nsklzemx3 - 1993 MX-3 GS ***LONG MAY YOU RUN***

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
nsklzemx3

Re: nsklzemx3 - 1993 MX-3 GS

Post by nsklzemx3 »

Sorry outlaw but I'm keeping the cruise control...I'll need it to avoid more speeding tickets going to work every day on the highway :)
'93 MX3
A work in Progress
CURENT UPGRADES: Curved Neck KLZE/Option Import Headers/2.5" Exhaust/Valeo OEM Clutch/Yonaka Motorsports Gaskets & Silicone Tubing/Option Racing CAI/MBX Probe Addiction Wires/Fidanza Flywheel

My Aloha 8.2: http://s162.photobucket.com/albums/t258/1981aloha27/Aloha 8.2
Matilta 20
Cygnus 20
Code 40
OutlaW

Post by OutlaW »

damn .. ok, good luck on keeping out of trouble :wink:
K8 :: 136.8 bhp---160 nm---108.0 whp---118lbs/torque
ET: 15.567 @ 136 kmh (84 mph)
"Racing a Honda is like being in the special Olympics, you may win, but in the end your still retarded."
nsklzemx3

Post by nsklzemx3 »

OK finally we got the K8 out and tomorrow I'll clean up the engine bay and touch up any spots that need paint. Hoping to drop the ZE in on Sunday.

'93 MX3
A work in Progress
CURENT UPGRADES: Curved Neck KLZE/Option Import Headers/2.5" Exhaust/Valeo OEM Clutch/Yonaka Motorsports Gaskets & Silicone Tubing/Option Racing CAI/MBX Probe Addiction Wires/Fidanza Flywheel

Matilta 20
Cygnus 20
Code 40
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

I have that same engine stand! man you must be getting excited to get that thing in.
nsklzemx3

Post by nsklzemx3 »

It's finally in. So far all mounts are tight and the headers are on. Will complete the wiring, plumbing, vacuum etc., along with power steering, rad, throttle, cai etc and hopefully flash her up by Sunday :)

'93 MX3
A work in Progress

Matilta 20
Cygnus 20
Code 40
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

That looks so great! Nice touch with the stainless steel lines. They make those hoses look really important. I hope you put in a colorful CAI, oil catch can, and a yellowtop battery. You should make a Lexan hood!
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
nsklzemx3

Post by nsklzemx3 »

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
Had the engine running tonight. Straight headers with the stock intake, stock ECU and loads of oil still in the cylinders, but DAMN does it hit the redline fast! I've never put my foot into a KLZE before so I don't know if it's the lightened flywheel or the increased horsepower making her rev so quick, but I effin LOVE it!
Will spend the rest of the weekend doing the exhaust and CAI but will have to keep waiting for my chipped ECU in route on the damned pony express US mail. grrrrrrrr
Pics and vid to follow soon.
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA
'93 MX3
A work in Progress

Matilta 20
Cygnus 20
Code 40
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

nice work - for some reason I really like the yellow and black starter LOL! if you get a optima yellow top you will have all the colors standing out! :o
MX3-Life

Post by MX3-Life »

Very Pretty :) lol i love the little white "KLZE" real nice touch :love:
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

That thing looks awesome. Should be a fun time once you get it all plugged in!
Cody
nsklzemx3

Post by nsklzemx3 »

done done done

Have the CAI installed and used the cavity behind the left headlight to isolate the intake from the heat of the engine bay as much as possible (see pics).

Other than an ECU I have coming from Ryan the Probinator and a tip on the exhaust, this project is mostly done!
I had 3 ECUs and two MAFs to work with and found a combination I'm very happy with. If the chipped ECU from Ryan makes it work better, I'll be blown away!!

Here's a rough breakdown of what I spent...
Engine, axles, tranny and other pickins (donor car) $200.00 :P
Valeo OEM Clutch Kit $180.00
Fidanza flywheel $305.00
MBX Probe Addiction Wires $125.00
Yonaka Gaskets $140.00
MBX SS Clutch line $30.00
Option Import SS Headers: $90.00
Option Racing CAI (customized '93 Acura) $20.00
Precision Powder coating $300.00
Mazda Pulleys $180.00
Yello Zinc Plating $free ;)
Custom mandrel bent and welded 2.5" exhaust including 2.5" resonator & muffler $485.00
2.5" free-flow cat. $85.00
NEW Alternator $202.00
Timing/PS/Alternator belts $135.00
Misc (plugs, fluids, cap/button, filters etc) $200.00
Probably a few odds and ends I'm forgetting.
The way it pulls: $priceless!

I highly recommend this project to anyone who loves their MX3 and has a tired K08.
I figure I got away spending less than I would have rebuilding the K08 from the bottom up, and got kick-butt performance and lots of custom parts/touches in the process.

Will post final pics and a vid once a few final touches are done.

BTW....STAY AWAY FROM THE HID CONVERSION KIT ON EBAY! (japanimportshop)
The kit they claim is simple plug-and-play conversion is actually just low beam headlights. No high beams and no dtr lights. Your car wont even be legal with their "kit" unless you pay another $135.00 on top of the $99 the "starter kit" cost with shipping. I'll lose almost a hundred bucks even if I return everything.
THEY ARE RUNNING A SCAM!!!

Oh...one more thing about the CAI. I had at least two of everything from the donor/project cars and used the "crinkled" stock rubber intake piece that was fastened to the TB. I cut it between the first and second wrinkles and was able to stretch it over the TB side of the MAF. That was the only part of the CAI I was having trouble getting an adaptor silicone for (2.5" - 3.5"). As you can see in the pics, it worked like a charm. Everything else was simple 2.5" silicones.
'93 MX3
A work in Progress

Matilta 20
Cygnus 20
Code 40
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

so you are running a kl02 vaf? what is the ecu you were using that you were happy with??
nsklzemx3

Post by nsklzemx3 »

Mooneggs wrote:so you are running a kl02 vaf? what is the ecu you were using that you were happy with??
Damned if I can remember for sure, but I think it was KL07?
'93 MX3
A work in Progress

Matilta 20
Cygnus 20
Code 40
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

Congrads man! all the work and time finaly came together. I'm running the kl01 ecu with the kl02 vaf and it is great. works just as good if not better then the kl36. however the virs points are off. Waiting on a chip from ryan. :roll:

Have fun with it! I'll be down your way at the end of May. maybe we can meet up.

Kris
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Here's an idea for your CAI:
I bought a Stainless Steel Martini shaker at a thrift store, and cut the small end to fit the TB. The other end is already perfect for the MAF. It looks great, and makes a smooth transition from TB to IM, and cost $2.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”