[FS] Polyurethane Bushings

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Re: [FS] Polyurethane Bushings

Post by fowljesse »

I would rather skip other stuff, than see this take too long, or not happen, so I can get on board early next month.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
mx-3_4evr

Post by mx-3_4evr »

so it's on hold till next month?
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

No, he is accepting deposits...pay as soon as you can, because once we hit the required number of people we will be moving forward! Not everyone will be able to pay until mid march, but some (like myself) have already put their deposits in. He will hold them for 2 months, and if it hasn't happened yet, we will get a FULL refund through paypal.

Pay now if you have the money!
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

John is my new spokesman.

I would like to have the necessary number of deposits in within the month of March. If I don't have 10 by then I fear that I will lose hope. Paypal will allow me to refund your deposit and the fees for 60 days so I've made that the unofficial deadline from the date of the first deposit...which was John.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

^Haha. I just want this to go through very badly. My bushings are SHOT and my car handles worse than my RS did w/ stock springs and struts. I have ZX2's w/ GC's and better suspension, and the car handles terribly.

I NEED BUSHINGS - YOU ALL BETTER SUPPORT THIS SO I CAN GET THEM! :twisted:
nightfire

Post by nightfire »

I'll be sending my payment mid-march... consider it done. :)

One question though; it looks like there are a lot of people who only want the rear kits (like me) since we already have the control arm bushings. Is there a contingency for this? If we don't get enough full kit orders, how many partial kit orders would we need to make it still worthwhile?
- Gord
1996 MX-3 GS-ZE 2.5L 5spd
KLZE+LSD / Headers / KL02 VAF / Clutchmasters stage-I / Fidanza 9lb flywheel / Eibach Pro Kit / Tokico HPs / Urethane bushings & mounts / SSR Comp-C 16x7 / General Exclaim UHP 205/45R16 / Wilwood 13" brakes / Whiteline rear swaybar / Carputer / Software Crossover / Infinity components+subs / 41hz Tripath Amp9 / Trunk SLA batt / Keyless entry
mx-3_4evr

Post by mx-3_4evr »

I agree, I will send my down payment once I'm back from my Chicago trip. So mid March as well :D
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I've thought about this as well.

I'll break it down for you. The molds cost about $2800. That's all the molds to do the entire car. The bushings themselves are not too expensive but add them, the cost of the steel for sleeves, tooling to cut them, lube etc...the kit costs about $340 to make if I make 10 complete kits. If I make more the cost is divided over a larger number of sets and the price goes down.

Basically, 10 complete sets guarantees enough total revenue to make sure I don't lose money. So if less than 10 complete sets are sold, the number of partial sets would have to total the same overall revenue. The total revenue needs to come to about $3500 for me to go forward. So right now we have 3 @ $350 (the extra $20 goes to Paypal fees) so that's $1050 guaranteed. If 10 people wanted to order TTL's and Trailing Arms...that would be another $2500 and I would go ahead.

Don't be afraid to send in your payment for partial sets. If we don't get enough orders you will all get every penny back.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
nightfire

Post by nightfire »

wytbishop wrote:I've thought about this as well.

I'll break it down for you. The molds cost about $2800. That's all the molds to do the entire car. The bushings themselves are not too expensive but add them, the cost of the steel for sleeves, tooling to cut them, lube etc...the kit costs about $340 to make if I make 10 complete kits. If I make more the cost is divided over a larger number of sets and the price goes down.

Basically, 10 complete sets guarantees enough total revenue to make sure I don't lose money. So if less than 10 complete sets are sold, the number of partial sets would have to total the same overall revenue. The total revenue needs to come to about $3500 for me to go forward. So right now we have 3 @ $350 (the extra $20 goes to Paypal fees) so that's $1050 guaranteed. If 10 people wanted to order TTL's and Trailing Arms...that would be another $2500 and I would go ahead.

Don't be afraid to send in your payment for partial sets. If we don't get enough orders you will all get every penny back.
Gotcha.

Well, I'd be really surprised if we couldn't get enough people to cover your costs and then some. These are sorely needed components.. :) I bet there'll big a big surge over the next couple weeks.
- Gord
1996 MX-3 GS-ZE 2.5L 5spd
KLZE+LSD / Headers / KL02 VAF / Clutchmasters stage-I / Fidanza 9lb flywheel / Eibach Pro Kit / Tokico HPs / Urethane bushings & mounts / SSR Comp-C 16x7 / General Exclaim UHP 205/45R16 / Wilwood 13" brakes / Whiteline rear swaybar / Carputer / Software Crossover / Infinity components+subs / 41hz Tripath Amp9 / Trunk SLA batt / Keyless entry
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

I'm excited!
Cody
mx-3_4evr

Post by mx-3_4evr »

to spice up the thread, name down the people that put in their 1st payment on the 1st page :D
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I have done that in the BG thread.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

So far I have 3 deposits for complete sets:

Onlytrueromeo
Flyer
Tehbrookzorz

Romeo and Flyer paid on Feb 21 so the official deadline for payment is April 19. That's the day I will be getting home from Vegas. If I don't have enough deposits by that time I will refund everyone's payments.

Just a bump to keep it on the front page.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
94mx3precidia

Post by 94mx3precidia »

okay, ive started to scrummage up some cash. i should be able to have the deposit soon. to be honest i only posted to be kept informed in the GB thread.
1994 MX-3 GS KLZE, Probinator, Bully stage 1 (probe GT), B&M Short Shifter, 2 1/4" Custom headders back.
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

april 19? if thats the case ill be in fo sho yo for a complete kit more than likely!
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”