Turboed Mx3 with FE3N @ the track 10.8 @ 129

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
Paradox MX-3

Post by Paradox MX-3 »

Good Job guys
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

you all are making me want to diss my sohc boosted project and throw in a FE3. AT least i'll have both BOOSTED BP AND FE3
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
Bo0sted_Rafi

Post by Bo0sted_Rafi »

Well, i make it because, i only know about one mx3 with this engine. Other thing is, with only forged pistons, yo can get 500whp without problems. Yo dont need to spend 800$ aprox in forged rods. I only got forged pistons and a 65mm TB in the engine. The others parts are bolt on. No aftermarket cams, sprockets, headstuds, or something. This engine if any got money to spend in it, you can get 600whp+ with some right mods.

We got one with 512whp with the same work (pistons and TB) the diference between us its he had a GT35r
Custom_V6_Limited_SE

Post by Custom_V6_Limited_SE »

What exhaust manifold are you using and what modifications exactly did you have to do to make it fit? You replaced a K8 with this right? I'm interested in getting as much information about your swap as possible from idea to reality and everything between. Things like, did you have to modify the motor mounts?...
'93 MX-3 GS SE:My Mods
Bo0sted_Rafi

Post by Bo0sted_Rafi »

Well, i made the first swap with a bp engine with a kia sephia tranny, i got problems with that engine and i find a FE3 very cheap. We make a custom motor mount because now we using the FE tranny but we r using the kia differential (4.10) with that we can use the same axles just make a custom work to fit the passenger axle to the engine block. The rear engine mount its the same, just make the front engine mount and modified the engine mount arm in the timming belt mount. This tranny only use 2 mount, not like the bp tranny.

IMO, if you got somebody who has the welding machine and time obviously, the money, anyone can fit the engine in a mx3 enginebay. Im using the BP engine turbo manifold custom made, but im gonna sell it in the next month. if anyone has interest in it. let me know

Return to “Forced Induction”