Beware stainless brake lines..

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

mazdamx3sohc wrote:you fyi is not necessary, moron. and whats in my signature is a joke between me and my friend. i think your taking this whole thing way to serious, therefore, you have no right to confront me about my age.
You should be careful who you call a moron... I was SIMPLY stating that Corksport has been around a long time and always stood behind their work.
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

OK ok ok ok take it easy now.. Everybody relax.. I dont want any fighting in here. We all have mx-3's therefore were forced to be friends. :)
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

Well Corksport is replacing them right..Just get the new one and put it on. Hopefully it doesn't happen again. It may ahve been a faulty line. I doubt its a quality issue and there crappy lines. I know many people using these without problems. I also have there clutch line and neverhad a problem with that.

John
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

Grants wrote:If CS want to have an online presence they need to be able to respond to issues like this quicker. If that means taking on another staff member, so be it. Either that or get the business the hell off the internet. A week is too long. It is disgraceful.

Franko, I'm glad your alright and remaining reasonable about this. Lucky it happened to someone who knew how to respond and pump the brakes. Imagine if it was someone else who had no clue and we had a funeral on our hands?

Wonder how CS would have responded then?
:werd:... business standard ANYWHERE is 3 business days to get a response. if they're SO swamped with an excess of customer volume that it takes a week for a response, then surely they are both understaffed and taking in enough revenue to hire more employees. and at thier prices, i can't see them not being able to afford more staff.

i'm glad you and your ride are ok too, franko
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

its ok, i just didnt like the fact that you were pretty much calling me an invalid teenager, just cuz im 19. I know a good amount for a 19 year old. franko you still have the best mx3 imo, keep it up.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Franko wrote:Here is the install on the driver side rear. It was exactily the same on the other side where it broke. It dosent look like its under any stress at that joint to me.
A little fuzzy but you can see the curve...
At the time of that pic it doesn't appear so, your right. The question is, is there enough cable left in that bend for the complete travel of the suspension - compression and rebound? Only a minimal amount is necessary btween the caliper and the strut for the full unfettered rotation of the steering wheel - lock to lock.
As you can see from mine, the caliper run to the strut is not very excessive. However in the background you can see a substantial amount of looping from the strut downward and then back dissappearing to the frame connnection point.

Sorry, I should scale these pics down, but the resolution works well.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

holy crap Franko I had the same problem except I didn't notice right away and my brand new Enkie rims got brake fluid on them and it stripped the paint off, MF, $80 brake lines cost me $1000 rims, and I got mine from corksport but they were the goodridge brand. ok ranting over.
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE
wickedmx3

Post by wickedmx3 »

I am glad to hear that you ok Franko, who else would I go to for advice if you were not around???

I am glad that you also came in to state that you knew CS would take care of you. The fact is that they will. I have been dealing with them for years, sometimes they are slow, sometimes it takes forever, but in the end, they always have taken care of me and like you already stated, they will take care of you.

It could have been the install, it could have been part, it could have been the rat that was hanging out with the piece until it was taken out of the crate and sold to you, it could have been the devil, it could have been God giving you a scare so you know how precious life is. And maybe all the CSI detectives here and around the world will one day figure out what happened.

You ok, thats the important part.
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

dam dood! i dont know how i didnt see this thread but im glad you made it out ok. im sure brake fluid on your tires didnt help you stop either.

i got some goodridge lines that are approved for pretty much the same price as corksport lines. goodridge lines are dot, tuv and iso9002 approved.
JM1EC-V6

Post by JM1EC-V6 »

An interesting thing is that Corksport doesn't make them at all. These lines are made by ''techna fit'' http://www.techna-fit.com .

I got one set on my 1994 GS and they start to tear at the same place as you. I'll check them more often though ...

I'll post pics of that as soon as i can.
'94 Mx-3 GS-R SE, KL-ZE Interprep. (From '96 PGT KL)
1110Kg
-Interprep KL31 Spec.
ported heads, Polished combustion chamber,3 angle vlv job,10.3:1 C.R.,0.020'' O.S.,KL31 cam,-0.007'' heads,Long neck IM,KL31 TB, Hotshot headers,2.25'' exhaust,Magnaflow cat
ImageImageImage
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

JM1EC-V6 wrote:I got one set on my 1994 GS and they start to tear at the same place as you. I'll check them more often though ...
Roughly after how long or how many kms did this start to happen?
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”