Mooneggs 92 MX-3 Daily Driver IP 2013 in review

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Nd4SpdSe

Re: Mooneggs 92 MX-3 Daily Driver IP 3/13 CF Helmets + Autoz

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Mooneggs wrote:I believe he got it from Oscar (EZ_4_FUN) but I'm not sure if he's still producing them.
No, his mold/CF guy is out of buisness it's been a few years....
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
kulluminati777
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by kulluminati777 »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:
Mooneggs wrote:I believe he got it from Oscar (EZ_4_FUN) but I'm not sure if he's still producing them.
No, his mold/CF guy is out of buisness it's been a few years....

:crying: :crying: :crying: i joined the MX-3 game at the worst time...
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
IMACHU2

Post by IMACHU2 »

Does that rare JDM Lego man head air filter flow well? Great score on the autozam goodies. Those helmets are pure smut!
Dominic Toretto's whip is a MaZda and his cell phone number starts in "(323)"
My work log http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=72471
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Lego head really holds it's cookies, if you know what I mean..
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

lol I didn't even think about it but I could modify that lego head to fit around my PRM intake :lol: :welder:

I love legos. The top part of the head comes off exposing the brains (usually wrapped candy).
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Re: Mooneggs 92 MX-3 Daily Driver IP 4/1 MS-01R + V710 :D

Post by Mooneggs »

So I have a couple things I'd like to talk about. Last Friday after about 4 years of searching, saving up, research and procurement I finally have my "starter" International Project race rim/tire combo. I was able to find a local business that appears deserted on Sundays so I did a quick test of fitment there :freak: I'll have to remember this place in the future!

I purchased Kumho Ecsta V710's in 225/50/15 and they fit wonderfully on the MS-01R rims! The weight of this combo is around 37 pounds. The fronts have about an inch +/- from the coil in the front but a little close around the arch and the rears have about 1mm between the tire and coil. :? Because of this, I'm considering raising the coilovers in the rear 1/2" and the front 1/4". Not sure if I'll have time to do that before the next race. I'm guessing I'll get an alignment with the 215/40/17 Dunlop Direzzas since that's the closest size wheel combo I have and I don't want to drive the new R compound tires on the street :freak: I have pics with and without caps.

The downside of using the caps is I have to use the OEM stubby lugnuts and if I happen to be racing with the TSW (because of potential rain or something) then I have to lug around extra lugnuts. The caps definately add a level of "completeness" and prestige 8) but without the capsthe rim/tires still look quite aggresive... (at least anything I'm used to seeing on an mx-3).

A couple of weeks ago I decided to reinstall my MS front strut bar and had to cut some of the inner support fiberglass from the underside of the hood. I'm glad I did as I "think I feel" a difference and don't notice anything crazy going on with the hood. The hoodpins are still secured so I'm not sure what the con of this is... yet.

RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Those MS rims are so nice! They look great on the car!

If only the AZ-3 middle light in the back matched your tail lights, it's the only thing that looks off.

Beautiful car regardless.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
IMACHU2

Post by IMACHU2 »

The MS-01R rims are very retro kool, :love: fuels my "wonder if I could squeeze 225/50/15's on the 326" dirty thoughts.
Dominic Toretto's whip is a MaZda and his cell phone number starts in "(323)"
My work log http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=72471
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

O...M...G... :love: :shock: :shock: I am officially in love with your ride and you better keep those caps on, if not you know where you can dump them.... :mrgreen:
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
weede_klze

Post by weede_klze »

great tires! :evil:
Will Thomas

Post by Will Thomas »

+1 for the wheels Moon. I like the retro look.
William
The Beast Worklog viewtopic.php?f=46&t=79327
93 MX-3 BP+T all kinds of fast stuff
2X93 Infiniti G-20s
97 Civic
07 Santa Fe
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Re: Mooneggs 92 MX-3 Daily Driver IP 4/2 New muffler+wraparo

Post by Mooneggs »

I love it when a plan comes together and most importantly the weather cooperates :D

After determined that the wraparound mud guards would not fit due to the angle at which I had my muffler welded on I decided that the wraparound guards were too fragile (and freakin expensive) to mess with. And after seeing the condition of my current muffle (within the last year I scraped it several times pretty badly, lack of cleaning maintenance), I decided to just buy/install/reposition a new one. Fortunately the place I take the car to be worked on is awesome and they let me fit the guard while it was on the rack to ensure the new angle/position would let it clear. 8)

After that I came home and the sun was shining! :o So I whipped out a can of primer and sprayed the guards, then took the OEM guards off, then washed the car (and especially under the rear bumper). Test fitment took a while as I'm not good with 3m tape and body parts in general but I am happy with the end product and I think I got everything lined up pretty good.

Also I have no pics but I decided to fill in the space between the wraparound guard to the rear bumper with strips of gorilla tape until it is basically a solid surface with no inside lip. I'm afraid that a cone will go under my car and basically rip these guards off and hopefully this will help prevent that from happening. They are SOOOO fragile, basically I think if I hit anything with them they will shatter :cry:

I took alot of pics from different angles as they do look different depending how you look at the car (chubby, sporty, SICK, etc :freak: )

mikeinaus
antispam: No

Post by mikeinaus »

those look wicked, but so unfinished with the gap in the middle. i remember you were saying something about making them one piece and i hope you go through with it. either way they look great. from your description of the being so fragile im guessing they are fibreglass?
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

Yes they are fiberglass... I dunno, the space on the middle is growing on me (already). Maybe I will just spray the tire well a low gloss black - I think being able to see that (and it being off center) is what makes it look messed up. I do like the idea that it's the same width as the license plate space.
mx3matt

Post by mx3matt »

maybe some kind of mild "diffuser".

i love the look tho. i want!

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”