92 SOHC vs 88 civic hatchback

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
ProtegeSTS

Re: 92 SOHC vs 88 civic hatchback

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mx-k:<BR><STRONG>A couple things I would like to add, first off if your SE is pulling off 0-60 in 5 sec I'd s--- my pants, my buddy has a mustang gt that he's just pumped up through the a-- and is pushing like 450HP and there is no way I could touch his a-- with any stock mx-3. Secondly I think the comment about Ford engines in mazda's is somewhat true because dont the first gen mx-6's use ford engines? Lastly how the hell do you gain hp by not having a/c?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>ALL MX-6s use MAZDA engines. The F2T, the F2, the FS, and the KL depending on model and year.<P>Secondly, A/C compressors are driven by an accesory belt. This takes "energy" to spin, and therefore robs a bit from the engine. Same idea shows how underdrive pullies work to increase power.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
aznwithamx3

Post by aznwithamx3 »

i heard that ford and mazda made the mx-6,probe and protege engines in some years.but i may be wrong.my mx3 rs runs 0-60 faster then 9 secs tho.i guess its bcuz i have some mods
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by williamtauch:<BR><STRONG>i heard that ford and mazda made the mx-6,probe and protege engines in some years.but i may be wrong.my mx3 rs runs 0-60 faster then 9 secs tho.i guess its bcuz i have some mods</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Huh? <P>Mazda built all the B series and F series engines from the Protege/Probe/MX-6/626. I believe, but do not know if they let ford build any of the KLs.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”