N/A High Reving big BHP setup?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

fieromx3 wrote:and im also not hating on V8's... are cadillac is a V8 and its fun to drive with alot of torque and im not generalizing! it just pisses me right off that it seems the smaller import engines are getting no respect.. bigger = more potential yes and even though if u put the technology into the v8 as the imports do theyd hav a s--- load of power.. but there not domestic engineers are just to stupid and put together a very inefficient engine.. u dont need torque when u have revs but when it comes down to it u gotta have either the torque OR high revs for ur application.. im not hating on the v8 guys at all what i was saying is the v8 guys heads are all filled that u need big to have a good car/engine and think the imported 4 and 6 bangers are pos jap engineering they get no respect.. and ya i know theres alot of 'import' ppl who hate on v8's and give them no respect which is rong an engine is as an engine as an engine but the v8 just have no engineering unless u go formula 1 which is why I PERSONALLY prefer the imported high revving very efficient engines thats just me idc what you guys like but ill get my own opinion in when import bashing starts saying when there a pos and V8 is all mighty king

oh and there is a guy here named JIM that has a B18c civic hatch and does 13.7-9

he also had an mx6 ze with bolt ons full interior and weight and did 13.6

K20 civics CAN do high 12's lower 13's even wityh crappy torque all u need is high revbs and the horsepower to follow along with it u dont need torque at all torque makes for a fun car and will get u going in low rpms thats about it
Lets not take this thread to seriously. I just didnt like the fact that you said that
"V8 ppl are just so closed minded and are often just the lazy asses who want power without having to know f--- all and wanna be cheap"

I know where your trying to get at. But ask yourself this, how many people do you see with built V6/4cyl N/A engines for high reving? Now, compare that to people with built N/A V8s?

Then ask yourself this, how much power does a built V8 have, compared to a 4cyl/6cyl?

And there is your answere. That is the main reason why import 4cyl/6cyl dont get respect. Not enough people with built N/A import engines and when they do have a built engine, they arent making as much power as a built N/A V8.

Really, the reason why Honda Civic hatchbacks run about .6 seconds faster then our cars also has to do to the fact that the technolgy in their engines are newer then the 12 year old Mazda/Ford K-series engines and Honda Hatchbacks are about 300lbs lighter then our cars. Plus, they do rev higher.

My point is, having higher revs is not the only reason why B18 Civics are faster.
A better comparision would be a B18 Integra vs. a KLZE MX3
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

And by the way, lets not forget B18 engines are about $5,000.

lol. I would rather have my KLZE engine I bought from EngineWorldUSA.com ($690 shipped). The sound of the V6. If I wanted to, I could match the price of the B18 with a turbo kit.

2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

umm b18's have been around for awhile..I wouldn't consider variable cam timing new technology. Its at least 15years old now.

Persoanlly a good exhaust on a b series Honda does sound pretty good. But i'm not here to argu with you guys. we have all made our own points 4 times now. give it up Juan.

and whats up with you..your coming in this thread and acting liek your "Mr Know it all" but when it does come to the kl engine all you do is ask stupid questions that we all laugh about.lol
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”