sept 16th @ 2pm... end of summer big meet at oshawa beach

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

i guess my probably not should b upgraded to a maybe....
Ajax Mazda has my car for a ball joint, so i have their Mazda3 till they're done. apparently there's multiple sizes for the 93 year...they've ordered 3 and still havn't found one to fit.....
:shrug:
i keep the car till i get mine back
ovendenk
Supporting Member

Post by ovendenk »

right now here's the list of people that seem to be going. getting better, but still a couple of locals who haven't peeped up.
1. ovendenk
2. mymx.3
3. spinkx79
4. mx3grlsikride
5. shawno
6. mx3autozam
7. inthemaking
8. msequence2

fieromx3 (maybe)
deimos (maybe)
mx3 gsr for dummies (maybe)
nd4spdse (maybe)

jschrauwen ?? (not sure what a wink means)
bochek ?

btw, deimos it took 4 tries before they ordered the right ball joint for my 93. stupid to change design mid-year.
kevin (aka The Oven)
93 mx-3 GS KL-ZE with KL31 cams and properly chipped ecu
All mods are on my website: http://ca.geocities.com/ovendenk
MX-3.com Worklog: http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=48462
Bochek

Post by Bochek »

im not going to make it to this one, too much stuff to get done.

Sorry.

Bochek
Adam Bochek's 93 1.6L SOHC http://www.bochek.ca/car.gif
kp2t

Post by kp2t »

Ian, you gotta get the same kind as mine, it is the smaller ball joint which comes for the 92 mx-3z, well its not ur call since its at mazda!

which tie rod did u need replacing, inner or outer
ImageImageImageImageImage
kp2t

Post by kp2t »

I was lucky I got it on the second shot :)
ImageImageImageImageImage
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

outter

krish, pm me directions to that junkyard that we went to around u'r place.
i need a few things
ovendenk
Supporting Member

Post by ovendenk »

so, krish are you coming to the meet tomorrow?
kevin (aka The Oven)
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

OK GIRLS AND GUYS

Tomorrow at 2pm we will meet at Tim Hortons on Thickson Rd, Oshawa.

From the east ... turn off on Thickson Rd. Exit 412 and at stop light turn right and Tims is right there on the right.

From the west ... turn off on Thickson Rd. Exit 412 and turn left or North .. go over Hwy 401 and then you'll see Tims on your right.

Then by 2:20pm we can all drive together and go on Hwy 401 East to Exit 419 Simcoe St. Go South all the way to the end of Simcoe and you are at the beach ........ yippeee!!!!!!!!

lol

THERE ARE ALOT OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE NOT ANSWERED YET ... ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS SAY "YES" OR "NO" ... GOD IT'S NOT THAT HARD TO DO ... GEESH

Thanks!!

DEB
New owner of a "2008 Tiburon GT"
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

mymx.3 wrote:OK GIRLS AND GUYS
Tomorrow at 2pm we will meet at Tim Hortons on Thickson Rd, Oshawa.
From the east ... turn off on Thickson Rd. Exit 412 and at stop light turn right and Tims is right there on the right.
From the west ... turn off on Thickson Rd. Exit 412 and turn left or North .. go over Hwy 401 and then you'll see Tims on your right.
Then by 2:20pm we can all drive together and go on Hwy 401 East to Exit 419 Simcoe St. Go South all the way to the end of Simcoe and you are at the beach ........ yippeee!!!!!!!!
lol
THERE ARE ALOT OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE NOT ANSWERED YET ... ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS SAY "YES" OR "NO" ... GOD IT'S NOT THAT HARD TO DO ... GEESH
Thanks!!
DEB
No need for me to commit to something that's cast in Jello. No specifics as to what's available at the beach area. No mention of facilities - bathrooms, restaurants, designated parking areas, etc etc etc. Not until today with specific directions to specific pre-meeting place, and exact timings. Is the area condusive to a car club function?
Now that there's some details nailed down I believe I will attend. There was a possibility that my daughter may be spending an extra day (Saturday) with me from North Bay - whereupon we'd take her new MX out for her first test drive / driving lesson on an MTX.
Like I said before, no need to misslead anyone and no need to post an "I don't know" when it serves no value. BTW, didn't we already go through the rationale of Saturday (day) vs Sunday (day) meets. WRT, people/students etc working on Saturday (days) and more people being available on Sunday's. All these queries as to why there's been little response to this meet - well, perhaps this could be the caveat.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
ovendenk
Supporting Member

Post by ovendenk »

jschrauwen wrote:No need for me to commit to something that's cast in Jello. No specifics as to what's available at the beach area. No mention of facilities - bathrooms, restaurants, designated parking areas, etc etc etc. Not until today with specific directions to specific pre-meeting place, and exact timings. Is the area condusive to a car club function?
Now that there's some details nailed down I believe I will attend. There was a possibility that my daughter may be spending an extra day (Saturday) with me from North Bay - whereupon we'd take her new MX out for her first test drive / driving lesson on an MTX.
Like I said before, no need to misslead anyone and no need to post an "I don't know" when it serves no value. BTW, didn't we already go through the rationale of Saturday (day) vs Sunday (day) meets. WRT, people/students etc working on Saturday (days) and more people being available on Sunday's. All these queries as to why there's been little response to this meet - well, perhaps this could be the caveat.
john, never have i seen mention of facilities in a thread for a small meet like this. if it were an organised event like MOM or something, i would understand, but this is just a buch of people getting together to shoot the sh*t and what not.

as for what's available, it's a parking lot at a beach. there will be sand, water, pavement, and mx-3s hopefully. we're off the main roads and we're not gonna have loudspeakers and a band playing or anything, so i doubt we'll have any issue with this place beind condusive.

i'm sorry about it being on a sat, i wasn't originally plannin on being in toronto this weekend and it takes me about 4 hours to drive down to toronto. i don't want to drive home in the wee hours of the night on a sunday when i have a 3hr lecture at 8:30 on monday. besides businesses are open on sundays too so that means people are working on sundays too.

i'm sorry if i've upset anyone by not having the itinerary and seating arangements ready weeks in advance for this. i was just hoping to get together with a bunch of you guys before the summer was done. i didn't know things had become so formal even for a simple get together.

i hope to see a bunch of you guys tomorrow. i am leaving for toronto now and will try and check on this thread whenever i can.
kevin (aka The Oven)
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

No need to apologize Kevin ...

See you tomorrow......

DEB
New owner of a "2008 Tiburon GT"
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Not going to make it, sorry....
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Simple get together? ........ Oooops, my mistake. I was going by the thread title "sept 16th @ 2pm... end of summer big meet at oshawa beach" I must have read more into this than there was when I saw "End of summer BIG meet". Usually the simple weekend get togethers are no more than 1 to 1.5 pages long as opposed to this current one which will be into page 5 before the actual meet. Lots of pages for a small meet. I'm glad to hear that someone has already been to this particular beach place (that has no particular name), scoped it out to ensure that it will meet our small meet needs. One must always ensure these questions are asked, confirmed, resolved and/or approved when organizing a function of any sort in a public/community place or vicinity. It wouldn't be the first time I've seen organized get togethers at public facilities been asked to leave or denied access because of missing pre-arrangements/approvals. A simple email to the parks department of that facility stating your intentions is all that would be needed. They either say yay or nay ....simple. Hard copy of the approving email is your insurance of a hassle free meet. I hope things go off without a hitch. It's a long trek from Ottawa for a simple get-together ....LOL :wink:
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
msequence2

Post by msequence2 »

Jay .. hehe you are a nerd. heeh lol
Spinkx79
Supporting Member

Post by Spinkx79 »

For anyone who may want to know about the location:

The parking at the actual beach is small and by 2 will prob be quite full with people out for a stroll and/or others who bring their cars out on nice days. Its a pretty good motor head spot during the summer, more muscle cars then imports, lots of peelin tires and burnouts. Man i miss my Trans Am :cry:

If it turns out it is to full to fit our sub 10 car meet, then there is a larger parking lot 15 sec up the road, still within the grounds of the park. You will all see it as you have to drive by it to get to the actual beach it is on your right hand side.

There is a Snack bar open during the summer where you can get fries drinks and Ice Cream, I not sure if its still open but... there is a Timmies, a Pizza Pizza, a Swish Chalet, and a Coffee Time all within a 10 minute drive.

C U 2Morrow :wink:

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”