Get Your CorkSport MazdaSpeed Replica Bumper While You Can!

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Clappy

Re: Get Your CorkSport MazdaSpeed Replica Bumper While You C

Post by Clappy »

i was hoping there was 1 left. already bought one for mx3 #1, would look good on mx3 #2
-----------------
Tim
09 Dodge Challenger SXT
08 G5 White
93 MX3 SE Red
94 MX3 V6 Black
95 MX3 V6 Blue/purple
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

MrMazda92 wrote:Same, I'd buy another at that rate... I like my EDM bumper, but after getting my hands on the MS front, I'm quite the fan.
Maybe we can get group buy setup? How many people are required, 5 or so?
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

OK I will give them a call and see if they will consider doing GB.
Vecia

Post by Vecia »

I would definitely be interested in this.
jeffs93toy

Post by jeffs93toy »

Im in.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I doubt that they would do a GB at that price. The only reason they are so cheap is because they've had them on the shelf for 5 years and want to be rid of them. I don't think they could make money at $150.

But you never know if you don't ask.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

Those bumpers at the Brazilian site look a little off to be true mazdaspeed replicas and I so wish i was in the states i would SO get in on this group buy....and what if corksport said "oh we dont make FRP bumpers but we are coming out with carbon fiber mazdaspeed replica bumpers".......a boy could dream :love:
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

wytbishop wrote:I doubt that they would do a GB at that price. The only reason they are so cheap is because they've had them on the shelf for 5 years and want to be rid of them. I don't think they could make money at $150.

But you never know if you don't ask.
Ya, I'm skeptical about that working out. Funny how everyone wants them how they they're no longer available. They've been at $150 for a bit before that, haven't they? I know some people were waiting for the price to drop lower thab $150, but guess it didn't happen. $150 is a friggin' steal tho. If they go ahead on a GB, I'm guessing they'll be around $200-$250 (Probably $250) so they don't lose money on making them.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

Well they wanted $300 to ship it here so it was out of the question.
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
Clappy

Post by Clappy »

ya, the bumper cost me an arm and leg to get it to Trenton, but I like it so much it was worth it. I will do it again as well..
-----------------
Tim
09 Dodge Challenger SXT
08 G5 White
93 MX3 SE Red
94 MX3 V6 Black
95 MX3 V6 Blue/purple
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

If you guys can swing a bulk buy, I'd be down for another one, depending on price.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
mikeinaus

Post by mikeinaus »

i want one so bad. i probably could have drove down there and grabbed one if i wasnt too lazy to renew my passport. my only problem is its fibreglass and i bottom out all time time. i couldnt see it lasting with my driving habits. perhaps someone could talk them into a group buy on ones made with their new more durable materials. they were at $150 for at least a year before they put them on clearance.

im thinking im going to grab a used bumper and modify it similar to uksams. not as good as the MS but more durable and alot cheaper.
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

mikeinaus wrote:i want one so bad. i probably could have drove down there and grabbed one if i wasnt too lazy to renew my passport. my only problem is its fibreglass and i bottom out all time time. i couldnt see it lasting with my driving habits. perhaps someone could talk them into a group buy on ones made with their new more durable materials. they were at $150 for at least a year before they put them on clearance.

im thinking im going to grab a used bumper and modify it similar to uksams. not as good as the MS but more durable and alot cheaper.
At least for a year they have had them lowered in price.

They are a bit thin with the fiberglass but I am going to be reinforcing mine with some additional fiber and going to rubber under coat the bottom. the real MS bumpers were also fiberglass, just a tad bit thicker.

EDIT: UPDATE

I will have an answer by the end of the week on setting up some kind of deal through CS on making a few more. I cannot guarantee any promises on this guys. If it does go through I will be held responsible for setting up the GB, and the transaction of money through CS. So seriously how many people are completely serious about buying one of these. NO Maybes! this is "I have the money sitting there ready to go". I need a realistic count of who is going to be purchasing one, if all works out. I am not in this for making money this is just me dedicating time to helping out the fellow MX brotherin.

I am not sure on cost or shipping at this point I would assume that cost will be the same. It may be possible to for me to pick them up and ship them out as needed, we will have to work all of that out later. and Obviously we will have to set this up through the site MX-3.com, but we will wait until I hear back from them on it.

In the case that this does not go through I may be able to make a mold and make a few hand layed reproductions.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

I'd love another bumper, but money is the enemy as usual... If the BB lines up for a month or so down the road, I'll be able to commit with a down payment.

Honestly, if you end up making a mould and doing the reproductions, you could beef it up as much as you want. Not a bad thought, although it'd take you more time. :/
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

I'm in if this goes through.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”