Failed Lambo door group buy...

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
OROutdoors
Supporting Member

Post by OROutdoors »

Hi. I'm back from vacation. Since my name is at the top of the list, I would have expected to receive a tracking number for any packages he sent out on Saturday. Nothing received yet.

cjthor wrote:Here is the email from Kyle from this AM. Still trying to figure out struts...

Hi Jarid,

Here is the list of kits that will be shipped and the list is in the order that hey will be going out (based on when the kits were paid in full). Also, I was never informed of who took Kevin Ovendens place. Could you please get that information to me. Kyle Householders arms will be going out with the first kits.

1.) Eric Bradford
2.) Freelanz Enterprises - Mike Turner
3.) Jesse Krsa
4.) Jordan Magnuson
5.) Alfred De La Pena
6.) Whoever took Kevin Ovendens Spot - Please get me this information

Kyle Wesley
Xtreme-Doors
Oregon Outdoors
92 mx-3 GS lowered, CF hood
2013 Mazdaspeed3
o0loopy0o

Post by o0loopy0o »

any word on struts?
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Email from Kyle last Saturday. No info since.

Hi Jarid,

While it is poor news (we had to leave the shop due to security reasons), how about the news that it took until July 30th to receive payments, or the news from you that you had contacted everyone and they were ready to pay and we still did not see all the payments until the end of July. This is not going to take months to complete however I was being honest with you to avoid any problems. Time frames change when we experience one headache after another. And I did not say one to two kits a week, I said hopefully one to two kits this week. It will pick up after this week as the other kits should be coming back to us from the welders. So please contact me before coming to conclusions based on what other members say.

Also, the tracking number for Kyle Householders arms is ****** and that is via Canada Post. And before anyone says anything, this was shipped today and will not be in the system likely until Tuesday after the long weekend. I will likely have more tracking numbers for you on Tuesday.

Furthermore, the shocks for the group buy are being shipped to us on Tuesday i believe and will hopefully arrive at the end of the week or the beginning of the next and will then be shipped to the group buy members. These are upgraded shocks also as we were not happy with the performance of the other ones. Lastly, you will be receiving a kit as well but we must first take care of everyone elses kits.

Kyle Wesley
Xtreme-Doors
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

Sorry for the delay in response. As for the time frame, things will be a little slower as we do not have our shop anymore as we look for a new more secure location
then in another email, he told jarid that they were out to welders
It will pick up after this week as the other kits should be coming back to us from the welders
so kyle what the hell is it. are you out sourcing the parts or doing them your selves.....

as for a location consult a fing realtor......if you cant find a secure location, that what people do in business, the seller pays the buyers commission. jarid tell klye that i can reccomend a realtor from REALOGY.com aka..coldwellbanker, century21, era, & sotherbys...
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

are you kidding? You guys still have not gotten any kits? I would NEVER deal with this company now! Considering They already have a bolt on kit out for the MX-3's not made by this company! I feel sorry for you guys!
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

krazykustomz had a bolt on kit before this groupbuy ever started
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
OROutdoors
Supporting Member

Post by OROutdoors »

Post June 24th, 8:06 pm, Page 25:
bgracing wrote:The kits are ready, but since it is a group buy we need to have all the payments or at least have heard from everyone before we can ship out the kits. But being the deadline is this coming Friday June 29th the kits will be shipped out soon (shortly after the deadline).

Jessica
Xtreme-Doors
bgracing,

Was Jessica lying to us when she said that the "kits are ready"? How can what she said be true if what you say now (that the kits are at the welders, or being painted) is true? So which is it? Were the kits ready then or not? If they were not ready, isn't what Jessica said a misrepresentation of the truth? If they were ready, then how can what you currently say, about the kits not being done, be true?

Your company has presented information that is diametrically opposed to eachother. One of your two statements is not true.

Eric Bradford
Last edited by OROutdoors on September 10th, 2007, 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oregon Outdoors
2013 Mazdaspeed3
OROutdoors
Supporting Member

Post by OROutdoors »

Jarid, Group Members,

As a group, how long should we wait for the hinges to be sent before we take additional steps as responsible consumers? I read back through the messages, and there were promises of sending kits within a week, etc. way back in June. It has new been three months since Kyle began promising to send kits out.

Do you remember that Kyle claimed some kits got sent out and were returned due to damaged boxes? The people who were the intended recipients of those kits still have not received them – even though it doesn’t take 2 months to put kits back in a box and send them again. Do you remember that Kyle claimed to have shipped kits, but the Canada Post didn’t give tracking numbers to him? Interesting -- that the recipients of those kits haven’t received their kits either.

So now we’re in the same pattern -- “The kits will be sent out soon” -- is what we’ve been hearing -- for how long? Didn’t the final payment finalize over a month ago?

How long are we going to wait? Oh, here’s an idea – since Kyle decided it was fine for him to set a deadline (out of the blue) for when the money should be received, let set a deadline for him.

I propose that if ALL kits aren’t shipped and tracking numbers received by 9/24 (two weeks from today), that we file police reports with the London Police, complaints with the BBB, and claims against them in PayPal. We should not however, jump the gun – don’t do it before 9/24. Let’s give them a good solid two weeks. There is no reason why they can’t ship them in 2 weeks – they already said the kits are ready, paint dries in just a matter of hours, the shocks are already on their way – I see no excuse or reason why they can’t ship all kits in 2 weeks.

Eric Bradford.
Last edited by OROutdoors on September 10th, 2007, 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oregon Outdoors
2013 Mazdaspeed3
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Eric,
I copied and pasted your posts into an email to Kyle. I havent heard from him since the 1st. I do agree with your post and think its a good idea for the deadline. As far as I am aware nothing went out last week as I received no tracking numbers or emails from him.
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

cjthor wrote:Eric,
I copied and pasted your posts into an email to Kyle. I havent heard from him since the 1st. I do agree with your post and think its a good idea for the deadline. As far as I am aware nothing went out last week as I received no tracking numbers or emails from him.

also he said on the Fiero forum, that he has 7 extra kits sitting around with no payment

jason
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

Mnemonic wrote:krazykustomz had a bolt on kit before this groupbuy ever started
Yea so do I! I dont understand why group buys ALWAYS flop! I just dont see why not to spend the extra $300 and get a excellent kit that bolts on! I love mine! :D If I were you guys I would take this company down to the ground!! It does not take this long to produce a kit and I dont know why you guys are not taking action!

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Email from kyle today.....Guys I am finished dealing with Kyle as he continues to blame me for their shortcomings. I have done everything in my power to make this a smooth group buy and have met resistance thru the entire thing...Here is his email.

Hi Jarid,

First off, lets remember that the necessary revisions were made in May and we did not receive all the payments until the end of July. In that time frame due to delays with payments, our time frames can change and they did. Also, as I just stated in an email I have two kits going out Tomorrow. Should police reports be filed and the BBB contact I will have no problem discussing this issue with them. Furthermore, the boxes were damaged, and the kits were damaged and I said that in a post. I am not going to have someone twist our words around on us. Also, I did not set a deadline out of the blue. I think waiting till the middle of June was MORE than enough time for people to get us our payments. But no, we had to make 3 deadlines and that still did not work. You even told us you had everyone ready to pay. So I suggest you pipe up and inform people about all the deadlines we set up that passed without seeing ANY Payments.

And have you noticed it is the people we had the hardest time getting payments from that come out and make posts like this.. Like come on. Eric Bradford was all over the posts trying to give us ideas to correct the problems and being negative, but as soon as we said the kits were revised and payments should be made, he disappeared. Not sure how many times we are going to have to go thru this but lets be fair. I anticipate all kits to be shipped long before the 24th but this is ridiculous. So we set three deadlines, and they are allowed to still not pay (even though you say everyone is ready to) but they are going to set one and then file police reports and reports with the BBB and paypal. Well, I will say this much, anything happens because of this guys post, and I will make sure the police know your role in this group buy and all of the problems we have had due to you. These kits could have been done a LONG time ago if people would have just paid on time and not lied about when they would pay. As the group buy moderator, it has been one thing after another, and the members do not know all of this, but they will as I am tired of taking the hole blame for this.

As I said, two kits are going out tomorrow and I will provide tracking numbers.

Kyle Wesley
Xtreme-Doors
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
magiccowinuse

Post by magiccowinuse »

well guys its been over a week since my arms "shipped" I will update everyone on what i get and when, when i do get them.
1994 1.6L White MX-3 - Daily Driver
1995 Red MX-3 -Project
OROutdoors
Supporting Member

Post by OROutdoors »

cjthor wrote:Email from kyle today.....Guys I am finished dealing with Kyle as he continues to blame me for their shortcomings. I have done everything in my power to make this a smooth group buy and have met resistance thru the entire thing...Here is his email.
Jarid,

I share your frustration. I think it is clear to everyone that you have done a very good job at trying to moderate this group buy, while also holding all parties to be accountable for their respective parts. Please see this group buy through, despite Kyle's accusations.

Eric
Oregon Outdoors
2013 Mazdaspeed3
OROutdoors
Supporting Member

Post by OROutdoors »

First off, lets remember that the necessary revisions were made in May and we did not receive all the payments until the end of July.
Remember, so-called "production" kit which Kyle sent to Jarid was had substantial problems with the kit, and it needed revisions. After the revisions were done, Kyle was supposed to send the finalized "production" kit to Jarid for testing, and "upon his approval" [Jarid's approval], then Kyle was supposed to start production. BUT Kyle never sent a re-finalized kit to Jarid for approval. Instead, Kyle arbitrarily declared a deadline without providing any independent proof that the kit functions as promised. Later, another mx-3.com member (MX3Extreme) bought the same kit, but not as part of the group buy, he installed it, and showed that the kit does work. As a courtesy to Kyle, I accepted MX3Extreme's word that the kits work correctly, instead of waiting for Jarid's approval of the kit. We were not obligated to accept anyone's word other than Jarid that the kit was okay. Kyle was obligated to get Jarid's approval.

Along those lines, I notified Kyle/Jessica on 6/27/07 that I would be glad to finalize payment after independent verification of that the hinges work as promised. MX3Extreme posted photos of the hinge on his car on 6/27/07, see page 26, but he edited the post on 7/3/07 and removed the link and words he had written. I made my payment on 7/2/07 -- less than one week after their kit was proven to work.
I think waiting till the middle of June was MORE than enough time for people to get us our payments.
Again, Kyle set a deadline before he sent the final kit to Jarid, so there was no independent verification that the kits worked. Remember, Kyle stated that he would begin production after Jarid gave his approval. And, after the kits were done, then Kyle was going to collect final payments. But, since Kyle have admitted in the recent weeks, that the kits aren't done, then no payments were due or past due. NO ONE IS LATE IN SENDING PAYMENTS SINCE KYLE SPECIFIED THE PAYMENTS ARE DUE AFTER THE KITS WERE DONE.
Eric Bradford was all over the posts trying to give us ideas to correct the problems and being negative, but as soon as we said the kits were revised and payments should be made, he disappeared.

I was not being negative, I was giving constructive feedback to help Kyle fix the problems with their hinge sets. I may remind everyone that Kyle was reluctant to admit that the hinges needed revisions -- he even called the hinge set he sent to Jarid as being "production" hinges, despite the obvious flaws with the hinge sets.
Not sure how many times we are going to have to go thru this but lets be fair. I anticipate all kits to be shipped long before the 24th but this is ridiculous. So we set three deadlines, and they are allowed to still not pay (even though you say everyone is ready to) but they are going to set one and then file police reports and reports with the BBB and paypal.
In fairness, Kyle specified a time-line of 2 weeks after deposits were in. Deposits were in Febryary 22nd. In fairness, all three of Kyle's deadlines were invalid because he set the deadline before Jarid gave him the approval on the final kit (because Kyle never sent Jarid a final kit). In all fairness, Kyle specified that the kits would be done before he would collect payments. Since Kyle wanted to collect payments in June, then the kits should have been done before then. So, Kyle has had everyone's money since July 30th, that was six weeks ago. In the six weeks after he has received all monies, he hasn't sent out any kits.

September 24th, 9/24/07, marks eight ( 8 ) weeks after Kyle have received all monies. Eight weeks is sufficient time for him to send out all remaining kits. Eight weeks is even sufficient time for him to manufacture and send out the remaining kits. There is no excuse for all kits not being sent out after eight weeks. Personally, I expect he will be able to send them and and that he will, in fact, do so. But if not, it's time to start being responsible consumers -- hold Kyle, Jeffrey and Jessica (all of them) responsible for their actions.

Kyle posted this on February 22, 2007, note item #3:
Hey,

Thanks, and every thing will get worked out and then we will get these kits done for everyone. We will definetly be taking pictures and posting them so that everyone can follow along with the progress.

And your list is pretty accurate. We will be making a template first of what the kit should look like to ensure correct fitment, then this template will be input into both AutoCAD 2007 and AutoDesk Inventor 10 (Inventor will allow us to post a 3D rendering on this site of the new kit, as well as allow us to test the motion and make sure everything functions as it should). We can then overlay this file onto our existing 90 Degree Kit to see what changes need to be made. The AutoCAD file will then be inputted into the CNC Machine and a Prototype will be cut. The prototype will then be installed and tested to ensure ease of installation as well as to again make sure it functions as it should.

Then once the prototype is installed we will take A LOT of pictures as well as some video to post on this site so that everyone can see the kit in Action. Then, once prototype has been approved by us (Fitment, Function, and Look) we will make One "Production Model" Kit and send it to Jarid for testing. This kit will need to be installed as soon as it arrives so that we can commence with the other kits so that everyone receives their products.

Once he gives it the ok, the final kits will be put into production. Once the kits are done, we will then collect the remainder of the funds and once these are in, the kits will be shipped out to everyone that ordered them.

So to Summarize, Once the deposits are cleared the order of events will go as follows.

1)Designing of Prototype begins, the prototype will be designed, manufactured, and then installed to insure fitment. Any final changes will then be made to the kit if needed. (2 weeks)
2) Then one "Production Kit" will be made and sent to Jarid for Inspection / Installation. This will take a few days on top of the 2 weeks to get the One Kit made as the original plan was to have all kits manufactured after the Prototype had been designed and fitted. But since we are now instead making one kit and sending it to Jarid, there will be a delay as we wait for him to get it installed and for his feedback.
3) Once we have heard from Jarid regarding the kit, we will run the final production kits needed for the group buy. When these are completed. We will collect the remainder of the funds and then ship out the kits.

Again, we will be posting A LOT of pictures as well as video so that everyone is not left hanging as to the progress of these kits.

We at Xtreme-Doors look forward to seeing all of your MX-3's with the Xtreme-Doors Kits installed.

Thanks,
Kyle Wesley
Xtreme-Doors
Oregon Outdoors
2013 Mazdaspeed3

Return to “Appearance”