What's your other ride???

Off-Topic Discussions
solo_ryder

Re: What's your other ride???

Post by solo_ryder »

zzzoomx3 wrote:yup - its a yamaha 650 - good eye :) - its a total custom job - made to look like the old school cafe racers.
Man I gotta show this to my buddy, he has a old 73 rd350 2 stroke Yamaha, header wrap and dumped bars! so cool!
Dark_Rider2k3

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

that's my other ride.

Has a LOT of work needing done, but it's on hold until I can get financially situated..
Volones

Post by Volones »

Mine are both arriving this Friday.
I am a very happy farmer. :D

1953 Allis Chalmers WD (27ish HP, 3-point hitch mod, aftermarket wide front conversion)
1951 Minneapolis Moline ZB (32ish HP, Front loader, custom rear wheel weights)

They look rough now, but they work hard and run great! I'll be restoring them to showroom condition after a few other projects get finished.
Current Hypermiler, future EcoModder.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

EPIC THREAD RESURRECTION!!!!!

So I'm beginning to think about toying with the idea of maybe purchasing a new, or close to new vehicle.

The options I am currently considering are...in no particular order:

2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T GT. 200hp, RWD...nice looks.

2013 Scion FR-S. also about 200hp, but a good bit lighter than the Genesis from what I read. Killer stying.

2007 MSP6 (there are 2 in nice condition at one of my local Mazda dealerships) Pure sex and less money than new, but a bit dated, very heavy and it has 4 doors and I'm not ready to feel old and responsible yet.

So I'm curious what you all have for other rides these days or what you'd be looking at if you were in the position to buy a new(er) car in today's market.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
RobMinhas
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by RobMinhas »

My other ride:
If I could buy any car right now I'd pick up an EVO IV I think. Those are some sexy cars.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

wytbishop wrote:EPIC THREAD RESURRECTION!!!!!

So I'm beginning to think about toying with the idea of maybe purchasing a new, or close to new vehicle.

The options I am currently considering are...in no particular order:

2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T GT. 200hp, RWD...nice looks.

2013 Scion FR-S. also about 200hp, but a good bit lighter than the Genesis from what I read. Killer stying.

2007 MSP6 (there are 2 in nice condition at one of my local Mazda dealerships) Pure sex and less money than new, but a bit dated, very heavy and it has 4 doors and I'm not ready to feel old and responsible yet.

So I'm curious what you all have for other rides these days or what you'd be looking at if you were in the position to buy a new(er) car in today's market.
This might bring some heat but either way i'd totally go with the FR-S, looks pretty good, will have great aftermarket support (it's already decent), and it has a center of gravity that compares to cars 5-10x its MSRP.

my other ride is is a 94 Toyota celica ST
it's slow as s--- and burns about a liter of oil every 3-4 weeks, but it has WORKING power everything/sunroof and runs shows no reliability issues even though it has 340xxx KM's on the clock.

Along with the free 92 GS i got that you guys know about, but that sits in the garage unused by me still....
Tavman_1213
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Tavman_1213 »

Mine is a 2004 Dodge Ram 1500. Haven't really done anything too it besides debadging it to clean it up alittle!

I would love to have a 2012 but the wife won't let me have on yet!!
93 White RS- BPT Built not bought!!
Worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=78988
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

wytbishop wrote: So I'm curious what you all have for other rides these days or what you'd be looking at if you were in the position to buy a new(er) car in today's market.
I can't find anything I'd want over a 04-05 mazdaspeed miata. And... I think I may be making that happen by next week :)
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I am leaning heavily in the direction of the FR-S....if it comes to buying a new car, but honestly that is an outside shot right now.

I am talking (i hope) to a local guy selling a V6 auto with a blown tranny that he says has no rust and wants $450 for. If I can get that I'll buy it, strip it to the bare metal, fix every thing and then slowly swap my stuff over to it. Would take me the rest of the summer to do but I think it would be the least expensive and the most rewarding emotionally...and the easiest to get approval from the wife.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

FR-S is nice, sat in one last week, it does remind me much of the Mx-3, especially with the seats down.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Drove the speed6 today. Didn't love it but did like it a lot. Its very heavy so the power is a bit muted but the interior is beautiful. The clutch is atrocious! It would have to go.

Also drove an 02' Miata. SOOO SMALL!!!! Not enough power but wow does it handle tight. Not the car for me though.

The search continues.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Speed6 is a bit big, but it's to compete with BMWs...

The first gen Speed3 with the MS suspension reminded me so much of my Mx3, surprised you haven't looked at those.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

It's also on the list.

Sadly because of the CN Rail strike the FR-S' have not been delivered to the dealers here yet. I was hoping to look at one today but no dice.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
BornSticky

Post by BornSticky »

this was my other ride but had to pay for refrigeration school
Imagealt="Photobucket"></a>[/url] sadly my commuter.... i feel really gay driving this... gf's old car
92 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE Curve Neck, Probinator ECU, Full 2.5" exhaust with headers, cai, performance radiator, millenia alternator, 5spd, excedy stage 2 clutch, MTX 12" sub sony explod D series 600w amp, pioneer 260w deck, kyb on dropzone springs, HEI mod.
92 Mazda RX-7 (efini) FD3S urethane motor mount, Air intake, 18" Chrome rims besides that stock. SOLD!
93 Mazda MX-3 GS laguna blue full exhaust, cai, kyb shocks R.I.P. stupid jeep driver!
#5389 to join MX-3.com
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

wytbishop wrote:Also drove an 02' Miata. SOOO SMALL!!!! Not enough power but wow does it handle tight. Not the car for me though.

The search continues.
it is anemic. I just picked this up on friday:

Sold the 99 miata, bought 04 mazdaspeed miata :)
The little turbo does wonders for the miata experience.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread

Return to “Off-Topic”