2006 9th Annual Mississauga Mazda MX-3 Meet

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.
Selecta

Post by Selecta »

Yup....so lets say around 8ish?
Friends are just enemies who lack the testicular fortitude to kill you.

I'm a 2min man in a 1min universe

94 GS - KLZE, Spec2 Clutch, Fidanza 9lbs FW, 2 1/4 full magnaflow exhaust. 145WHP / 147WTQ
Flashpoint2

Post by Flashpoint2 »

put me down as a "most likely" for the 21st. Anyone else from Niagara considering going?
1996 MX-3 RS - Sold.
2004 RX-8 GS - Yay!
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Here's a few possibilities of potential meet locations. Unless there is absolutely no dialogue left to support the need to move the event to a location that would encourage a country cruise. Something which is completely unfeasable to accomplish from the Promenade. http://www.mississauga.ca/portal/reside ... mId=300015

Meadowvale Conservation Park
Meadowvale Conservation is located at 1081 Derry Road West at the end of Second Line just north of Old Derry Road.
The park offers fishing, three picnic areas, one comfort station, barbecues and flat open spaces for game with a nature trail. There is parking available for 100 vehicles with 2 disabled persons parking spots.
Group picnics with more than 25 people require a permit in order to reserve an area on a per day basis. For more information or to reserve park space please call the Customer Service Centre at: 905-615-4100

Area A and C have shelters
Area A seat 75
Area B seats 100
Area C seats 100

Erindale Park
Erindale Park is located at 1695 Dundas Street West. It features 5 picnic facility areas, 2 barbecues, 6 comfort stations, 2 playground equipment areas, a lookout, a toboggan hill, a footbridge and a pond.
This park also offers walking trails perfect for hikers, joggers, cyclists and cross country skiers, as well as fishing, and canoeing. There is parking available for 400 vehicles with 4 disabled persons parking spots.
Park permits are required for wedding photography between Friday and Sunday with a fee and parking is limited to 4 cars per permit. Group picnics with more than 25 people require a permit in order to reserve an area on a per day basis.
Picnic area A seats 500 people with 2 barbecues and 1 port-o-let. Picnic area B seats 200 people. Picnic area C seats 25 - 60 people. Picnic area D seats 25 - 60 people with 1 port-o-let. Picnic area E seats 100 people with 1 port-o-let. Photo areas 1 & 2 - Park permits are required for wedding photography. For more information or to reserve park space please call the Customer Service Centre at: 905-615-4100

Wildwood Park
Wildwood park is located at 3430 Derry Road East at the corners of Derry Road and Goreway Drive.
Malton Arena is located in the north end of the park with one ice pad and two meeting rooms and the Malton Tennis Club. The remainder of the park is located to the south of the main parking lot and can be accessed by the one-way ring road that circles the picnic area.
The park has walking trails, basketball courts, bocce courts, lit major soccer field and a minor soccer field, two lit softball diamonds and cricket pitch. There is also a CF-100 aeroplane, legion gardens, two picnic areas with shelters, six barbecues, one comfort station, children's play area with equipment and open spaces and views of Mimico Creek. There is parking for 120 vehicles with 4 disabled persons parking spots with overflow parking available at the arena.
Group picnics with more than 25 people require a permit in order to reserve an area on a per day basis. For more information or to reserve park space call the Customer Service Centre at: 905-615-4100.
Picnic Area A seats 400 with a shelter area that seats 100, has a barbecue and water availability. Picnic Area B seats 250 with a shelter area that seats 100 and also has a barbecue and water availability.

Huron Park
Huron Park is located between Queensway West and Dundas Street West at 830 Paisley Boulevard West. Access to the parking lots is from Queensway West and Paisley Boulevard, near St. Jerome School.
The park has 4 picnic areas, 4 barbecues, a splash pad and washrooms are available at the Community Centre. Water is also available. Group picnics with more than 25 people require a permit in order to reserve an area on a per day basis.
Picnic Area A - Seats 75 people with a barbecue
Picnic Area B - Seats 75 people with a barbecue
Picnic Area C - Seats 75 people with a barbecue.
Picnic Area D - Seats 75 people with a barbecue
For more information or to reserve park space please call the Customer Service Centre at: 905-615-4100

Mississauga Valley Park
Mississauga Valley Park is located at 1275 Mississauga Valley Blvd. This park is widely used for large group picnics as well as various sports clubs.
While it is an extensive greenbelt trail system, it also houses the Terry Fox Fitness Centre, arena, indoor pool, splash pad, volley ball, tennis courts, bocce courts, lit soccer field, lit football field, lit baseball diamond, one comfort station, two playground equipment areas, one picnic shelter, four picnic areas and four barbecues. There is parking available for 196 vehicles with 2 disabled persons parking spots.
Group picnics with more than 25 people require a permit in order to reserve an area on a per day basis. Picnic Area A has a shelter for 100 with a barbecue and a water source beside Area C. Picnic Area B seats 300, has a barbecue and a water source beside Area C. Picnic Area C seats 350, has a barbecue and a water source nearby.Picnic Area D seats 150, has a barbecue and a water source beside Area C. For more information or to reserve park space please call the Customer Service Centre at: 905-615-4100
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Selecta

Post by Selecta »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Friends are just enemies who lack the testicular fortitude to kill you.

I'm a 2min man in a 1min universe

94 GS - KLZE, Spec2 Clutch, Fidanza 9lbs FW, 2 1/4 full magnaflow exhaust. 145WHP / 147WTQ
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

Flashpoint2 wrote:I know it's a really way-off-base idea, but what about holding it somewhere in Niagara? Or like Grimsby-ish?
ok.... woo hoo 5 minute drive for me :D

but really, wouldnt ridge road be a PERFECT cruise road, cant beat the edge of the escarpment :P
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Flashpoint2 wrote:I know it's a really way-off-base idea, but what about holding it somewhere in Niagara? Or like Grimsby-ish?
Excellent idea .... beautifull countryside, the place of my birth ... yep, lots of potential there.
JWMX3 wrote: but really, wouldnt ridge road be a PERFECT cruise road, cant beat the edge of the escarpment :P
OMG YES YES YES. Had one of our Ducati Club rides through there years ago. Nice curvy, smooth and challenging sections to negotiate, great countryside, very little traffic to ever contend with and it beats the hell out of driving through city traffic of Mississauge or Oakville to try and find a respectable, unencumbered, challenging route for a cruise. Outstanding idea Joe!! Now that I think of it. Hotches may be the perfect place. It's always been extremely successfull in the past for us. It's right on the lake, you can BBQ there, there's a restaraunt and ice cream place there, bathroom facilities, a stones through away from the highway for easy access from both directions, it's quick jaunt onto the QEW for a little spirited driving followed by an exit possibly onto say 50 Road exit or whatever to the escarpment, a little escarpment chicanery followed by yet another exciting return loop to Hutches. Mmmmmm, I like that too.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
MX3 GSR for dummies

Post by MX3 GSR for dummies »

I live in missy but niagra sounds like a pill with lots of enjoyment!!! :lol:
If at first you don't succeed....it never happened

94 mx3 GS w/ KLZE, KL31 ECU, clutchmaster stage 3, cross drilled rotors, Custom ram air intake, Custom exhaust, Toyo tires, 250LPH fuel pump, Modified Distributor, Upgraded Wiring etc, external HEI, Full Body Drift kit and freshly painted Grey. Interior neon accents and much more in progress
dealslookin

Post by dealslookin »

Hi all, I just got my MX-3 fixer upper last year and only done a few things to it. I would love to go to a meet and shoot the breeze with X3 owners. I live up North in North Bay and would go down...But does it matter that my car is not all done up to the nines?? It is just kinda stock right now but i will get to it eventualy. thanks
Daniel
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

EVERYone is welcome, whether u'r bone stock or show quality or anywhere in between.
good thing about coming before anything's done, is u can see what others have done, see what works, see what doesn't, and find out how to do, what to do, and what not to do.
Flashpoint2

Post by Flashpoint2 »

Hi all, I just got my MX-3 fixer upper last year and only done a few things to it. I would love to go to a meet and shoot the breeze with X3 owners. I live up North in North Bay and would go down...But does it matter that my car is not all done up to the nines?? It is just kinda stock right now but i will get to it eventualy. thanks
No worries, dude! EVeryone is welcome to attend! Lol sometimes we even get people who don't own MX-3s :P (that's right FieroMX3, I'm talkin about your brother lol) As Ian said, it's a great chance to get ideas, and to see what sort of things would work for you, and what wouldnt. Aside from a set of rims and a stereo, mines a completely stock 4 banger.
We're a very friendly bunch, I'm sure youd have a great time!
1996 MX-3 RS - Sold.
2004 RX-8 GS - Yay!
dealslookin

Post by dealslookin »

Well that sounds great!! I think i will have a good time too. :) OH and BBQ sounds well worth the drive lol:)
Daniel
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

lol well he sometimes wants to go cuz we get some good meets.....hes just jealous cuz his car isnt good enough for fiero meets lol
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
Flashpoint2

Post by Flashpoint2 »

So... after all these posts we still haven't figured out where it's gonna be. People seem to like the Niagara idea, so if there's no objections, we should run with that. We'll just have to call it the 9th annual Ontario MX3 meet as opposed to the missy meet.
1996 MX-3 RS - Sold.
2004 RX-8 GS - Yay!
ovendenk
Supporting Member

Post by ovendenk »

well, i would really like to go, but moving this to niagra would add a lot of time to the drive to get there and i don't know if i could make it. i'm sure there's a lot of people east of the gta that would agree.
kevin (aka The Oven)
93 mx-3 GS KL-ZE with KL31 cams and properly chipped ecu
All mods are on my website: http://ca.geocities.com/ovendenk
MX-3.com Worklog: http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=48462
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

See .. what you do is go to the meet ... pick up Bushisword (sorry for spelling) in Brockville, pick up me in Kingston, pick up anyone in Belleville, then Trenton and Oshawa and anyone else I may have forgotten ... that's the fun of it ................. now if I can keep up with all of you .. LOL

DEB
New owner of a "2008 Tiburon GT"

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”