Automatic Seatbelts - Help

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
Demonic1

Re: Automatic Seatbelts - Help

Post by Demonic1 »

Belts were installed yesterday, worked until I got to the gas station.
It refused to move forward (better stuck back anyway). No noise or anything. The passenger side worked fine.
Called the stealership and told them, took it back in today.
They had it for 3 more hours and told me it was a fuse issue. (don't both sides use one fuse?)
It works again.
Wings on an MX3? What are you thinking?

92 RS BP05
93 GS KLZE
(Previously owned by 2Fazed and then mrMazda92)
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

I looked into it, and its a big deal actually

headliner
B pillar panels
centre console

and then the seatbelt stuff. Doesn't make sense to make a package to ship.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
R22B

Post by R22B »

This is frustrating -- I just called up Mazda directly to see if the warranty work was ever done on my Mazda and they said: "12 years has passed since 1992... so the recall/warranty is no longer valid" and that was the end of the conversation. I'm having the wife call back to see if I can get a decent answer since the steel rope is hanging out of the track. I don't care if it automatically retracts -- I'm just tired of hitting my head where the seat belt clips on near the door.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

R22B wrote:This is frustrating -- I just called up Mazda directly to see if the warranty work was ever done on my Mazda and they said: "12 years has passed since 1992... so the recall/warranty is no longer valid" and that was the end of the conversation. I'm having the wife call back to see if I can get a decent answer since the steel rope is hanging out of the track. I don't care if it automatically retracts -- I'm just tired of hitting my head where the seat belt clips on near the door.

Nd4SpdSe wrote:Here, found some info for ya:

http://www.protegefaq.net/tsb/72803.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(see page 4)

I think that should be saved and posted in the seatbelt recall page.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
R22B

Post by R22B »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:
R22B wrote:This is frustrating -- I just called up Mazda directly to see if the warranty work was ever done on my Mazda and they said: "12 years has passed since 1992... so the recall/warranty is no longer valid" and that was the end of the conversation. I'm having the wife call back to see if I can get a decent answer since the steel rope is hanging out of the track. I don't care if it automatically retracts -- I'm just tired of hitting my head where the seat belt clips on near the door.

Nd4SpdSe wrote:Here, found some info for ya:

http://www.protegefaq.net/tsb/72803.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(see page 4)

I think that should be saved and posted in the seatbelt recall page.

Apparently the person I talked to was just slow or something, the wife called back and the person she spoke to was fine. :shrug: I managed to fix the driver side by using the manual pulley thing under the rear seat. That pulled it back and I popped the fuse back in... and now it works fine! Regardless, I'm still going to get it fixed under the recall but now it should pass inspection no problem :).

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”