this? Its been a while...
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:Not yet...last I asked him he said $5 Million, lol. Not sure how he'll figure it out.

One thing I'll mention is that I'll need someone to test out the parts. I'd like to do a fitament test and a driving test but as you guys probably know my car is off the road. I could do a fitament test just to make sure, but I want to make sure everything is A-OK before the batch gets started.
I'll test 'em!
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

fowljesse wrote:I'll test 'em!
Honestly, you were in the top of my list of people who I was thinking would take them for a test fit and run.

Sorry guys, I'm still working on the road, I have yet to even see them in person myself. As for the parts, I'm not sure how that's going to work out since he was reproducing those off of company time, so he's not sure about making a batch of them, but he knows, i've told him there'll be quite a few interested, and even Colin wanted a set, so I'm sure we'll get something arranged, I just have my hands tied. I do NEED to head up that way next weekend to get my winter tires, so I should be able to get them from him then and go from there.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

:) :shock: :D :o :2thumbsup:

I drive like I'm racing every day, so they'd get a workout! Plus, Jarid has the thing in his phone that measures g-force. The NWMX crew can do before and after runs. If I could get those, my suspension upgrade would be complete! I was going to make them out of steel, but if these get going, that would be the greatest.
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

Somehow I just came across this post, but I should be in for both pieces as long as price is within reason.
92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
NSCRA 2009 FWD Drag Radial Finalist
HIN/NOPI Supershow Class Winner - Miami 2010 - Street-Sport Compact-Mazda
Links: Pretty Pic, GoFast Pic, Timeslip, Track Video
As of July 2011 the MX3 has been retired and sold.
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

fowljesse wrote:Plus, Jarid has the thing in his phone that measures g-force.
Sorry OT. Just wondering, is that Dynolicious on the IPhone? I've got it on my IPod touch, good fun :) Apparently more accurate than Gtech...? It's all relative anyway, means I can tell improvements with it at least!
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Sorry for the lack of updates, been busy too since I've been home....doesn't help when you've been gone for pretty much 3 months, and I'm guilty of spending alot of time with the g/f, plus add in the holidays. Things should be caught up and I'll be back into a routine Monday, and working locally. I still need to ship the reproductions to Fowljesse, but in terms of price, he's looking at C$200 for the crossmember and C$100 for the tie bar
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I'm looking forward to a methodical scientific metallurgic test in A Wal-mart parking lot.

:o

I'm going to set up a circular "Skid pad", slalom, and whatever else I can think of, and try to borrow some kind of device to record G-forces.
Mostly, I'll just try to pay attention to when I skid out.
Hopefully, there will be video.
I can't wait!
:D

Return to “New Product Development”