Im done

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
se7en

Post by se7en »

ya, everything ended up fitting pretty good after all was said and done. this weekend I will clean everything up really well, and post some nicer pics.

btw: that back manifold was really a b!tch to get off!
1992 mx-3 GS-T, 10-12psi, T3/t4 hybrid, Turbosmart WG, AFPR, SSAC TURBO pipes, MSD Blaster coil, K&N, AEM W/B, MSnS(full standalone), 225Whp street tuned(10psi), 245Whp (12psi)(300bhp!!!)
1992 Fairlady Z(JDM RHD) 2+2 TT black(done!)700whp+
My Feedback
Don't Click Here! Trust me,Time waster!
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I aquired another ebay turbo.. yes yes i know guys.. why did i don it if its a waste bleh i told you so bleh.. i know!! I called the seller and told him my story, he told me the turbos they sell come warranted for 3 months, also that they come balanced.. i could care less if it lasts more than 3 months. I had to get it because i needed to drive the car to work and back.

The old turbo was bad..

by the way the turbo series are are generaly bad come with serial number K and some random numbers.

The sorta good ones have different features than the first generation ones.

The old ones only say ar 63 on the exhaust flange and thats it.

The new ones say that and plus some other numbers, The housing has stamped letterslike HHMM or something.

It has clearly printed serial numbers on the oil housing and the Y is clearly printed.

The old ones do not, I fired her up with the new turbo and smoke is gone.

Of course stil smokes a bit from the oil in the pipes.. there was alot by the way.. ALOT a thick layer of oil from the old turbo.

Anywho cars driving fine for now.

Im ordering a real garret from a local performance shop, 650 with warranty NEW.. I should have it by february , late march!

No i will not be keeping the ebay turbo even if it spins freelym and burns no oil.

Even the exterior looks a bit different.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
se7en

Post by se7en »

sell me the good ebay turbo when you get your garret!

I want to twin turbo my nova with cheapy ebay turbos, and buy a garret for my mx-3.

1992 mx-3 GS-T, 10-12psi, T3/t4 hybrid, Turbosmart WG, AFPR, SSAC TURBO pipes, MSD Blaster coil, K&N, AEM W/B, MSnS(full standalone), 225Whp street tuned(10psi), 245Whp (12psi)(300bhp!!!)
My Feedback
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I cant chant victory yet lol its barely been a day . it does seem to smoke BUT it only did it for a while. The pipe was full of oil. Im waiting to see how long it lasts and then so i can call the seller and tell him it didnt work. Im crossing my fingers it did. Spools up nice. This one does spin at idle, the others didnt.

I made a video of the non smoking one!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NSQvry2rYI

click there.

here is the CORE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsCknPJWv3E

CORE not the good one.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
hgallegos915

Re: Im done

Post by hgallegos915 »

ha... lasted exactly 1025 miles

now it smokes hehe..

warranty return :/
-hec

se7en

Post by se7en »

well, that sux :(

at least you have warrenty, good luck.

My Feedback
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

sending a new one, which wont work for long either lol.

I think it blew because i was on the hwy and the hose to the vaf popped out. I gunned it and was hitting one psi.. i probably topped the turbo to its top and bye bye seals.
-hec

se7en

Post by se7en »

geez, that sucks.

they are going to warrenty the turbo though??? good.

that part is good at least.
My Feedback

Return to “Forced Induction”