Video: Jeremy clarkson from Top Gear liked the MX3!!!

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Nd4SpdSe

Re: Video: Jeremy clarkson from Top Gear liked the MX3!!!

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

I sit mostly straight up, but i'm almost 6ft, but shortish legs, so i'm farily close to the wheel. I sit where I can bounce my feet around, heel-toe easilly (on vehicles that are stick of course, but some cars don't have pedals set right for that), Arms with a decent bend. Car control is what I call going from lock to lock in a heartbeat and not fumbling over ones limbs.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
edger0587
antispam: No

Post by edger0587 »

kulluminati777 wrote:that was a pretty funny video anytime an mx3 get some kind of props i get a warm and fuzzy inside lol
Then you will love this. I was just searching for the most reliable cars of the last decade, and the MX-3 made the list. Here is the link http://www.gizmag.com/go/5657/
Elegant Beige 1992 Mazda MX-3 GS. CAI, Short throw shifter, 16" miata rims
1992 Mazda miata. Classic red, stock everything
RIP 1994 Mazda mx-3 RS

"Cats make terrible doctors"
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

edger0587 wrote:
kulluminati777 wrote:that was a pretty funny video anytime an mx3 get some kind of props i get a warm and fuzzy inside lol
Then you will love this. I was just searching for the most reliable cars of the last decade, and the MX-3 made the list. Here is the link http://www.gizmag.com/go/5657/
Yea, proly a 4cyl 5 speed with no ac, no sunroof, no power windows or locks. :)
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

Ryan wrote:I'm 5'10 too and I drive exactly like you describe as well. I can't stand the gangsta-seat-fully-reclined pose. First of all, you'd be a slinky against the pedals in a crash, and second, you look like a moron, and third, you have no control of your vehicle, fourth, you can't see anything.
I'm with this. I recently(last July) proved the slinky bit in a 2000 Ford Taurus as well... My girlfriend's car, and she sits way differently than I do. I adjusted the seat, but didn't adjust the pedals because well honestly, I drove it maybe 10 times. My right ankle took my solid 175 pounds square on the brake pedal, I thought I'd broken my leg in half. I also agree on the control factor, but it partly depends on the vehicle as well of course. I drive the '01 Mountaineer a bit differently, then again my a-- is almost a foot higher than the rest of me so that's understandable. I'll have my girlfriend take a picture of me driving Tracy when I get her back tomorrow(The car, I wouldn't leave my girlfriend at the Dealership-.-)

I do like to have my legs fairly upright when I drive though, and my back is always near vertical in the MX-3. I do ease the seat back on the freeway if I need to stretch though ;D
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”