Need some ideas for Projector headlights.

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
millionflame

Re: Need some ideas for Projector headlights.

Post by millionflame »

Stick with either Bosch or Hella brand, and size of 90mm.<p>Those are the main projectors out there. Very easy to aquire as well.<p>I have an idea though.<p>You could make two options at purchase.<p>1.) Just the pod.
2.) Pod and two halogen projectors.<p>I think that would work best.<p>~A
~ Millionflame (94 GS 120K)
Ruben MX-3

Post by Ruben MX-3 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by NEVER ENUFF CUSTOMS:
Ok what do you giys think about this?
:D <p>[ April 16, 2003: Message edited by: ALLSPEED GiNO ]<p>[ April 16, 2003: Message edited by: ALLSPEED GiNO ]</p>
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

well his ideas were my plans all along :) but, We may have to make them slightly differnt. Carbon fiber may be difficult to get, but we'll see. I'll keep you guys posted after I talk to him about your ideas. IF you have more, paste it. And oh yea, the lens will be clear.
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

Wayne ( the guy working on them) just called. I explained what u guys want, and Im going to his shop tonight to discuss and start on the prototype.
Balhirath

Post by Balhirath »

I am in doubt.
One one hand I kinda like those lights, BUT on the other hand they really do look like an add-on.
If you look at the Celica picture that Your2slow posted (the bottom one) it reallt fits the car, where the one we're talking about not doesn't quite fit in.
I know that it's a photoshop pict and not the real thing, but some work needs to be done before they really fit in.Image
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

keep in mind, the more lights u want in it, the more it costs.
Ruben MX-3

Post by Ruben MX-3 »

hmmmmm... do the people that gave you ideas get a discount? :D <p> :p Hopefully That would be nice...
92RedMX3

Post by 92RedMX3 »

I love the idea of selling the housing seperatly. That way people like me could still get them. Let us know what the cost would be.
mx3frik

Post by mx3frik »

I was wondering, if it's not too too much trouble and if we're not going carbon fiber (not my sytle, but hey i wouldn't wanna wreck anyone else's fun) could we have one design for the housing or pod, and have them come with the option of being primed and not painted and maybe the choice of with/without a covering lens? this way it's upto the drivers to paint/design them and fit in any lights they want (if our deal decides to go pod-only).<p>My two canadian pennies...<p>Eugene :D
Ruben MX-3

Post by Ruben MX-3 »

hey barry it would be sweet if u have the choice of whethier u want the lens on or off that would be mint and give the car two different looks. hehe :) <p>Take Care
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

I stated already that we will be selling them unpainted or painted (extra), and with and without the lens.<p>We started on the mold last night, couldnt do much work because the 1st step had to dry. We're gonna work on it sometime tonight and this weekend. Mounting lights in the rear may be a problem. There is a bracket there, but We'll come up with a design to fix alot of this. <p>
We're also going to be making a front lip (much like the OEM, thats a 1 piece replacement for all you who may have an RS or have broken your GS lip.
Also were gonan make a rear lip as well for the back bumper cover. I'll keep everyone posted.
mazdamxstyle

Post by mazdamxstyle »

ya barry that sounds good to me, getting our own lights... I personally like the style of that black mx-3 not necessarily the CF but rather the 2 little round housings inside... Looks really cool. Just a dark FG would work in that style as well.
1993 Mazda mx-3 GS - Blaze Red (Totaled) Went through an 89 rx7 and a 93 del sol. Now searching again!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mxmisl
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Custommx3:
I stated already that we will be selling them unpainted or painted (extra), and with and without the lens.<p>We started on the mold last night, couldnt do much work because the 1st step had to dry. We're gonna work on it sometime tonight and this weekend. Mounting lights in the rear may be a problem. There is a bracket there, but We'll come up with a design to fix alot of this. <p>
We're also going to be making a front lip (much like the OEM, thats a 1 piece replacement for all you who may have an RS or have broken your GS lip.
Also were gonan make a rear lip as well for the back bumper cover. I'll keep everyone posted.
<hr></blockquote><p>Barry, for a brackey you could consider making it out of lexan and holding it in place with bondo or something until you take a final mold of the product.<p>A lot of people do that and just leave it, but that would suffice certainly for just making something to be molded.<p>Everything sounds good, even the front and back lips too.<p>What kind of lip is it for the back? Something like a centre diffuser, or just something like the front one???<p>~A
~ Millionflame (94 GS 120K)
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

making a mold isnt the issue. Im referring to the headlight aimer setup that screws to the back of the headlight. Its in the way of putting a bulb in the back of the headlight. No worries. Im leaving in a few to go work on the mold, I'll keep u guys informed.
honeybabes

Post by honeybabes »

hey Barry,<p>about how much are we looking for front bumper lip and rear bumper lip? <p>thanks.

Return to “Appearance”