LED-style taillights

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Urbanconcept

Post by Urbanconcept »

precidian, why don't you modify your altezza's to use the spyderlight led lights as mentioned before? I'm sure they have ones small enough to fit. just use your stock ones to try it out first, then mod the altezzas once you have a good understanding of what is involved.
Friendship is like pissing your pants: Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its true warmth.
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

Josh wrote:
What ever!! you keep on dreaming, while I make mine. im already AWD , obvously Led tail lights wont be a challenge.
So you are saying you have a small one, and it is as limp as a noodle, because of ED, so you have lots of time on your hands??

OR are you just saying that you have something against puppies??
precidian

Post by precidian »

Urbanconcept wrote:precidian, why don't you modify your altezza's to use the spyderlight led lights as mentioned before? I'm sure they have ones small enough to fit. just use your stock ones to try it out first, then mod the altezzas once you have a good understanding of what is involved.
The suggestion of working on the stock light housing is not practical since the layout is different compared to the altezza housing and will not yield the proper results.

Using the stock wiring harness(cutting it is not an option) and the proper spiderlight combination, there is virtually no room between the back of the altezza housing and the body. If the housing is cut to make it fit in the limited space, then alot of the inside reflector will be removed and not provide full and even illumination. I have also requested information about the LEDs that they use. They would not disclose the angle of illumination or brightness of the LEDs they use. That info is also important in determining if the project would be successful.
If someone would like to donate an altezza tail light and a spiderlight to me, then I would be more then willing to try to make it work.
Tom S. - '94 MX-3 GS-X Sparkle Green

I say, Ahmed. What is that thing you do when you're about to assassinate an infidel?
Urbanconcept

Post by Urbanconcept »

Ahhh well. I just hacked up a stock set of taillights, then molded in mounts for a custom setup. I'm a few weeks away from finishing school, then I'm going to complete them and post up pics.
Friendship is like pissing your pants: Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its true warmth.

Return to “Appearance”