Vecia's 1994 MX-3: UPDATE - 8/06/12 New Picture!

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Vecia
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Vecia's 1994 MX-3

Post by Vecia »

Agreed. I paid 24.00 USD for mine. Although I love it, wouldn't pay any more.
Dragon1212

Post by Dragon1212 »

Sisko182 wrote:More specifically:
http://www.speedhut.com/custom_gauge_di ... ber-39.htm

Still too expensive, in my opinion, for what they are. And the backlight is blue anyways. Pretty tacky if you ask me.
agreed but i like the fonts and stuff on those and if i bought the ones from speedhut they just look like the stocks, i like his because they look more modern without being the weird futuristic crap they seem fond of now. any they still black.
Oh hey vecia how hard was it to get those in there?
Worklog for the Blue One
Worklog for the KLZE
First Car, And My baby... $550 To buy and repair from Write-off... The radio and amp that was in it was worth more than that!!!.
Hunting For a Supra MKIV, but I'll never get one. Still Hunting.
Sisko182

Post by Sisko182 »

Vecia wrote:I saw some of the KPH ones but they were all in the green-blue indiglo. Yes, those are the ones on ebay. I've gotta say, pretty easy install and they matched up perfect. Was a little weary of that "gimmick" stuff but this was an awesome buy. Not too crazy about the provided switch and dimmer so this weekend I'm going to hard wire them into the instrument panel lights so I can adjust them through my steering column. Just a matter of bypassing the provided switch, wire direct and tap into the plug pin for the oem light bulbs.

$i$Ko

Ride:
1992 Midnight Purple MX-3
Worklog:

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=75646

Feedback
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=76781
Dragon1212

Post by Dragon1212 »

easy but i've never attempted to take my dash apart. That is what i was referring to.
I did read that.not ever gonna be clear on how to get the temp & fuel needle one on though...
Speaking of which i have to fix my dimmer switch i'm gonna look up a Few things on that but not tonight,

They look great Vecia
Worklog for the Blue One
Worklog for the KLZE
First Car, And My baby... $550 To buy and repair from Write-off... The radio and amp that was in it was worth more than that!!!.
Vecia

Post by Vecia »

It was easy man. Youre not taking the whole dash apart, just the front surrounding piece of the instruments and AC control but you have to remove the shifter trim as well. Once you have the trim out, you'll start seeing the screws you have to remove. The install itself took me about twenty minutes but then I had to figure out how to do the after market button and dimmer.. that was a pain because I hate after market buttons.

The new gauges simply slide over the needles after you take out the small screws. they seat on your old gauges perfect. The plastic clear glass is easy as hell to remove. Just a few clips.
Dragon1212

Post by Dragon1212 »

Vecia wrote:It was easy man. Youre not taking the whole dash apart, just the front surrounding piece of the instruments and AC control but you have to remove the shifter trim as well. Once you have the trim out, you'll start seeing the screws you have to remove. The install itself took me about twenty minutes but then I had to figure out how to do the after market button and dimmer.. that was a pain because I hate after market buttons.

The new gauges simply slide over the needles after you take out the small screws. they seat on your old gauges perfect. The plastic clear glass is easy as hell to remove. Just a few clips.
Cool Thanks!
Worklog for the Blue One
Worklog for the KLZE
Vecia

Post by Vecia »

Nothing new to report yet. I wired my car for a sound system with 4 AWG wire; standard 100 Amp fuse, platinum battery lug, capacitor, all grounded with #4 to the frame and mounted temporarily. I had an old Zapco iForce I-450 Amplifier that I mounted to the spare tire cover simply so my cheap, aftermarket speakers in the back would work. Sounds pretty good for a quick temp-fix and for nothing but mid and hi range speakers. Picking up a sheet of 3/4" MDF this weekend and going to start shaping the cargo area for something fierce. I'm actually excited about that particular mod :)

Engine Update:

Found a 1995 MX-3 Base with a B6 engine in it at the junk yard. Went first day and pulled a few things like the A/C Compressor, Alternator and Power Steering Pump. Also pulled the Valve Cover and the internals of the cams look mighty tasty and well treated. Second day, pulled the head and the valves looked a little dark but as I will be rebuilding this engine from the ground up, figured it wasn't anything I couldn't handle.

At any rate, bought the engine for 150.00 USD. Have it at a friends house right now so Saturday I will run by Harbor Freight and get a cheap engine stand and hoist so I figure by the fallowing weekend, I will be ready to start rebuilding the motor. I will post pics once I commence.

Side Note:

Also picked up a few odds and ends;

2 GS Bucket Seats (Driver side has a slight tare but nothing major)
Entire Hatch with Glass (Mine has a dent right where you put your hand to lift)
Door Lock Assemblies with the Solenoids (For Power Conversion)
Black Door Handles (Part of my whole Black and Red exterior theme)
Window Motors
Window Actuators
A/C Compressor (Mine took a dump, this one tested out great yesterday)
Valve Cover (The whole powder coat thing has got me itching to have it done)
and last but not least,
Power Window Door Panel Trim (Tan from the same GS I grabbed the seats: They will be black and grey when done)

Also received my JDM shifter. I will post a few pics of the car tomorrow as it is thus far.
Sisko182

Post by Sisko182 »

That is a lot of new parts for just a week or so... HOLY SMOKES GUS!
$i$Ko

Ride:
Worklog:

Feedback
Vecia

Post by Vecia »

LOL Not new; straight out of the junk yard. Gotta love Tax season in the US :)
Dragon1212

Post by Dragon1212 »

Vecia wrote:LOL Not new; straight out of the junk yard. Gotta love Tax season in the US :)
They New to your possession Yes?
Worklog for the Blue One
Worklog for the KLZE
Vecia

Post by Vecia »

Very true. sorry. :)
Sisko182

Post by Sisko182 »

Yeah, that's what I meant haha. That'd be pretty expensive to get a lot of those parts new. A lot of them would literally be IMPOSSIBLE to find new :lol:
$i$Ko

Ride:
Worklog:

Feedback
Vecia

Post by Vecia »

Photos of seats and misc. parts in wheel barrel. I know my pics suck but bare with me. I'm working on getting another camera so I don't have to use my phone.

Vecia

Post by Vecia »

Also forgot to post this one. One of the rarest parts I have ever found. It has a broken switch but I think I can fix it.

Vecia

Post by Vecia »

Here's some more pics. I took the night ones with a better camera. The back of the car is just the start. Still have allot to do today on it. Will post more tonight if I finish.

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”