Failed Lambo door group buy...

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

monky20 wrote:i dont know if this has already been answered but how did u compansate for the bump in the A-pillar... in one of your pics it looks like the bottom of the driver door isnt closed properly, this is the same problem i had due to the A-pillar bump...i have the kit that was for sale on Ebay awile ago which is a peace of s@#t the doors dont close properly and it hits the inside of the fender and made a divit...your pics look realy familuar with the red mx3...but your design looks alot beter....im not accusing any one...but are u sure u arnt the same guy that sold them on ebay?...how do they work with the door panels on?...the cheepys i got dont work at all with them on...u said the mx door is light...do u have a power windo motor in them, or is it manual...sorry to ask so many question at once...but i have already been bitten once by cheep door kits and im just tring to warn every one here not to make the same mistake i made....WAIT TO SEE A FINISHED PRODUCT ON A CAR < WORKING WITH FENDERS ON AND DOOR PANELS INSTALLED
You got Shea's door kit. Totally different.. But I agree in I would like to see the car with the door panel on and fender on.
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
magiccowinuse

Post by magiccowinuse »

Yes, i cannot wait to see these completely done. Looking good so far.
1994 1.6L White MX-3 - Daily Driver
1995 Red MX-3 -Project
bgracing

Post by bgracing »

Hey,

Firstly, the kit installed on the driver side door is not the kit people are getting. That was simply a test kit we used to see what changes would be needed for the production model. Yes, there is a bump on the A-pillar which sticks out. We got around this problem by locating a cut out on our arm over this area then welding a support section over top of it. This allows the door to close fully without hitting that bump.

As for the pics, I guess we just happen to use a red car in our pics just like Shea did, but believe me, these are not the same kits, and we have never had any contact with this Shea guy whatsoever. Also, we have never sold any MX-3 Lambo Door Systems on Ebay. If we had before, we would not have needed time to design a kit. Also, they work fine with the door panels on, I had the door panels removed as it was necessary for me to remove them to remove the door catch.

Also, we will get pics of the kit with the fenders on and everything, but like I said, we were waiting for the revised parts to show up as the new design compensates for any problems we had with the Test Kits. Also, I would like to point out that Jarid is going to be doing an install on his car before anyone commits to buy these systems.

Thanks,
Kyle Wesley
Xtreme-Doors
monky20

Post by monky20 »

Yeah i have shays sh!$y kit... I can tell so far from your design u put more thought into these, it i does look good...if you guys can get a realy nice final...then i got a stack o'cash waiting for you for 3 kits...you will excuse me though if i am on the defence. keep those pics comin
nope-mx3

Post by nope-mx3 »

This is very interesting.

Hope it`s a second groupbuy when the kit is finished and everyones a happy camper :)

-n
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::
Spotted

Post by Spotted »

Ok, so all this is really great. Tons of pics and a lot of videos. Can we finally get a pic/video of both the 90 and 60 with the fenders on the car? Or does this car have no fenders?
Please!!
:welder:
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Well I will hopefully have the first kit by the end of the week and will be installing it ASAP to see how things look BUT Id love pics and a vid too!
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
OROutdoors
Supporting Member

Post by OROutdoors »

cjthor wrote:Well I will hopefully have the first kit by the end of the week and will be installing it ASAP to see how things look BUT Id love pics and a vid too!
If you will be installing it this weekend, do you need any help? I'd love to help out and/or observe when you instal them, after all, I will be installing them too. Or, hey -- how about we video tape the installation and then post it?
Oregon Outdoors
92 mx-3 GS lowered, CF hood
2013 Mazdaspeed3
magiccowinuse

Post by magiccowinuse »

great idea...do i video install guide. Seeing as you are installing it before anyone you might as well.
1995 Red MX-3 -Project
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

magiccowinuse wrote:great idea...do i video install guide. Seeing as you are installing it before anyone you might as well.
This would mean I have to clean the garage!!! LOL.
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
magiccowinuse

Post by magiccowinuse »

haha as do we all :D spring is here
1995 Red MX-3 -Project
bgracing

Post by bgracing »

Hey everyone,

We will get pics and videos of the kit installed with the fenders on, but as I said we were waiting on the revised parts to get here as the test kits did not allow it to work properly because of the narrow fenders and the unique shape of them. We received all but one of the Parts Late Friday, and will be receiving the final part tomorrow. Once this part comes in, it will be welded into place, and Jarids kit will be finished and shipped out. The part we are waiting for is the second piece in the two piece arm assembly. These kits feature a stepped arm design to allow it to close properly and seal perfectly and not hit the bump in the A-Pillar.

So again, as soon as the kit is shipped, I will let you all know.

Thanks again and cant wait to see these kits installed on all of your MX-3's.

Kyle Wesley
Xtreme-Doors
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

EXCELLENT. I expect this kit should be in my hands by Friday... ANYONE interested in helping install/seeing the install is MORE than welcome to my house this weekend. Im in Northeast Portland Oregon..PM me for directions. BYOB!!
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
monky20

Post by monky20 »

so i assume that once it is finished the it will also be avalibe on your site to the public?
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

monky20 wrote:so i assume that once it is finished the it will also be avalibe on your site to the public?
good assumption. It will be available a few months after the group buy is done.
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)

Return to “Appearance”