DrunkMX3r's 93 MX3 project

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
93DrunkMx3r
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: DrunkMX3r's 93 MX3 project

Post by 93DrunkMx3r »

well the donor car was a mx6, n they have different brackets that the mounts sit in than the mx3's. I had to use the 2 mx6 brackets with the mx6 mounts but the brackets dont bolt to the mx3 frame correctly.
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Interesting, didn't know that.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
93DrunkMx3r

Post by 93DrunkMx3r »

Well, whilst waiting for my v6 motor mount brackets and such to come in from my new best friend Aaron :wink: i got restless because I just got home and had nothing work on. well one screw led to another and at the end of the night i ended up here...

Tomorrow i will go ahead and finish removing stuff and clean it up real purdy...maybe even throw a few coats of paint on...that way... when i get my brackets i can be ready to thorw it all back together!!! :mrgreen:
AaronTietje
antispam: No

Post by AaronTietje »

Great work. Nows the time to get that engine bay nice and clean. :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup:
We all want to be fast and look cool. Cool changes but fast never does.
93DrunkMx3r

Post by 93DrunkMx3r »

funny you said that Aaron.....
then primer

then some white

then some clear

then some more clear

Then my brackets came in!!! Thanks again Aaron

Tommorrow's task = motor clean up and assembly :wink:
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

Very nice!!! :2thumbsup:
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
93DrunkMx3r

Post by 93DrunkMx3r »

thank you sir....lets just say it was nice....so the mounts that i had for what ever reason i thought were v6 mounts...come to find out, they were not...so when i tried to drop the motor in it slipped n hit n scratched the frame...right by where the timing pulley is located...it took us 3 hours to realize we were using the wrong mount... :oops: now I've got to wait for the proper front mount and passenger mount to come in...smh...so the beast is on hold until the parts come in :( hopefully my next post will be pics of the finished product!!!
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

Wasnt your car a 4cyl??

I would suggest while you engine is out put a GS sway bar in. that way you wont have to worry about it later. If you cant find one at you local pick and pull here is a ebay link to a OEM gs sway bar and then get a rear bar later on!!......Or do the 4cyl come with front and rear sway bars??? I know 4cyl cars didnt come with rear tie bars and front crossmembers. Did they come with sway bars.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/92-93-94-95-96- ... 71&vxp=mtr
93DrunkMx3r

Post by 93DrunkMx3r »

Yes, i was a 4 cyl...but for whatever reason i had a passenger mount that i thought was gonna work from the donor car...lol i was just ready to get it in. I did take your advice and order the sway bar...since it was only 50 bucks shipped...n i was still drunk from my girls company christmas party so i was like...eh lets do it lol
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

yeah they´re easier to put in while the engine is out or the subframe is off...Ill look through junk yards for a rear one for you as well. I threw away mine a long time ago.
93DrunkMx3r

Post by 93DrunkMx3r »

threw away :cry: lol thats terrible...i do have a feeling ill be dropping the subframe next...that purdy engine bay is not gonna be happy i have a not shiny subframe lol
93DrunkMx3r

Post by 93DrunkMx3r »

well...cars been off the road for over a month now. Struggle after struggle. Doesnt help that ive been away from home for about 6 weeks out of the last 9. Im kinda stuck at the moment. The wiring harness ive got was from the donor car, which i for out was converted from an automatic. Soooooooo, its not hooking up properly and since i wasnt there to pull the motor out of the donor...i dont know how it goes back in. My friend kinda screwed me on that. However, brighter days are ahead of me....as soon as i can get this v6 manual harness :/
93DrunkMx3r

Post by 93DrunkMx3r »

havent updated in a while. Im still searching for a harness, i saw one on ebay last night but by the time i went back on to look at it it was gone :/ All this sitting is really got me looking at another project. I want to tinker and cant cause i need a part lol this is life i guess.

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”