Will Thomas 93 BPT-Tuning

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Will Thomas
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Tuning

Post by Will Thomas »

I started tuning to make the car more drivable as the boost is lower and there is no meth. This is just a stopgap to get her by until the MS install. I also pulled the bumper to get at the intercooler and tighten it up as well as tidy up the pipes. It's funny because I messed with the pipes because it was suggested I had a boost leak and I am certain that now I do have a leak after messing with them. At this point, I am tuning the "out of boost" table looking for leaner cruise and easier starting. Also, I have tuned out about 99% of the dead spot I mentioned in the first couple posts. It has nothing to do with the 550CC injectors When I finally got the wide band working again, it revealed that it was a dead spot just off throttle and it was going lean for 900 milliseconds or so. Most of the problem was that on the MAF table that controls off boost fueling, the table didn't start at zero RPMs. Well, at least it got better when Rynn reset it to start at zero...lol. Here are some pics.

Still haven't painted the hood Aaron brought me.

Had to tighten up the I/C and work on the pipes.

cleaned the pipes and couplers and reassembled with Aqua Net Extra Super Hold :mrgreen:

Doin some tuning. Soo Fast-N-Furious. LMAO :lol:
William
The Beast Worklog viewtopic.php?f=46&t=79327
93 MX-3 BP+T all kinds of fast stuff
2X93 Infiniti G-20s
97 Civic
07 Santa Fe
AaronTietje
antispam: No

Post by AaronTietje »

Nice work. I see you got the orange overspray off the hood at least. :roll:
We all want to be fast and look cool. Cool changes but fast never does.
Will Thomas

Post by Will Thomas »

AaronTietje wrote:Nice work. I see you got the orange overspray off the hood at least. :roll:
Actually, I havent touched it, just cought good light to hide it....lol.
William
2X93 Infiniti G-20s
97 Civic
07 Santa Fe
Will Thomas

Re: Will Thomas 93 BPT-Tuning

Post by Will Thomas »

I haven't posted ny progress lately. I finally got around to painting the hood to match the rest of the car. The car is running very well, but still overly ritch (safe) in alot of areas of the map. I only drive it a couple days per week and have had alot on my plate during my free time so nothing much is getting done. I also scored a good rear bumper to replace my cut up bumper, but just need a little time to put it on. :wink:
William
2X93 Infiniti G-20s
97 Civic
07 Santa Fe

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”