At this time, are you a Present, Past, or Future MX-3 Owner?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions

At the time of reading this poll, are you a Present, Past or Future MX-3 Owner?

I Currently Own an MX-3
91%
I Have Owned an MX-3 in the Past
5%
I Hope to Own an MX-3 in the Future
4%

Total votes: 306

wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

had my 93' RS for 3 years before it was tragically written off. I have had my 94' GS for a few months now.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
somorecords

Post by somorecords »

recently bought a 92' GS from my boss, easily the best car i have ever owned. 146,000 miles been through hell and back with a neglecting owner and still runs great (my boss admited to driving it until it started ticking before she changed the oil, she never cared about it and had abandoned it in her back yard when i bought it)
jason5151

Post by jason5151 »

i had 92 black gs for 1 year and half then crazy woman hit me ,now i own 96 black gs v6 1 week after the accident! now had this car for about 2 months and trying to work out general maintenance bugs
1996 mx-3 black 1.8 v6
pareeann

Post by pareeann »

I have a silver 94 MX-3, 5-speed. I bought it 10Sept 2006, THE most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. When it dies I will definitely find another :)
Second-chances

Re: At this time, are you a Present, Past, or Future MX-3 Owner?

Post by Second-chances »

Hi guys, i know this is an old thread but it seemed like the most appropriate for my first post... i can proudly say that i am a past mx3 owner but also a future one as i would like to get one again and this time do things properly..hence the nickname
(Second-chances) :wink: It was a red 1.5l auto that had been converted to manual (although it was not done properly) and i had to sell on because the car was not idling properly (i.e. the revs would jump when i was stopped at traffic lights or the engine would shut down while on the move :shock: ). so the mx3 had to go but now, i have managed to save enough money while driving around in a 94 astra its time to sell up and get me a v6! Sorry for the long post but i wanted to explain myself to avoid any confusion. Also i would like to figure out exactly what went wrong with my first one as up to this day im still not sure!

George
ITS ALL ABOUT SECOND CHANCES
SKDoug

Post by SKDoug »

I've fallen into the current/about not to be, but the love still stays for the MX-3. Currently I have mine tucked away on my driveway waiting for a new owner, if only the damn clutch hadn't of gone, lol, I'd still be rockin the MX-3. A great car tho, the one I currently have, I've had since 2001 and before that I had a different one for a couple years but that one got wrecked, so I bought another off my friend, funny how things workout like that!
Mazdaspeed96743

Post by Mazdaspeed96743 »

I have owned an MX-3 in the past but I hope to own an MX-3 again in the future..
mudflap13

Post by mudflap13 »

currently own 93 rs 1.6 16 valve red auto has only 100949 miles on it owned since nov of last year its not as fast as my blown big block camaro but handles better and only uses about a 30th of the gas he he lol :love:
LIFE IS A SEXUALLY TRANSMITED, TERMINAL, DESIESE. AND WE ALL SUFFER FROM IT.
coltfoet5

Post by coltfoet5 »

92 MX-3 GS SE with a ZE
nightridergsr

Post by nightridergsr »

All of the above? Sup all. I was previously registered under a different user name. My account went inactive or was banned for inactivity and i was unable to login after a certain point. I was unable to get old account working, I have, however, managed to reregister under new username. Anyway, my old username was Jdawgmx3er. My new is nightridergsr. If you wish to remove Jdawgmx3er, its cool, if you wish to remove both, well I guess that's cool too. I would prefer to use nightridergsr as my new username if this is ok.

But, yeah, I kinda lost touch with forums for a while, I never really posted that much. However, I did spend many hours reading threads, and searching the site for info. I just didn't post that much. I've learned much about the MX-3 over years from this site. Always a big help, because theres so much info here about MX-3's And so many knowledgeable members. Very well put together site, much props.

So anyway I have this "MX-3 project". Was my girfriend's car, and of course I was its demise. I've always been hard on cars, guess that's why I learned how to work on them. So yeah I blew the headgasket in her MX-3 ;; At least I paid it off for her ;;

Long story short, car turned into project car. Over the course of a few years I bought MX-3 parts here and there, many of them never got installed, due to time, money, and my mechanical resrictions. Blew the head gasket, so I took it off the road and made room for it in the garage I have outback my house. Have it all stripped down and gutted, motor is out, garage full of parts old and new.

The plan was, or still is, to get it out to paint, get ZE in, and get all these parts I have on it. Now, unfortunately I am at a stand still, because of various personal reasons, (had a daughter for one, and on a side note congrats to Jeff I believe it was that had a son, even though we dont really know each other, and he may not read this, grats anyhow ^^)

So at this time I am unable to afford paint (a paintjob worthy of the project) , and I am unable to afford a ZE. I dont know how far down the road it will be until I will have the time and money to finish the MX-3, if even ever. It saddens me to think of all the time I have spent working on it, and all the money I spent on parts that never got installed.

But, sooner or later comes time to make a decision, It may be time for me to focus more on my family, my career, and other things, rather than spend all my time on computer, playing video games, or in garage working on projects, heh. I'm middle aged, well 30ish, and let's just say, my life at this point, isn't quite what I had planned it to be.

So there's some of my story. Wanted to put it out there. Shoot me pm with some feedback, if you got time. Real name is Jason, hence - JdawgMXer >< (RIP) aka - nightridergsr
glow

Post by glow »

still ridin' my 94 GS auto tranny
94 GS
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Gots three, 92 GS for sale, a mint 95 GS paid $600 the car was babied, 96 GS nice shape paid $300 had blown engine so I ZE'd it. Like to go down south and buy a no rust MX-3 GS and drive it back.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Re:

Post by jschrauwen »

jschrauwen wrote:11 years of proud ownership at just under 300,000kms and running just fine.
Just over 13 years now and it's up for sale. :(
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
taylor_matt

Post by taylor_matt »

I currently own a 95 Mazda mx3 precidia, 1.6 l
IMACHU2

Post by IMACHU2 »

Tough question for me. You see, I am building a 1994 Mazda 323. I bought a 1994 MX-3 for parts. I am putting a KLZE in my 323!
My 323 will have more MX-3 parts then anything else. My car will be 80% MX-3, so do I still own a MX-3 based on content percentage??
:D
Dominic Toretto's whip is a MaZda and his cell phone number starts in "(323)"
My work log http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=72471

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”