m3 mirrors opinions

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Stablo87

Re: m3 mirrors opinions

Post by Stablo87 »

zzzoomx3 wrote:agreed - problem is - many people are so concerned about proving someone wrong so they can be 'right' and feel better about themselves - usually this only turns into an embarrassing moment for them because they dont, oh, i dont know - read or listen what other people are saying about the subject at hand. here in dallas i've discovered and have come to realize that the cops will pull you over for whatever they want to - legal or illegal. just try and argue with them about it and try to prove THEM wrong - indeed.

to answer your question ryan - they are very hard to come by for the mx - only once a month or so are they up for auction - so whoever has them - i will try and get them...
Ive found out the same thing, i actually think its all of Texas cops.
Oh and about the whole reading thing check this out... viewtopic.php?f=21&t=65500" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

lol - oh i know, right - i saw that earlier today and just laughed!!
Stablo87

Post by Stablo87 »

Hey zzzoom, have you ever done an aluminum exhaust? and if you have is it hard?
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

no - you need to check out my tutorialon a stainless steel exhaust
npspears

Post by npspears »

hey zoom, have you checked out these mirrors? they don't have blue :lol:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-93-94 ... enameZWDVW
Stablo87

Post by Stablo87 »

Those look pretty spiffy
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Not to get off topic but did anyone investigate the projection headlites they advertised?
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

npspears wrote:hey zoom, have you checked out these mirrors? they don't have blue :lol:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-93-94 ... enameZWDVW

lol - yes i saw those and considered them - but i want the blue for when i do shows.
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

Daninski wrote:Not to get off topic but did anyone investigate the projection headlites they advertised?
they dont have projectors for mx3 - im thinking about making some myself based on what others have done, but that will be a while yet - i'm working on my sound system now..

as far as the mirrors go - i might just get the manual ones its not like i ever adjust them and i'm the ONLY person that drives my car...i havent adjusted my mirrors since i bought the car in dec. 06 :lol:
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

Could you not just swap out the LED/filter to make it blue? Shouldn't be a whole lot of work.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

i dont know - but its not the style i'm wanting.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

A little more about these: They are cheap for a reason. There are 2 pieces that are screwed together that are made of 2 pieces each that are melted together. Where they're screwed together doesn't match up, and where they're melted together, the seem looks bad. I did some scraping, and sanding, and mine look pretty good. I'm a perfectionist, who used to show cars. If you want to put these on a show car, you must do what I did. As I mentioned, I smoothed out the ridges, too. I could put up pics, if you're interested.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

oh! yes please! this is EXACTLY the kind of info i was needing - thats cool about the sanding and what not - being a perfectionist myself. thank you very much for the input and headsup - if they look good on the car the way im hoping - then i will get them - i still think they are pretty cool
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

I saw them on a HonduH two nights ago, the looked a little... longer, you know? Like they stuck out a bit. They looked out of place on his car, I hope it looks better on yours. He also drove with the blue on, and it looked like the xenon headlight blue.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I have a picture of these on the car of the guy I bought them from. It's in my inbox, and I can't get it to paste here. They just look smaller than stock, and since they're not tall top to bottom, they look longer.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan

Return to “Appearance”