Mooneggs 92 MX-3 Daily Driver IP 2013 in review

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
AaronTietje
antispam: No

Re: Mooneggs 92 MX-3 Daily Driver IP 4/2 New muffler+wraparo

Post by AaronTietje »

I've got to say that when I first saw those mudflaps that I thought no way.......... However, they look really good. Plus 1 to to the diffuser idea. :idea:
We all want to be fast and look cool. Cool changes but fast never does.
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

They are authentic JDM, I dont think I would touch them. just sayin

I think they look great! nice work Mark.
WhiteFinish

Post by WhiteFinish »

lookin good Mark.
Although i agree that i'm missing something. Might be JDM, but make it your own style and add a section ;)
Just another Mx3 freak :)

Feedback topic: Click

Worklog
Worklog click
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Mooneggs 92 MX-3 Daily Driver IP 4/14 New MS steering wh

Post by Mooneggs »

We had beautiful weather today so I took the opportunity to do the following:

-Install my new MS wheel and mounting kit
-Take apart front fog light to determine why it has condensation (ended up being the rubber grommet wasn't in the right spot)
-Test fit the Passenger and Drivers side King6 88durometer mounts
-Raise up my coilovers to ensure I won't have rubbing issues with the race tires setup.

Thanks to everyone who commented on which steering wheel I should choose. I went with the new gunmetal wheel with the white MS horn button with the new Boss kit for installation. It's almost as long as the Momo + spacer I was using before so it really is the perfect length IMO. I had to figure out a different way to run the horn wire since I'm the stock metal disc wouldn't fit around the boss kit. I just ended up running a long enough wire to accomodate the full lock to lock turning of the wheel. It just wraps/unwraps as needed around the column. We'll see if this is a good solution as I drive/race it more 8)

I'm really dissapointed in the King6 mounts so far. I don't see how I can get the pass side in without modifying the stock bracket. The drivers side has multiple issues. I've contacted Darren to see how he wants to proceed. I won't post pics until it's sorted out.

I raised up the front coilovers by about 1/2 an inch. I raised up the rears by about an inch and a half. I'm nervous about rubbing on the fenders as well as the lowest rung of the coil. It's really close in there but with it being raised this high I think it will be ok. I'm going to an autocross event tomorrow so I'll find out soon enough!

After driving around with the JDM mudguards for a couple weeks I'm very pleased with how they look and I plan on keeping them just as they are with the space in the middle. My new muffler sounds amazing as well. It has added the deepness back to the tone and really makes it sound menacing! :o :shock:

racycle

Post by racycle »

is there a green/black version of that steering wheel? I like it :P. Also let me know on how well the long wire solution for your horn goes , I have the same issue.

racycle's Worklog!
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=76991
-RIP

Current Toy
http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=80470

Please don't tap on the hood. It disturbs the gerbils.
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

Nice choice on the steering wheel an I love those rims!!
93 White RS- BPT Built not bought!!
Worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=78988
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

You really couldn't have gone wrong with the steering wheels but I do like the setup you chose.

And those wheels.....I love them!
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
youdirtyfox
antispam: No

Post by youdirtyfox »

I modified the original MX3 clock spring for my RX7 wheel by cutting off the plastic plug end on the face and feeding the flat horn wire through then attached a crimp end to that to run through the boss.
mx3matt

Post by mx3matt »

do you have any more pics or would it be possible to take measurements of those ms adapter brackets?
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

mx3matt wrote:do you have any more pics or would it be possible to take measurements of those ms adapter brackets?
I'm assuming you are talking about for the seats? I don't know how I could get measurements as they are very oddly shaped. I know Rupewrecht on the AstinaGT forums had them for a while to try and get them replicated (since he had never before seen an mx-3 set) before he shipped them to me so he may have more info on how to get more. I would recommend contacting him.
OutlaW

Post by OutlaW »

moon, what up man ... been meaning to ask you. I really need to paint my car, and i love the Moonwax look.
Here in Portugal, it's very hard to legaly change a car's colour. My permit says "Green" but as you know, Mazda´s Noble Green is not your regular green.
The question i have is ... can i get a primer for the Moonwax with a subtle green to it ? I mean, just something that i can tell the cop's .. "hey man, this is the green they gave me ..." ... can i manage this kind of moonwax :?:
K8 :: 136.8 bhp---160 nm---108.0 whp---118lbs/torque
ET: 15.567 @ 136 kmh (84 mph)
"Racing a Honda is like being in the special Olympics, you may win, but in the end your still retarded."
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

I'm sure you can get olive or green colored primer - just check your local stores or maybe you could get it online? Here's an olive drab mx-3 from the UK: http://www.uk-mx3.com//forum/viewtopic.php?t=5285
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

What about putting a green stripe down the car? that may work.

I am surprised that you have not done that yet mark. like offset green strip big and a small down the car. maybe its because you have bright green Mooneggs on the left there but I have always like the flat black and green strip color combo :)
OutlaW

Post by OutlaW »

thx Moon ... i can see a green touch to that primer coat, but im not a fan of the Rat look at all. Can you post a pic of the primer u use ? i guess the green one is just too "rat" 4 me
K8 :: 136.8 bhp---160 nm---108.0 whp---118lbs/torque
ET: 15.567 @ 136 kmh (84 mph)
"Racing a Honda is like being in the special Olympics, you may win, but in the end your still retarded."
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Re: Mooneggs 92 MX-3 Daily Driver IP 5/18 -Test fitting stuf

Post by Mooneggs »

Well it's been a month or so since I've made an update. We've had amazing weather for the last 2.5 weeks or so. I've been getting a few things done:

Replaced both door seals
Finally got my coilovers adjusted to where they don't rub on the MS-01R 225/50/15 tires and then got an alignment.
I picked up another set of Eunos center caps, Eunos steering wheel center logo and a JDM fuse box cover.
I was also test fitting my MS bung to hold up the shift boot. It doesn't look like it will work unless I either cut the bung or the actual shifter. I think I need to find an alternative way to do this...
I finally got one of my Autozam keys cut for the DD (might as well make it official). There's something about using an authentic black key top that just feels good. :freak:
I also got a set of 16x7 +33 MS-01S in bronze - test fit pics below - I think I like them in bronze on primer. 8)

I'm going to be moving in 2 weeks so I've been going through all my parts, etc and got rid of quite a bit of "stock" parts that I will never use. I had these all listed for free for a long time so why continue to hold on to stuff.

I've also been doing a ton of racing - I'll update my racing thread soon with videos and results.

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”