Possible GB: Seat Re-uphostery kits

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Taras

Post by Taras »

n_o_s_21 wrote:i'm just saying it's too much money to invest on something like that. I could use the money for my strut/spring combination, which is $700. I still have to come up with the 102 bucks for the shift and e-brake boots so.... yeah I think seat re-upolstery is out of the question for me.
Choices, choices, choices. I have $1000 worth of HID equipment lying around on my floor, just to play with. It's your call what you do with your money and what is important to you. Most people will start upgrading their interior at some stage in the life of their ride. To some mechanicals are more important, to some the shiny show peices, your call.

Will, since you wanted fur-like coves, I think the best route for you is a set of fur-like seat covers from WalMart anyway. Sure they will not be a perfect fit, but if you wanted cheap fur with money left for the springs, that is my suggestion.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
mrspanky79

Post by mrspanky79 »

Hey Perry dont take it hard but your going get lots saying the prise is not worth it. I found that a lot of compact car guys are like that and turned me off of doing them Most that come in my shop now i dont evern give a qiut to they would rather go and spend 400 on light or thousands in stereo but want there seat done for pennies. I Stick to classics and muscle cars now dont even lift an eyebrow for a compact unless i know ther person personaly. Hope this works out for you if it dose it just might change my view alittle.

Is that cf from jackion the same as the catamaran techno from J.Ennis? Havent had a jackion rep around in a long time.
War does not determine who is right, war determine who is left!

94 mx3 GSX Stroked Turbo'd and Intercooled
99 vitara 4x4
92GS_STL_MO

Post by 92GS_STL_MO »

I have read the thead a few times and we do have a guy here locally who has done a few of my friends cars, his price is way less BUT you can see it in the quality of his work, I live in St. Louis MO, and I would like to get a price for both front seats and rear (I have a spare set of front and rear seats, with the covers already removed and in a box for when I find the right reupholster chance) If you were to use my covers (to recycle anything you can zippers, backing, etc) and do the seats with the same lumbar as shown on the photos for the front, in black vinyl with blaze red accents, black stiching and the MS embroidered on the front headrests in white or black, and enough of the same red material for the remainder of the interior parts (doors, and rear interior panels) what would be the cost in USD?
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

For the quality of work, the price isn't bad...but I don't want that quality of work.

I don't like the extra stitched seam on that one picture...I'd want the seams exactly how they were from the factory.

i'd also want that fabric type I posted before, I don't know if its cheaper than that leather-feel stuff But i'd suspect it would be cheaper.

And I REQUIRE the rear seats to be included in this buy. I wouldn't be in for just the front seats.

If you can get a price in USD for my requests, PM me or post them and i'll tell you if i'm in or out.

Also, How will these covers been secured? Will you supply new metal O-rings to hold them in place & have the metal bars in place to secure them to? or do you use some other method?

Also, would the passenger seat cover have the map-pocket sewn into it as well? Details like this are of concern to me and of value as well.

Another thing...the rear seatback (not cushion) has the trunk carpeting attached directly to it. What would be super awesome if you could figure out a way to make a "kit" for the seatback & have velcro or something that secures the carpeting to it directly. The seatback cover will be seperate from the carpeting.

Then ppl can secure their stock carpeting (after cutting it off their old seat) and use it OR purchase custom-colored carpeting from you directly that secures to the velcro (or whatever other means of securing you have in mind).
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
perry

Post by perry »

The GB is for an exact copy of the stock seat covers. This includes all hogrings and listing bars. Like I said before, these have to be installed by anyone. There are people who will request special materials[Gro Harlem], so that isn't a problem. With special requests comes extra time. I can change colours, design and even carpet. It would be nice if all 10 people ordered the same, but I don't imagine that will happen. Once I have 10 people letting me know their requests, we can set up the GB.
DJsMX-3

Post by DJsMX-3 »

Well the price is high but opposite to Gro i want the best possible finnish to this, i want the best in my car and especially if i have to fork out this kind of mony for it..

And you are saying that the finnish will be super allso when you make it so everyone can put them on themselves? or will that make the finnish worse??

But the price 1050CAD will this cover all materials nomatter if its black leather or CF, whatever fabric is choosed?

And if i understood you right we can choose another stitchingpattern on the seats if we like in that price? or is that going to be extra??

Allso the Extra fabric needed on the doorsides and sides of the rear seat to really get a super overall finnish what would that cost?
1992 MX-3 V6 Z1 Arbet VIII 17 x 8" -35mm Proracing Springs on KYB Sports, Corksport Strutbars, Brembo Cross Drilled & Slotted, Goodridge SS Brakelines, Corksport SS Clutchline, Mazdaspeed Enginemounts & Front arm bushings, All SRD bushings in shifterlinkage and cross member, Pacesetter Shortshifter, KN Conefilter, Custom SS Exhaust, Stereo Oldschool Goodies Denon & Phoenix Gold, Boston Pro & Cerwin Vega and lots of other small goodies
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

hey guys, so where are we on this?

i think i would want to go in on this too. id want front and back seats in black leather and something for the side panels.

-Jim
Kokiriwave

Post by Kokiriwave »

I'm in if the price is right....i want everything from the front seats, back seats and side panels, in black leather...or vinyl...but i need an estimate first.....
I want MAZDASPEED!
MY WEBSITE:: http://kingmx.net
perry

Post by perry »

First of all,
How many people would like all leather or a combo of leather face and vinyl sides? The price for front and rear seats plus doors must be for a common material price. An excellent quality hide of leather is roughly $10.00CND sq ft. Figure 54 sq ft hide x the $ per square ft. Leather is more labour to cut and sew. I could use a cheaper grade but after 6 months everyone would be complaining, and I don't want that. I can quote assuming everyone wants vinyl and add extra for leather?. I dont mind the range of choices, but the point of a GB is to get a deal, right. I want everyone to be happy but I won't work for pennies. With so many different choices I may have to quote per person. The more requests I hear the better I can quote a GB price. I'm really looking forward to this GB. Leather is my specialty. Keep those choices coming so I can give everyone a fair price. Perry- the guy behind the sewing machine!
Kokiriwave

Post by Kokiriwave »

i want all leather.
I want MAZDASPEED!
MY WEBSITE:: http://kingmx.net
verzutiko
Supporting Member

Post by verzutiko »

Won't leather be all "sticky" in the warm summers? If yes, I would probably like an upholstery in the standard fabric, tweed I think? If no, then leather is very ok in my book!
'92 GS
My worklog
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

yup, i definitely do not want leather or vinyl or anything of the sort. Must be a plush fabric.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
Taras

Post by Taras »

Gro: I will have to take a picture of my GF's Protege GT seats and see if that is close to what you want for your seats.

Everyone:

I have been talking to Jeff and Perry. I had a few more ideas for this GB as a lot of you have expressed many ideas. Once the details are worked out, we will post all the particlars and then the GB will be official. Stay Tuned.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
DJsMX-3

Post by DJsMX-3 »

Uhmm i have an idea, i thought someone asked if the pocket on the back of the passengersseat was included "just cant find it though i quickly scanned through all the posts"

So i hope the pocket on the passengers seat is included But wouldent it be nice to have the pocket on the back of both front seats??

I think its allways nice to be able to tuck things out of the way and we all know storagespace isnt what theres most of in the MX, but those pockets are nice because the space is unused and it looks terrible when things lay on the carpet and backseats :?

Just an idea but maybe others can follow me in this?
1992 MX-3 V6 Z1 Arbet VIII 17 x 8" -35mm Proracing Springs on KYB Sports, Corksport Strutbars, Brembo Cross Drilled & Slotted, Goodridge SS Brakelines, Corksport SS Clutchline, Mazdaspeed Enginemounts & Front arm bushings, All SRD bushings in shifterlinkage and cross member, Pacesetter Shortshifter, KN Conefilter, Custom SS Exhaust, Stereo Oldschool Goodies Denon & Phoenix Gold, Boston Pro & Cerwin Vega and lots of other small goodies
Taras

Post by Taras »

Anything is possible. One of the suggestions I made to Perry is to re-use backs from the original seats rather than re-making from scratch. But that will require someone to rip off their covers and send them in or Perry to find spare one to rip apart. We are still deciding on what options and choices to be included in this GB. Also, still talking to Jeff with regards to a donation to the forum from this Possible GB.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com

Return to “Appearance”