Marc's S2- Autozam AZ-3 B5ZE -BOOOOOSSST videooooooo

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
mx3_ryder
antispam: No

Re: Marc's Sooty 2.0 - Autozam AZ-3 B5ZE -New windscreen&5st

Post by mx3_ryder »

That is goona be one sweet turbo setup with the evo parts. Like how chopped up the manifold and welded the B5 flange. Nice work man!!
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

marcdh wrote:Thanks Josh!

So other than comp ratio why does the b5 make more power?

Also can you guys recommend where to get oil feed and coolant? Is the port by the disty oil or coolant?
Seeing as this is running a MAF this "should" be the same block as the B6DE. Easy way to check is on the exhaust side of the block there should be two oil passages that run down the front, top to bottom. They are in between cylinders 1-2 and 3-4. If it does not have them you can still use a B6DE head, but you will have to put plugs where these oil passages are. Many 323 guys have done this to the older 323 B6 and B6T motors. The ports on the heads are so much bigger, the flow is increased drastically. Comp ratio is the same in both motors.

I tapped my oil inlet to the oil pressure sensor on the back of the engine. And tapped my coolant line to the in and out of the throttle body. If you can find one the coolant hard line from the pump to the heater core from a BPT it will have an extra line on it for the turbo.
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

Alright thanks for that Josh. I'll maybe weld my own outlet onto that coolant pipe then.

In other news!!

MEGASQUIRT RUNNING THE SHOW :D

I reflashed the firmware, grabbed a tune off miataturbo forums and boom RPM at last!
Next dealt with spark issues.
Then configured for fully sequential fuel injection and was running!

Still need to wire in:
IAC
AC
Fan control
Launch control

Thinking of picking up Rx8 yellow injectors 425cc, fair enough? I want high impedance for minimum hassle.

Picked up a free flange from my local exhaust shop for a chunky 3" downpipe :D I have 3" flexpipe ready to rock and elbow for the turbo on the way. Though it'll be going into a 2.5" decat... followed by 2.25" exhaust... for now anyway.

Shopping list is getting short, thankfully.
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
mazdamx3bds
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mazdamx3bds »

How difficult was the Megasquirt installation? I have the exact same RHD JDM vehicle and am about to install a MegaSquirt II PCB 3.0 shortly. I would appreciate as much information regarding the process as possible. I am also running a turbo setup.
Supertech Forged Pistons, ARP Studs, ACL Bearings, Port and Polished Head, Ported Intake Manifold, Valve Job, GTX Manifold, T3 50trim Turbo,Cone Filter, 2.5" Exhaust, 2.5" Custom Downpipe, ACT Street Clutch, Lightened Flywheel, MSD 6A Ignition, Boost Retard and SS Coil, Magnecor Plug Wires, Denso Iridium Plugs, UR Lightened Pulley, Spearco FMIC, Turbo XS BOV & MBC, Megasquirt V2, RX7 460cc Injectors, Walbro 255 Fuel Pump, Autometer Gauges, Pivot Shift Light
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

mazdamx3bds - I will do up a list of all the pins I have found out soon and post it here. A lot of the miata 1.6 stuff crosses over which helps, the pins do not, but the logic does.
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
View Worklog
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

OTT 3" DOWNPIPE TIME

Take this:

and turn it into this:

I only had 3" SS pipe left, and it leaves room for upgrading the rest of exhaust later, so there you have it. I didn't have a reducer so just made slices and bend them in to reduce to 2.5" round the back. I have to say what a pleasure it was to make compared to weaving one under a v6 crossmember with the KL turbo. That massive gap in the alu sump makes it so easy :)

Evo elbow chopped at downpipe flange
3" ss bend
3" flex pipe
3" flange free courtesy of my local exhaust shop!

oh and it's now road legal and my daily driver!

I think I've finally decided the AC is going to go. Northern Ireland is baltic enough and it will make intercooling a LOT easier.
Last edited by marcdh on April 13th, 2013, 12:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
View Worklog
youdirtyfox
antispam: No

Post by youdirtyfox »

looking good!
MazdaMan1991

Post by MazdaMan1991 »

Its so pretty :)
My Mazdas
2008 Mazda 3 FS auto - Totaled
1994 Mazda 626 KL 5 spd - sold
2002 Mazda Millenia S - sold
1994 Mazda MX-3 RS 5 spd - bp swapped
My Worklog/Build Thread
My YouTube Page
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

oh man that is so cool!
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

Progress has been slow of late. Had the car stolen by scumbags, fortunately it got chased by police and soon recovered with fairly minimal damage - door frame dented from prising open, ignition wrecked, steering column lock broken, plastics destroyed. I've since replaced the ignition and steering column, big thanks to Jason aka jayom for parts :) Many security features have been added also.

Today I repaired the damage around the door frame, paint ain't great. However looks a lot better than a crowbarred frame! I then waxed the whole car for the first time. Came up pretty decent. Still need to lose those bump strips. I also replaced the door seals on the DS which were also damaged from a break in. Much better :)

Also installed my lovely protegé steering wheel, classy stuff. Did require butchering a simple clock spring onto it, but easy enough.

View Worklog
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

Nice clean mx-3, I like it a lot.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

i'm glad the police were able to recover the car, that wouldn't have happened here, our police are useless for theft
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Yep^^^ same here. Cops would have called after they had it impounded so you would have to pay the fees to get it out.
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

I had to pay £150 to get it back from the recovery depot. I was fortunate that there just happened to be a police car on the stretch of road they took.

Thanks guys :-)
View Worklog
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

Toad cat 1 alarm fitted today! Had it fitted by a pro to get the certificate for insurance companies.

Nice to have RCL again. Doors lock after 10 seconds for antihijack. He also hooked it up so the interior light stays on until I turn the key :) So theres like 4 levels of security on this car now :mrgreen:
View Worklog

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”