Ontario and Quebec mega meet - May 15-16 - Who's Attending?

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Re: Ontario and Quebec mega meet

Post by Daninski »

January is just to scope the area out isn't it. The meet will be in the spring.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Finch
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by Finch »

yea january is just scoping out... but even the meet in the spring may be too cold for camping... personally i dont like camping until like june just because it gets too cold overnight
----"A Real Car has 3 Pedals"----

2007 Satin White Pearl Subaru Wrx 2.5L
2007 Blue Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5I Special Edition - Sold
1996 Black Mazda MX-3 RS - Sold for Part
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

How about if we book a motel? We could double up or something. One of those ground floor motels where you drive up to your door.
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Finch
Supporting Member

Post by Finch »

sounds like a good plan to me.. find a place thats nice and cheap.. i know of a couple of places right near the army base side of kingston... but im sure there is something cheap that is closer to downtown area
----"A Real Car has 3 Pedals"----

2007 Satin White Pearl Subaru Wrx 2.5L
2007 Blue Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5I Special Edition - Sold
1996 Black Mazda MX-3 RS - Sold for Part
Bigb22

Post by Bigb22 »

just wondering but how about we plan this for the summer alot of ppl will have the time to book of that day or weekend from work or what ever plans will be held so why dont we just do this in the summer or late spring
Bigb22

Post by Bigb22 »

just wondering but how about we plan this for the summer alot of ppl will have the time to book of that day or weekend from work or what ever plans will be held so why dont we just do this in the summer or late spring
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

I'd be up for a meet, but god if I know where I'll be next month, never mind the summer.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

A weekend before May 24 would be cheaper. And yes I am part Scottish. lol
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
7477th member.

mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

Daninski wrote:I am part Scottish. lol

OHHHHHHHHHHHH noooooooooooo!
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Just joking.

DEB
New owner of a "2008 Tiburon GT"
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Was it the gleam in me eye or the tilt in me kilt. :lol:
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
7477th member.

mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

The meet is in 4 days and there are only 3 on the list (FB).....this meet is to plan for a big meet of Ontario and Quebec MXers being held this summer.

We need all of your ideas......ya some are online already but we can talk better about it if we meet here.

Hey I know it is winter now...you do not need the MXs but we need the drivers.................

I want to see more people adding their names to the list on facebook or here please.

Finch (Brad) - is attending
mymx.3 (DEB) - is attending
MX3-4U2NV - is attending
_-Night-Shade- (Igor)_ - is attending
Daninski (Dan) - do not know yet
MX3 GSR for dummies (Steve) - do not know yet
kp2t (Krish) - do not know yet
Nd4SpdSe (Mike) - do not know yet
MX3-4U2NV

Post by MX3-4U2NV »

I was thinking a lot about this today, and I made some phone calls.

Should there be a lack of attendance from our Quebec counter parts, I am trying to arrange a back-up plan.

A Dyno-day, cheap, in Oakville. For as long as I remember I have been going to this same shop to do work, and get work done. I trust these guys with my cars' lives. They have built numerous drag vehicles, and others. Have even worked on some of Chip Foose's creations.

I think a dyno day in the spring would be pretty sweet, to see where we start this year. Then we can arrange another at the end before cars go away, to see what we achieved.

Your thoughts?

EDIT: we would/could obviously invite Probe, MX-6 friends, etc, too
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

Okay so we were at Kingston this weekend to check out possible locations. We have 2 at the moment. The general consensus is that this is gonna be a pretty big event and we should plan to make it a 2-day thing, come for the whole weekend, do the meet, have a night on the town, stay at a motel, etc. Deb even has a lengthy scenic cruise planned out.

The first location is Finch's suggestion, it's a parking lot by the lake. Plenty of room, should also be able to do a BBQ, has a nice view looking out at the lake. It's a little secluded from the city though.

The next is Deb's idea, which I personally like more. It's a park pretty much in town where you can drive right in, and be totally visible to people & cars that pass by :) It has BBQs too. Deb said that the Triumph club has their meets there, so we know it'll work. Very nice spot!

Just picture everything greener and without snow :P
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

The first area we looked at is Lake Ontario Park......the other area by downtown is called McDonald Park and right across the street you are able to swim.

I will soon put up a map of a cruise I think would be good but first I will drive it (I have already driven on these roads just not all in one shot). They are all paved..if your car is 1" above ground forget it. Beautiful views of Westport through to Godfrey, up to Parham over to Tamworth then south to Napanee. So once I try this out I will then put the map up with times and what each place has to offer e.g. restaurants, gas stations..........

I did suggest for a meet on Saturday then the drive on Sunday.........but for those who are going to be out late Saturday night.......may not feel like cruising although when Ottawa had theirs this is what they did. But we can do a meet in the park for 2-3 hours then go for the cruise..the cruise wouldn't be no longer than 3 hours but I will be looking into that.

Then we will need your feedback.

Then once a date is made.........to make this successful we will need ALL OF YOU to guarantee to be at this meet.

DEB
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

mymx.3 wrote:Then once a date is made.........to make this successful we will need ALL OF YOU to guarantee to be at this meet.
For an example:

Today I had lunch with my cousins and Aunts. My one aunt wants to have a 80th party for my uncle.........sooo I said that I can say yes for now B U T if the Ontario/Quebec Car Meet happens to be on the date of my Uncle's party.....I told them that I will not be there.

That is what you MX-3 people will have to do...honestly.

DEB

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”