A Tx Meet in May?

Organizing An MX-3 Meet? Post Your Info Here.
RanMan

Re: A Tx Meet in May?

Post by RanMan »

Cool! I will have my hands full getting the car ready. I am just about finished wet sanding it, then I will try to shot the colors on either Tuesday or Wednesday. So my paint will be VERY fresh by Saturday. Hope I don't F*** it up (since this is the 1st paintjob I have done). I am getting excited...can't wait. It should be fun. Everyone be sure to write down the address to the Wal-Mart so you know where to go. We will go to the track from there. And bring a little spending money so you can get into the races....duh.
-=deathtrap-mx3=-

Post by -=deathtrap-mx3=- »

how did the stickers turn out? were they ever made?
Looking for a 94+GS for KL-ZE fun :)
02 Protege DX Retired
93 MX-3 RS Gone But Not Forgotten
RanMan

Post by RanMan »

Well, that is one of the OTHER things that is on the TO DO list. I have been working on the paint every chance I get. Since the MX is being painted, that leaves us with only 1 car and my wife has to take that to work, so I am stuck at home without a car. If you would like, I can send them image to you (in email) and you can have them printed. It makes little difference to me. I should be able to break away sometime tomorrow and get them cut. I still have to finish putting the rest of the paint on the car tonight when Jerri gets home. Then it will be ALL DONE!!! It is so F**cking bright! Looks cool. I just have to put on the Pearl coat and then clearcoat the car and I will be done. That should not take all that long to do. The masking off of the designs is what took so long. I worked on the design for about 13-14 hours yesterday.
-=deathtrap-mx3=-

oh no you can print them. i just wasn't sure if we were still getting them. glad to hear the painting is going good. i can't wait to see it! i'll see everyone at wal-mart!
02 Protege DX Retired
RanMan

Post by RanMan »

Thanks. I got the colors put on and put the clear on. Normally I would be done, but I got some fisheye areas in the clear so I have to sand them off in the morning and then respray it. You will get to see it Saturday (as long as I get it done in time...which I am trying like hell to do).
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

Hehe yeah i am trying to finish the last segments of my intake unforntuannly my bank ran a lil slow on geting my paycheck deposited and i wont have the heat sheild i was making done but the rest should be operational.
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

Best laid plans laid to waste by a horrendus rainstorm =]
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
-=deathtrap-mx3=-

well, randy, jerri and i showed! boo-yah
02 Protege DX Retired
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

Sorry i showed but was ealry. I had the unnplesant joy of getting paged 12 times by my shift leader and had to return to arlington.. I almost fired him given he didnt need my help.<P>Im still pissed
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
RanMan

Post by RanMan »

Sorry that you had to leave. We did not make it until about 3:00, but it seems that it is better than we DID show up late since no one else showed (except you and Mark..or Marc).<P>Here are some pics that I took at the races/show. The black/green MX-3 is my wife's (the one that I just finished painting for her).<P> Image <BR> Image <BR> Image <BR> Image <BR> Image <BR> Image <BR> Image <BR> Image
-=deathtrap-mx3=-

do you have a silver mx3, torpedan?
02 Protege DX Retired
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

ACtually yes i do.. With my luck you saw me leaving or something =]
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
-=deathtrap-mx3=-

yep, were were pulling in and my friend says, "there's a silver one driving over there. it looks like he's leaving."<P>i never saw ya, otherwise i would've tracked ya down. missed ya by seconds... :eek:
02 Protege DX Retired
SirCruizer

Post by SirCruizer »

Hey guys!! I totally forgot about the meet. I have been SO busy latly it has been crazy. Getting ready to move to Oklahoma City ALOT later than planned, getting ready for school, and starting up 2 new business ventures has been hectic. The tax commesion has been on my back making sure I do everything right corperating and getting all the business's tied together. Thankfully the OKC chamber of commerce has been a BIG help, or I would have dropped dead of stress related heartatteck by now. HAHA Anywayz, the pics look awesome and the paint job on the green and black mx3 looks sweet!!! I cant wait to get my stuff ordered, put on, and painted. Who knows anymore when thats going to be. I've seriouly considered selling mine to my mom and buying a MX-3 V6, but I just have a hard time driving tandereds... Well I will try to catch the next texas mx-3 meet. Hopefully next time it will have even a better show. :)
Friends dont let friends drive Domestic
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

You would have had a hard time catching up i was a lil pissed at that point. I havnt had a day of in about 3 weeks at that point and still have yet to get one.. So returning to arlington just to goto my store was not exactally my idea of fun.<P><BR>MAybe we can get all the dfw people together and go out to the strip at kenedale sometiem and run the 1/8th they have out there one a weekend.
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.

Return to “MX-3 Meets”