GO KARTING EVENT INTEREST THREAD.

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.
Slade

Post by Slade »

How far is Brampton from Stoney Creek? Km's wise and time wise? I might not have the moeny to participate but if Im able I will come and watch and go for food possibly afterwards.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

EZ_4_FUN wrote:Mike, I think you said after 6 so I'm hoping you can try to book off early and make it, this way we can accomodate more people.
HAHA, not happening, sorry... :(

You guys don't wait for me, I'll come buy as soon as I can and see if i can squeeze in a session or two, hopefully.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

mycarhatesme wrote:i dunno any of y'all, but im coming too see all your cars
WOOT!

so if you see some guy walking around, looking at your cars, its me lol dont beat me up.

im broke, so i cant kart, even though i wasnt really invited lol.

i just moved to brampton, so i can finally have something to do. YA KNO!

CHEERS
There was no invitation. but you are more than welcome to join us.

ok so is this 60 bucks each or can we split laps amoungst each other?
What you can do is purchase less laps and race alongside us for say one of the 2 heats or during the qualifying.

ONCE AGAIN SUNDAY DECEMBER 18TH @ 4 PM

Averyone cool with this? Make sure you pm me so i have a head count for the guys!
OSKY
95 MX-3 GS ZE Turbo: MSnS-extra, AEM WB, Blitz boost controller, MSD 6A w/ Blaster2 Coil, ZE disty, Redtops @ 550, Walbro 255, Garrett T3/T04E 60 Trim w/ .63 A/R, 38mm Deltagate Mark II @4psi, FMIC, Apexi BOV, CM Dual friction, 4-6.25 Kickers, 2ch Alpine V12. That's Alll.

http://www.pakfeifertuning.com
ExperimentX

Post by ExperimentX »

I feel like a f---in tool since I started the thread, but I have to cancel, company Christmas party and part of the managerial responsibility is attending it, besides there will be a plasma TV given a way :twisted:
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

hey this does actually seem to work....getting back from quebec on saturday and not going outta town again till thurs...seeing a movie during the day with some friends on sunday (i`ll see if they wanna come too) but im sure there wont b any conflicts
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

so we got:

fieromx3
ez_4_fun
mp5_precidia
nd4spdse?
msequence
cdngrl420
slade
fry_81
mycarhatesme
den
deimos
kp2t?
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

I hope,

I didn't book the sprint event because it appears that some of you find it a litle expensive and the lack of PM's left me unsure about the attending members.

We can simply do some laps then go for food and drinks afterwards, In this manner, its cheaper and we still get to do everything as planned.
OSKY
95 MX-3 GS ZE Turbo: MSnS-extra, AEM WB, Blitz boost controller, MSD 6A w/ Blaster2 Coil, ZE disty, Redtops @ 550, Walbro 255, Garrett T3/T04E 60 Trim w/ .63 A/R, 38mm Deltagate Mark II @4psi, FMIC, Apexi BOV, CM Dual friction, 4-6.25 Kickers, 2ch Alpine V12. That's Alll.

EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

I spoke with them over at Kartways and we will be getting a discount off regular laps and possibly able to book the sprint event last minute if when we get there tomorrow at 4pm, we decide thats what the majority wants.

Try to get there no later than 4:30pm
OSKY

fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

what street is this place actually on? so for directions
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

EZ_4_FUN wrote:Go Karting will take place at Formula Kartways in Brampton Ontario.

410 and Steeles Area

http://www.formulakartways.com

I would like to go for the sprint racing event $65

-50 laps [ 10 qualifying, heat #1 (15laps), heat #2 (15laps) ]
-Top 3 get medals

Roughly takes up about 2 hours.

After that, for those that would like to go for food and drinks is also an option.
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

where the hell was everyone? no one showed up except for ian (deimos) and oscar(ez_4_fun) i went there and stayed for an hour and about 10 mins after the others went into the back and me and my bro left. if ur not goin to show call or post it on this board it really sux drivin that ways and no one botherd to show
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
kp2t

Post by kp2t »

u guys left to early then, there were 15 of us I think..... I GOT A BRONZE METAL! :D

Mike and I got there just after 6:30... missed the qualify but Mike got 1st and Oscar got 2nd I got 3rd....

Not bad at all! :)

Really good event Oscar!! AGAIN SOOON!!! :)
ImageImageImageImageImage
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

it was a killer meet...and there was also kurt when u were there, but u don't know him (he's an old-timer...plays w/ his beemer now) :)
shoulda stayed at least to watch that last race....it was nuts
when we do it again in feb we'v gotta video tape it (if anyone out there has one, please lemme know)
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Too bad you and your brother didn't stay Duncan, you missed some intense racing...remember what I said:
i finish work at 6, but the karting starts at 4, but the way were organised, it'll just be starting by the time i get there
Me and Krish got there at 6:30. They had already done the qualifier and the "classroom training", we got there *just* as they were getting ready to go down and start heat 1. But since we missed the qualifier, me and Krish were stuck at the end of the pack, but besides not getting any classroom time, nor a qualifier warm up, me and Krish managed to take top finishing spots in the end. Oscar on the second Heat got put at the end since he was really fast (either it was him or the car, I think it was both) and managed to come back all the way to first, but somehow screwed up and when trying to get around lap traffic, got stuck half way underneath a barrier, but with that only dropped him down to 4th (he had a significant lead on me when he crashed) and moved back upto 2nd. I "got lucky" and got 1st (I should of taken that bet :wink:), but he would of surely caught back up and taken 1st back if he would of had a few more laps.

Did we count exactly how many people were racing? I didn't but I guestimated a good dozen, at least. I really enjoyed it...I'm just sore as hell. My arms are still sore, but now my butt and my legs (ya, I'm a wuss;)). I don't know how the hell I was driving to be this sore, but it worked.

I just checked out their message board and apparently they have a winter leave starting february 6th....thinking of joining :driver:
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”